“Best sushi restaurant in the Tampa Bay area”
Review of Faceless Samurai

Faceless Samurai
Ranked #58 of 205 Restaurants in Palm Harbor
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Well prepared and very fresh sushi by "Duke" - the very friendly owner/sushi chef/host. {In addition, his wife prepares very interesting Thai food which really is a nice expansion of the classical Japanese menu.) Duke's salmon skin hand rolls are the best we have ever had and the presentation of all his dishes is perfect.

A little history: There has been a good Japanese restaurant hidden in this location for almost 30 years. Each of the five owners has added their own touches that have improved the menu and, atmosphere. For many years there was just a plain "restaurant" sign. A few years ago the last owner added the word "Japanese" above "restaurant". Duke realizes that when you go out to dine you want more than just a generic experience and naming it the Faceless Samurai was just the start of his many improvements.

1  Thank sawdusted

Reviewed October 22, 2013

My husband and recently visited this restaurant to have Thai food. They also serve sushi here. The dishes we had were phenomenal. The Thai menu is very limited, more choices on the Japanese option. My Thai dinner consisted of Drunken Noodles, which I love in general but I think that restaurant makes it the best in ALL of Tampa Bay. Wow!!! I was won over. My husband had the Mussoman curry and he really enjoyed his dinner too. We will definitely be back to try the Japanese menu. Nice little hidden jewel in a kind of business/semi shopping strip mall, their restaurant awning actually reads, "Japanese Restaurant". Parking is ample, restaurant is not big and if it catches on much more you may need to call ahead and make reservation.