“Oh yum!”

Ranked #4 of 14 Dessert in Palm Harbor
Cuisines: Deli
Good for: Families with children
Reviewed August 23, 2014 via mobile

It's been 13 or 14 years since I are here. I love if just as much! The location is great--size, decor, and a bakery/deli counter. Our server was fast, friendly, & we had a great lunch. The Woody Allen had beef tongue on it & I was intrigued to try it--it was tasty but seemed like any other lunch meat. The Reuben was out of this world. We even got free dessert w a drink--4 desserts for ordering 4 beers!!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,427)

Reviewed August 21, 2014

I have driven past this place a hundred times, and never stopped by. We finally decided to give it a try the other day, and we absolutely loved it!

For an appetizer, we ordered mozzarella sticks. 5 minutes later, they were delivered, and we were amazed... 5 or 6 HUGE mozzarella sticks with homemade sauce. EXCELLENT.

Then, we both ordered Caesar salad... which came with homemade croutons (they were sooo good!) and shaved parmesan or romano cheese. The dressing was great!

Next, my husband ordered meatballs with sauce and ricotta cheese. The meatballs were huge, and the sauce was perfect. The ricotta cheese topping was perfect.

I ordered the tuna melt. It usually comes with Swiss cheese, but I asked for American instead. The sandwich was huge, and it came with fries. I couldn't eat the fries and half the sandwich, because it was just too much food. I brought half the sandwich home with me. My husband brought home almost his entire meatball dinner. He was able to eat 1/2 meatball, and was full.

Our waitress let us know that we were entitled to a free dessert. We could choose between plain or raspberry cheesecake, or an apple danish. We chose the plain cheesecake, and asked for it to go. We were stuffed.

So, with our huge doggie bag in hand, we walked over to the Brooklyn Bakery on premises. We ordered a bunch of desserts to take home... Cookies, a cannoli, and a mini coconut cream pie. The cookies were amazing, and the cannoli reminded me of home (NY/NJ)... The coconut cream pie was awesome! And, we had a bite of the cheesecake, and it was incredible!

I LOVE THIS PLACE! You must go! :)

Reviewed August 19, 2014

Lucky Dill is a a great place for lunch. Daily specials, plus a wide menu selection, provides something for everyone. The portions are large, so be prepared to take home half of what you order. The "Dill" offers great service, plenty of seating, and ample parking, and lest I forget, reasonable pricing. Hope this is helpful for your first visit. Enjoy!

Reviewed August 19, 2014

Been here many times and always satisfied. Sometimes there is a line, that is the only downfall. But there is no problem waiting for great food - it's not their fault they're so popular and delicious

Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

They really need help organizing and getting things in the proper size order. This is the messy store. Also shoe rack rows are in excess 20-25 feet long and of you are lucky to get one size sign per aisle. I picked up a dozen pair of shoes and not one pair was in the right size area. Not one. Staff spent most of the time in groups socializing and not one that passed me in the aisles asked me for help or assistance.

1  Thank 360Rocket