“A twin hit for a birthday celebration”

Mystic Fish Seafood Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Mystic Fish Seafood Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 203 Restaurants in Palm Harbor
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Lake St. George
Transit: Route 93 Tampa Rd and Lake St. George.
“A twin hit for a birthday celebration”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

After hearing good things for year about Mystic Fish, at my bride's request, I took her and her twin brother for a birthday dinner. The con about going to this popular eatery is that there was a fairly lengthy wait for our Saturday evening reservations. The pro is that it is crowded for a reason. Once we got seated, we received prompt and friendly service. Cocktails were well prepared, bountiful and reasonably priced. I started with a fish chowder which uniquely bold and tasty. My brother-in-law also lauded his lobster bisque. Salads and bread offerings were pretty much run of the mill. When they had hogfish on the menu, none of us could pass it by. We all ordered it and were well satisfied with the fish preparation and the sauce. Sides again were nothing special but tasty nonetheless. Birthday desserts were a must and are served in smaller, reasonably priced to size portions so you can sample more than one. My bride, the chocoholic was not disappointed by the flourless cake and chocolate mousse. I very much savored the salted caramel gelato and my brother-in-law gave a Florida native's thumbs up to the key lime pie. In all, it was a very positive experience with a fine meal at a price that did not break the bank. I would return and recommend it to friends.

• Visited April 2013

Florida
“Gourmet Food in Elegant, quiet setting”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

This restaurant has it all---innovative gourmet food, a quiet elegant setting and good service. We ate early and enjoyed their "Eventide Special"---select appetizer and entree for $12.50. I was amazed how full the restaurant was at 5:30---so I strongly recommend reservations at all times. The portion size was a bit small, but the richness of the food and delicacy of flavor made up for it. Who needs extra calories anyway? Dessert (Key Lime Panceta) was delicious, but too small to share.

• Visited April 2013
Springfield IL
“Consistently Excellent”
Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

Dined on Good Friday, so it was crazy busy and they ran out of hogfish. Substitutions were more than adequate, spirits options good, service attentive, and priced reasonably. Always go at least once per visit, never disappointed.

“One of the best meals I've had in a long time!”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

My boyfriend and I came here one night while we vacationed in Tampa. The atmosphere is somewhat swanky (we're college kids) but very nice. The food was amazing! He ordered the choice sirloin and was a perfect medium rare and absolutely delicious. I got the duck breast with a tropical curry sauce. The duck was out of this world. To top it off we got the white chocolate bread pudding and creme brulee which were the prefect size and finished the meal off great. Definitely recommend this place to anyone wanting a wonderful meal. Joelene (sorry if I misspelled) was a great server!

Ocoee, Florida, United States
“Very good, hot fresh food served quickly”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

We tried this restaurant because it came so highly ranked on TripAdvisor. It did not disappoint. I had the grilled salmon, a large portion which was served fresh from the grill. I had to let it cool slightly. The wine list was adequate. Only fault was not really their fault. We ate at 7:30, which is prime time for them, so because they were so busy, we felt the need to rush ourselves. Come in after 8 and it will be a more relaxing event.

• Visited March 2013