“Terrible!”

Ranked #1 of 158 Restaurants in Palm Coast
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 29, 2011

All lies, they sell tilapia as snapper. Everything else is frozen including clams & mussels. Over priced. They have no idea how to cook. No dish washer,unsanitary!

5  Thank dazed2203
LaPiazzaCafe, Owner at La Piazza Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2011

All fish comes in FRESH every single day except Sun., Have invoices to show that. Feel free to come in & see the FRESH FISH get delivered any day of your choice to meet the fisherman & question that to him...
VOTED BEST SEAFOOD & BEST FRESH FISH & CATCH OF THE DAY in the COUNTY, as well as MOST AWARDED RESTAURANT IN THE COUNTY, 24 AWARDS, no other Restaurant has every received that many awards in this county.
We have had the the same dish washer for 4 (four) years & or the same staff since day one. That has something to say about La Piazza Unsanitary ? On who"s account? Never had the the Board of Health say that & or fine us... Sounds like someone has it in for us, Good luck to you...
La Piazza Cafe

There are newer reviews for La Piazza Cafe

Reviewed September 18, 2011

First of all, let me start by saying, the two gentlemen who are in charge here (both named Larry, I believe), are two of the most upstanding men I have ever met. They were very polite and seemed to want to get to know us on a personal level, which I was quite smitten by. The restaurant itself was quite beautiful, and it was as if someone had handpicked the scenery right down to the gorgeous facade on the outside of the building. But, I digress. Let's get down to the real "meat" of this review.
My fiancee Amanda and I chose to eat here based on a recommendation from our good friend, Thomas, who lived in Florida for a period of time. Being that Tommy was a Jersey boy like myself, I knew he had impeccable taste when it comes to authentic Italian food. We arrived at La Piazza for dinner on the first night of our stay. Our appetizer was the Calamari. Let me just say, it was superb. Lightly breaded, yet cooked to perfection, this was by far the best Calamari I had ever tasted. OH! How could I forget about the bread they started with? The Focaccia bread that was included with the meal was magnificent! My fiancee also ordered a Caprice salad for us to share. The fresh Mozzarella practically melted in my mouth!
Now down to the meal. I ordered the Chicken Parmesan (I like to try Chicken parm at each of the Italian restaurants I attend; sort of my own personal tradition.) THIS WAS BY FAR THE GREATEST CHICKEN PARM THAT HAS EVER GRACED MY TASTE BUDS! Amanda ordered some sort of pasta dish (the exact one slips her mind), but she greatly enjoyed her meal as well! Portions were great, as neither one of us could finish our plates!
We enjoyed our dinner so much that we decided to go back the next day for lunch. If I can make one recommendation, it's ORDER THE JUNIOR. The sandwich was magnificent. Breaded chicken breast, roasted peppers, fresh mozzarella, what's not to love? We also tried some of the homemade rice pudding. In one word, DELICIOUS!
The food was magnificent, the service was impeccable (They even have a waiter who looks like a young Sylvester Stallone! I thought I was dining with "Rocky!"), and the overall atmosphere was just sort of mystical in some ways. When we sat in the outside seating at night and gazed out into the European Village, it was sort of like something out of a dream or a movie. Let's just say that Amanda and I definitely rekindled some old flames because of this magnificent meal! Bottom line is if you are in Florida, (I don't care if its Jacksonville, Orlando, Miami, Tallahassee, or Tampa Bay), you need to get to La Piazza if you are a fan of fine Italian cuisine. I didn't even get into the HUGE wine selection they have (I think the younger Larry is a real wine connossieur!) This is the place to be if you are trying to ride out into the sunset in the great state of Florida! We are going back over the Christmas holiday, so I will update my review after we go there again!!!

1  Thank crq722
Reviewed September 17, 2011

Visiting from out of state and went to this restaurant with friends. Had outside seating and the ambiance and the service was beyond excellent! Even better, they had the BEST Reisling that I have EVER had (Snoqualmie, 2010) and to my surprise, my entree even topped that! Where I live, I go to a little Italian restaurant (and that one only) when I've got a craving for Veal Parmesan. Best I've ever had....UNTIL..I ordered one at La Piazza. It was incredible - putting the one I get at home to shame. Seriously, if you're in Palm Coast, you MUST go to this restaurant. You'll be glad you did, and you might even find yourself writing a reivew just as I am...AND...which I've NEVER done before. Honestly...this place is THAT good! Check it out! You'll be glad you did......

Reviewed September 13, 2011

Excellent selection from appetizer to dessert. Reasonable prices. Good wine selections. We tried several restaurants in the area and found this to be far better than the others. It was the only one that didn't strike us as a beach, family atmosphere. Instead it was truly "fine dining". A restaurant for grown-ups. Went back the next night!

Reviewed September 3, 2011

The Snapper Picatta was exceptional, as was the Il Pescatori. Even the spaghetti is consistently delicious. We eat here often and always appreciate the wonderful service, great wine list, and overall ambiance. We love sitting outside and enjoy the entertainment at European Village.