“Quaint Elegance with a feeling of home.”
Review of Casa Ludovico

Casa Ludovico
Reserve with OpenTable
Casa Ludovico is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 208 Restaurants in Palm Harbor
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 15, 2013

This was my first visit to Casa! i wanted to find a unique place to take my mom visiting from out of town. What a lovely place. A renovated home with hardwood floors and wine everywhere. It's hard to believe it was built in 1902...i did my research. They do not take reservations, yet we had only a short wait to be seated...this gave us time to enjoy a nice glass of wine on the terrace. Carmine, the owner actually spent a few minutes speaking with us about Naples...it made the evening extra special for my mom. Food was great! You can definitely notice the high quality ingredients. I'll definitely come again...and bring friends!

1  Thank 999Ali

Reviewed September 14, 2013

My family and I have been going to Casa Ludovico for many years and have never been disappointed. The ambiance, the food and the service is always first class and tonight was no exception. As we walked into the restaurant we were pleasantly greeted by owner Carmine Cervelli who personally showed us to our table. The attentive wait staff immediately filled our water glasses and brought out fresh italian bread and olives to our table for us to eat while we decided what to order. My wife and daughter both ordered the rigatoni vodka which was cooked to perfection al-dente. I had the squid ink pasta with fresh crab and baby clams which was also perfectly executed. For dessert we shared a freshly stuffed cannoli and some hot cappuccinos. Hands down this is my favorite italian restaurant in Pinellas county.

1  Thank Joe A
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Last night I had guests in from out of town and we decided to go to Casa Ludivico. I had not been in a few months and I will never let that much time pass by again without eating there!

The veal chop was simply - incredible. Veal is a favorite of mine and this dish was quite possibly at the top of my favorite dining experiences! The waiter suggested a super Tuscan Solane that was very nice. And the Tiramisu? Light and airy and perfect. The pasta norcina was a huge hit with my friends also.

I cannot say enough good things! The staff was attentive and very polished and the atmosphere was very warm and inviting.

Don't miss this gem!

2  Thank JuliePalmHarbor
Reviewed September 13, 2013

I was so happy to find this restaurant in Palm Harbor. The wine list was incredible. The waiter suggested a beautiful bottle of italian wine. While i was enjoying the wine, i ordered the veal chop which was very good! Overall i am very satisfied with this restaurant, from the service, to the food, and to the ambiance. Thank you Casa Ludovico.

1  Thank kelsey l
Reviewed September 8, 2013

My wife and daughter and I had dinner here last night.we were welcomed by the parking staff who wished us an enjoyable meal.
Upon entering the restaurant we were approached by a rather scruffy looking gentleman who said "for three " this was the first inkling that he was staff. We mentioned we had reservations however this did not seam to matter.
He escorted us upstairs and at the top he "said this one" pointing to a four top on the staircase landing then went back downstairs.The table where we were seated was possibly the worst table in the house ,being on the landing at the top of the stairs every patron and waiter passed the table on the asent and decent of the staircase.
The gentleman who seated us offerd no welcome ,no smile no " enjoy your meal" nothing.
Their was an air of confusion in the upstairs dinning room which left us feeling agitated their was one waiter in the upstairs dinning room looking after approximately 20 customers.
The waiter was competent and professional throughout the meal.
I do wish that when evening specials are offered that the price be disclosed either verbally or in a printed special menus insert. We felt that braised beef ravioli at $ 26.00 was priced over the top in comparison to other pasta dishes on the menue and in my opinion was just not wrth the price. My wife's chicken masala was ok but on the dry side and is offered with broccoli ? She ordered a side of pasta.
We had waited along time to try this restaurant and overall felt a little disappointed however we will put this down to a bad night and will try this again in a month or so mid week rather than a Saturday night.
Upon leaving the gentleman who took us to the poor table at the beginning of the meal just stood by in the lobby no I hope you enjoyed your meal ,no thank you ,no good night nothing.
The parking lot attendants did say thank you for coming and wished us a good night.

4  Thank ImacToronto