“Great New Year's Dinner”

Positano's Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Positano's Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 204 Restaurants in Palm Harbor
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Lake St. George
Reviewed January 9, 2014

This was our third year at Positano's New Years! The meals were great (we all shared). Even brought our own wines (small corking fee applies) to compliment our meal. Then to the bar for the countdown, champagne, and great friends. Definitely going again next year.

There are newer reviews for Positano's Ristorante

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Great find! Even better, close to home! Authentic Italian food, homemade sauces and pasta. Excellent brick oven pizza. Menu prices very reasonable, and definitely worth the money.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

Today was the first time I have felt inspired to write a restaurant review, but Positano's was such an incredible experience, I just had to do it. First, the ambiance was perfect for Italian fare, and coupled with an excellent serving staff, I knew the evening was off to a great start. Looking over the menu, I was pleasantly surprised at the incredible pricing on so many entree's that I love, and drink's were fairly priced as well. I was in the mood for chicken parmesan, and the serving I received was incredible in size, and the best chicken parm I have ever had, anywhere - mouth-watering tender and seasoned perfectly. My girlfriend ordered meatball pizza, and raved about it for days! We are going back this week, and the following weekend when friends visit from out of state - Positano's is the best dining experience we have had in years. Bravo Positano's for raising the bar!

1  Thank RobbReview
Reviewed December 28, 2013

We have been to Positano's 3 times now, all on Friday nights. We sit in the bar area that has several high tables in addition to the bar. It is always bustling but never over crowded. Seems they are primarily diners who are enjoying the music. It is definitely not a part bar scene. The bartender and his two assistants handle this area and are always attentive. The bartender can seem aloof but it is really his dry sense of humor.

Last night we sat at the bar. We were served with fresh bread and dipping oil then a nice house salad before receiving our entrees which were reasonably priced. My friend had Eggplant Rollatini and angel hair pasta and I had Veal Francese with angel hair. Both were delicious and cooked perfectly.

Positano's is about a 50 minute ride for us. While the food is very good, the other reason we make the trip is to listen to the jazz trio that plays on Friday nights. Wish we knew the name of the band...Joe is on base, Fred is on drums and Matt is on keyboard. They are great and happy to take requests.

The only downside is that they close a little early...about 10 pm.

Reviewed December 14, 2013

Dined there friday the 13th of December for my wifes Birthday,
i had a reservation for 7pm, when we arrived i was told they were just cleaning our table and could we step away for the desk , so i waited another 15 minutes , and went back to the desk as i saw people who did not have a reservation being seated, the lady again asked my name then said i am sorry i forgot !!!
, so we ordered the food, just pasta with three really thin pieces of veal $24, and pasta with meat balls $23, tomato sauce tasted out of a can, really noisy in the room , just average really , but really expensive ,
there a lots of italian places in palm harbor/ clearwater/ dunedin, at half the price, we would not go back , very disappointing