“A place deserved of its 'busy' atmosphere”
Review of Ozona Pig

Ozona Pig
Ranked #6 of 209 Restaurants in Palm Harbor
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 4, 2014

We'd heard about 'the Pig' from neighbors who've given us previously good restaurant 'steers'. Stopping in at 7:30 on a Saturday we first noticed the great smells emanating from inside. we needed to wait for about 7 minutes to be seated; the place was PACKED, with everyone chowing down on a scrummy variety of eats. Despite being VERY busy, our drink orders came quickly and dinner soon thereafter. My husband had the beef brisket which was a large serving. I was glad I had the HALF order of nachos with pulled pork, as it, too, was generous. Both were delicious. The bill was a reasonable, $31 with tip and three beers. A large group that was seated after us also received their food in a timely manner as, it seemed, did everyone else. Folks continued to arrive, waiting up on the verandah for vacated outdoor tables as we paid and left, happy to have 'discovered' this very comfortable low-key local 'dive'.

Reviewed May 16, 2014

I've only had the pulled pork barbecue sandwich here, but I rate it a 5! For $6.95 I got a generous helping of pulled pork on a soft bun, excellent pickle and my choice of side, I chose coleslaw (it was just the way I like it) and my companions chose macaroni and cheese (very cheesy!). Each table has three squirt bottles of sauce - one hot (caliente), one thin regular, and one thick sweet vinegary sauce. The best thing is that they WARM the sauces so you don't cool down your sandwich with cold sauce. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The decor is eclectic and interesting. There's a great outdoor patio for the right weather.

Reviewed May 15, 2014

I visited for Christmas and for spring break. The food and atmosphere is what a restaurant is all about! Can't wait to go back.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

I try to eat here whenever I am in the neighborhood. I get the BBQ pork or ribs and they are tender and succulent. My party included people who ordered the fries, salad and shrimp and everyone was very happy with their meal. I appreciate that the sides are very tasty, also and includes a deviled egg. Reasonably prices, smokey scented goodness, not a real fancy place but clean and appealing.

Reviewed May 8, 2014

OUR party of 5 sat outside in front, at a picnic table to listen to the Tangent Girls sing on the stage, on a Wednesday night, in the heart of Quaint and historic Ozona (fresh air) on Orange Street. The place was pretty crowded. We drank ice cold pitchers of beer and ate the pulled pork and beef BBQ platters (ten bucks), which came, of course, with slaw and beans ( but you could substitute sides). I ratted the BBQ an 8 out of 10.The value was there and we had plenty to take home. Some of the other menu items seemed a little pricey, tho. The atmosphere and service were great. There was a bright half moon shining thru the moss-and-orchid-covered branches of the ancient Oak Tree. Another night in paradise--and if you need a little stronger drink, Mollie Goodheads is right across the street. We'll be back, as soon as we charge up the golf cart.

1  Thank SixcDogTeam