“Not bad!” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Palm Harbor
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Not bad!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

My boyfriend and I booked this place for 5 nights knowing that it wouldn't be a "hilton" property but needed something affordable and close to the beaches. It completely served it's purpose! The only negative was a really uncomfortable (hard) bed. Otherwise it was clean, accommodating and affordable!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sara L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Winter Garden, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

I give this hotel 1 star only because the lady in the office took accomdated me even though I made a date error on my reservation.

The place was listed at the time of my booking as a 3 star hotel. When I got to my room I had to laugh. The gap below the front door was large enough to allow most any critter with an ounce of want to, to come and go freely. I might as well slept out on the walkway.

Secondly, you could easily identify where they had patched the drywall inside the room. Very shoddy drywall workmanship and they didn't bother to paint the wall, just brushed an off color coat of paint to cover up their already crappy work.

Among other things noted, my non-smoking room had a bedspread with cigarette burns, the bathroom was awful, low water pressure and the water got to tepid but not hot.

My recommendation......Stay Away!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Arrrgh34745
Winnipeg, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

I would rather sleep in my car than stay here. They made me pay for the night even though we did not stay because they said they wouldn't be able to book it out again( I wonder why) I was there a year ago and it was really nice don't know what happen but stay away. We ran so fast I didn't get the chance to take photo's

Room Tip: Go to Lake Tarpon Resort it is beautiful
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank karenjb2013
Palm Harbor, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I opened the door, turned on the light and couldn't believe my eyes. There are no words to describe this hole. Please, whatever you do, do not ever even consider a stay here. I would rather sleep with my head propped up on an armrest in my car than to sleep in this place. And I didn't go there for price. I went there because it looked nice in pix on the net. All lies, repeat do not even pull your car into the driveway. I want to say more but I'm speechless. I charged the room on my card to get a reservation from across state. The desk girl has no power to give a refund so you must take action by calling your card company and telling them not to pay for this substandard wreck. Just disgraceful. Do not, I repeat, do not listen to one good review on here. They must be relatives of the franchisee. To post this I had to push one button, I didn't want to push one but I had to. Terrible is right.

Room Tip: Go some where else.
Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank L G
Alpena, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

To realize we will NEVER stay here again. We read the reviews,but, stayed anyway, figuring we've had good luck at many other RRI's. But, nope, never again. Dirty room, very noisy other guests, smelly room, overall, just a bad experience. Nothing like other Red Roof Inns we've stayed at. STAY AWAY !!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
redroofpalmharbor, Owner at Red Roof Inn Clearwater -Tarpon Springs, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you for taking your time to review the hotel. I am sorry that our hotel did not meet and exceed your expectations. You comments have been taken to heart and plans have already been put in place to ensure the next guest has an excellent stay with us.
Palm Harbor, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

If you want a place to sleep for under $60 that takes dogs, this will do. Do not expect a 3 star place as 2 of the stars have fallen down. No place to take the dog except for a bit aof grass off the parking lot. Not the worst place we have stayed but would not go back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a couple of nights. I thought it was a good place. The front desk receptionist and other hotel staff were really friendly. The room was clean as well. Also, One thing I liked about the location was that, the rooms were located away from the road so it was really peaceful.
Definitely worth the price

Howard Johnson Inn and Suites Clearwater FL
Holiday Inn Express Clearwater North/Dunedin
Hampton Inn & Suites Tarpon Springs
BEST WESTERN PLUS Yacht Harbor Inn

Been to Red Roof Inn Clearwater -Tarpon Springs? Share your experiences!