“Above average on quality - Small portions”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Vetture's Pizzeria and Restaurant
Ranked #77 of 218 Restaurants in Palm Harbor
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed February 1, 2013

I've been eating here for years. The food is average. The price in 'Ok' Portions are a little small, with exception of the calzones.

Better that most. Not as good as some.

Reviewed December 12, 2012 via mobile

Ordered their house specialty; the 'Crispino' Pizza, because I always feel te way to truly judge a restaurant is by what is their front-line dish.
It was a thin crust, freshly topped and definitely handmade. The taste was solid, but certainly didn't knock my socks off as I had hoped. Service was good and from what I saw, all run by young men in their 20's.
It gets the job done, but not a notable dinner that would cause me to return.

Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

Lets start out By saying we live two minutes away from this place.when we received our food -pizzas -They were borderline cold and soggy. We ordered fries and they were soggy as well. The pizzas we ordered were fantastic sounding and probably very good fresh but these were not. Our thin crust was soggy and limp and the toppings were cold. Not impressed to say the least.oh and the price for everything was nuts. 58 bucks. Not worth it.

Reviewed January 9, 2012

If I would have had a pizza, perhaps my review would be different, particularly if I had not eaten in. However, I did dine in and didn't have pizza....

I had the Alfredo. "Blah" is the best description I can give. It wasn't bad...but it sure wasn't good, either. I took most of it home to doctor it up.

The service was mediocre at best, and there is no real atmosphere to speak of.

I give Vetture's a 3 of 5, simply because I am thinking of their take-out pizza. If not for that, I'd have rated it a 2.

Reviewed November 30, 2011

This pizzeria always delivers what we want: good quality, great prices and prompt service with a smile. Their standard cheese pizza is great, better than just about every other one we've tried in the area. But their gourmet pizzas really shine!

The "Grandma" pizza has a very crispy thin crust with cheese and a special basil topping, plus tomato sauce. It also has a little bit of spice for kick which I really enjoy. The "Crispino" pizza is also a thin crust pizza with a light marinara sauce topped with fresh mozzarella (I think made in-house), fresh tomato slices, fresh basil, fresh garlic and olive oil and a touch of balsamic drizzled on top. Yumm! We enjoy both so much that it's hard to choose! That's why when we order a pie to go we often get the combo 1/2 and 1/2. They also have an eggplant Crispino and one with buffalo chicken...you probably can customize it any way you want but we always go with the traditional. It's so light and full of flavor!

The rest of the menu is standard Italian pizzeria fare: calzones, wings, stromboli, and sandwiches from Sausage and Peppers to Chicken Parm. Also lots of the usual pasta entrees, plus seafood, veal and chicken. The only other items we've tried are the chicken parm at lunch - good quality and excellent price...and their soups, which taste really homemade - I love the chicken orzo. Where else can you get a bowl of homemade chicken soup for $3.25?? Some places charge you $5+ for something that tastes like it came out of a can.

But the pizza is really the star! You also can get anything you want on their standard pizza (which also is a pretty thin crust, but a little thicker than the gourmet pizzas) - from veggies and meats to pineapple. They also make a classic Sicilian pizza which looks great but we have never tried b/c we prefer thin crust.

The atmosphere is extremely casual and welcoming. I like seeing the food display case as soon as you walk in - it always shows off some great pizza selections and baked goods.

I think this place is a pretty big hit with locals. Have seen large groups dine together here. Kid-friendly.

NOTE: You can get all their pizzas by the slice (something not available in lots of other places) - and they even offer whole wheat crust!