“Great value and location”

Knights Inn Palm Harbor
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Palm Harbor
Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

We stay at Red Roofs with our dog, and this location supplied all the usual plusses. The worst thing was, no L-shaped desk like at other locations. The desk is very small.

All in all a great stay though. Great location for exploring the Gulf beaches.

• Stayed: June 2013

Reviewed June 12, 2013

My boyfriend and I booked this place for 5 nights knowing that it wouldn't be a "hilton" property but needed something affordable and close to the beaches. It completely served it's purpose! The only negative was a really uncomfortable (hard) bed. Otherwise it was clean, accommodating and affordable!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sara L
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I give this hotel 1 star only because the lady in the office took accomdated me even though I made a date error on my reservation.

The place was listed at the time of my booking as a 3 star hotel. When I got to my room I had to laugh. The gap below the front door was large enough to allow most any critter with an ounce of want to, to come and go freely. I might as well slept out on the walkway.

Secondly, you could easily identify where they had patched the drywall inside the room. Very shoddy drywall workmanship and they didn't bother to paint the wall, just brushed an off color coat of paint to cover up their already crappy work.

Among other things noted, my non-smoking room had a bedspread with cigarette burns, the bathroom was awful, low water pressure and the water got to tepid but not hot.

My recommendation......Stay Away!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Arrrgh34745
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I would rather sleep in my car than stay here. They made me pay for the night even though we did not stay because they said they wouldn't be able to book it out again( I wonder why) I was there a year ago and it was really nice don't know what happen but stay away. We ran so fast I didn't get the chance to take photo's

Room Tip: Go to Lake Tarpon Resort it is beautiful
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank karenjb2013
Reviewed February 1, 2013

I opened the door, turned on the light and couldn't believe my eyes. There are no words to describe this hole. Please, whatever you do, do not ever even consider a stay here. I would rather sleep with my head propped up on an armrest in my car than to sleep in this place. And I didn't go there for price. I went there because it looked nice in pix on the net. All lies, repeat do not even pull your car into the driveway. I want to say more but I'm speechless. I charged the room on my card to get a reservation from across state. The desk girl has no power to give a refund so you must take action by calling your card company and telling them not to pay for this substandard wreck. Just disgraceful. Do not, I repeat, do not listen to one good review on here. They must be relatives of the franchisee. To post this I had to push one button, I didn't want to push one but I had to. Terrible is right.

Room Tip: Go some where else.
Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank L G
Reviewed January 26, 2013

To realize we will NEVER stay here again. We read the reviews,but, stayed anyway, figuring we've had good luck at many other RRI's. But, nope, never again. Dirty room, very noisy other guests, smelly room, overall, just a bad experience. Nothing like other Red Roof Inns we've stayed at. STAY AWAY !!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
redroofpalmharbor, Owner at Knights Inn Palm Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Thank you for taking your time to review the hotel. I am sorry that our hotel did not meet and exceed your expectations. You comments have been taken to heart and plans have already been put in place to ensure the next guest has an excellent stay with us.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

If you want a place to sleep for under $60 that takes dogs, this will do. Do not expect a 3 star place as 2 of the stars have fallen down. No place to take the dog except for a bit aof grass off the parking lot. Not the worst place we have stayed but would not go back.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
#2 of 4 in Tarpon Springs
Hampton Inn & Suites Tarpon Springs
Holiday Inn Express Clearwater North/Dunedin
Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa Northwest Oldsmar

Been to Knights Inn Palm Harbor? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Knights Inn Palm Harbor

Address: 32000 US Highway 19 N, Palm Harbor, FL 34684-3711 (Formerly Palm Harbor Inn)
Location: United States > Florida > Palm Harbor
Business Center with Internet Access Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Palm Harbor
Price Range: $51 - $73 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2 star — Knights Inn Palm Harbor 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Hotwire, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Knights Inn Palm Harbor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Red Roof Inn Clearwater -Tarpon Springs Hotel Palm Harbor