“Favorite”

Positano's Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Positano's Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 203 Restaurants in Palm Harbor
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Lake St. George
Palm Harbor, Florida
“Favorite”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

It's family owned and they care about their customers. The serving staff is great and the food is exceptional. We go there often.

1 Thank Brian G

Tarpon Springs, Florida
“Dark and dirty”
Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

We had never visited Positano's but heard it was good food. Gave it a try last night and found the place to be a little dark, very dated decor and in dire need of carpets, paint and could use some table cloths. I ran my finger along the dado rail and found it greasy and dusty, not a good sign for me in what is supposed to be a quality eatery. The food is overpriced ($12) for 14 mussels in a wine sauce as a starter and then $5 for each veggie. The one good point was the steaks were very well cooked and tasted great. However it was not enough for us to go back again.

Visited May 2014
3 Thank James M
FL
“Mother's Day, Birthday & Graduation Disappointment”
Reviewed May 14, 2014

We choose Positano's for our Sunday family celebration dinner after reading great reviews here and from some other online sites - to celebrate three special events in our family: Mother's Day, a big birthday and a college graduation. Honestly - so very Disappointed. We had a reservation. They seemed to be confused when we arrived and took a while to seat us. That should have been our first clue. The theme of the evening seemed to be "waiting" - the timing and the flow for the whole dinner service was very "off." We waited an extensive period for our server to initially greet us. We waited for our water glasses to be filled (and re-filled). We waited for our order to be taken. We waited with dirty dishes on the table. We waited for our dessert order to be taken to celebrate these special events.Trays for delivery of food to other tables were set right in our backs. It felt like we were the stereotypical "step-table" and all the other tables were the "favored children" getting all the attention. At this price point, and this special holiday, you expect much better service and care. Even after a visit to the host stand to communicate our disappointment, nothing was done. And, the food quality was poor. No excuse that it was a holiday - sugary sweet marsala sauce? slightly undercooked chicken? mushy pasta? Two members of our family had G/I distress immediately after dinner and for the following day.
We can't get back that special family dinner celebration - nor our the big ticket price of the bill - and have a do-over.
Not good - not impressed - won't ever return - won't ever recommend.
Be forewarned.

3 Thank beach1fl
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great First Time Visit”
Reviewed May 11, 2014

This was the first time I had eaten at Positano's and it was excellent. I had meat lasagna that was very tasty and too much to eat in one sitting. My sister had a pasta special that was also very good. The bread was very good and the salad was nice. We had 2 glasses of wine for $6 before 7pm. i would like to go back and try the pizza from their authentice pizza oven.

Tampa, Florida
“We are addicted to their Pizza!”
Reviewed April 24, 2014

Let me start by saying I not a pizza person. My husband and I have been coming to this restaurant for about a year. I usually order one of their fabulous pasta dishes and my husband orders the pizza. I had a bite of his pizza on our last visit and decided that it's my new favorite. There is a pizza maker right there making the pizza with the special down the street from Italy and an 800° brick oven, very authentic. It's better to go during the week when it's not so busy because on Friday and Saturday night if you don't have a reservation be prepared to break a long time. No matter what you order you cannot go wrong and the service is friendly atmosphere very cozy and comfortable. We have a business associate who is Italian and she said she is been to every Italian restaurant in Tampa and this is by far the most authentic tasty that she has been test

• Visited April 2014