“one of the best trips ever!”
Review of EconoLodge

EconoLodge
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Palm Coast
Reviewed April 13, 2010

I love this hotel it was so clean and nice. Prices were reasonable! 60 bucks for double beds on a Saturday! The manager was so helpful. We were trying to find things to do so he gave us a list of them. I would recommed this hotel to anyone for a wonderful stay. Oh it was really close to shopping and interstate!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Ryan W, General Manager at EconoLodge, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 386-446-4457.

Reviewed April 12, 2010

I actually checked reviews to stay in Palm Coast and this BW was recommended. What a mistake! There were so many things that weren't right. The minute we walked into the room...it smelled old and nasty. We are not smokers so our senses are high. There were cigarette butts everywhere. Thank goodness I always bring Lysol with me...it really didn't make a difference. It was pretty noisy all night long and be careful because there is a 2nd floor, but no elevator. There was noise from the bikes that came in later that night and then the AC. My daughter had to clean the pool before she would jump in. It was pretty gross. There computer system is older than dirt. Yes, it was inexpensive to stay, but unfortunately, we got what we paid for. Breakfast was okay but you can't fit more than 10 people in the joint and the hotel was full...go figure. However, have to commend the staff. They were good!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank 32043laa
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at EconoLodge, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your stay. While I’m thrilled to hear our staff was friendly, I regret that the hotel did not meet your expectations. Cigarette butts all over the ground is unacceptable and not the standard of our hotel. We apologize for the irritation and inconvenience this caused. We are in the process of evaluating opportunities for improvement and appreciate your input!

Reviewed March 28, 2010

My stay at the Best Western was amazing. The rooms were beautiful, clean and smelled really good. When I checked in the front desk lady already know my name and had eveyrthing ready for me to check in. Her name is Malinda. She helped me out with places i should take my partner for a great dinner and a beautiful place we would go just the two of us and have a quiet evening. The next day we woke up to find that every staff memeber we walked past said " Hello, and good moring." It was nice to see that when i first wake up in the morning. Also the hostis was very nice to us when we went to eat breakfest. The food not only looked great but tasted amazing. I didnt expect such great food from a hotel. Then as i was leaving to go back to my room, i had a few questions about Palm Coast, and i asked one of the Housekeepers. She was very polite, kind and funny. Alyssa was such a great help and gave us extra towels. I told her i wanted to stay another night and she said that was no problem she would let the front desk know so i didnt have to go back down to tell them. She told me to just dial 0 on our phone in the room to let me know that we are staying over or need any other questions. About a hour later i recieved a phone call saying that my partner got into a car accident. I was rushing to leave the hotel when Alyssa asked me if their was somethign wrong and if she could help me with anything. I explained eveything to her, she began to help me with my things and told me that she would let the front desk know whats going on and that i would not be staying another night due to my partner getting into a accident. Everyone at that hotel is very kind and I would love to stay their again. The rooms clean, the staff was amazing, and what more can i say? It was just a amazing stay even though the ending wasnt what i had planned. Thank you Best Western and Malinda,Alissa and the rest off the staff that run this hotel. Keep up the great work. I will be back soon.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 16, 2009

From the moment we walked in the front door, our stay was great. D.J. knew our names before we told it to him (what a nice touch, we were the last of his reservations, and he knew us by name and used our name). Made us feel right at home. The room was clean, spacious, and worth twice as much as we paid. D.J. called within 10 mins to make sure our room was satisfactory. The hotel area is very quiet, good neighborhood, and we didn't hear a peep all nite. Breakfast was very good, and we were on our way refreshed and satisfied. If you ever need a nice hotel, inexpensive, clean and friendly in the Daytona area, you need to give the Palm Coast Best Western your business. Keep up the good work!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed November 15, 2009

My job recently caused myself and three co-workers to visit Palm Coast. We decided to make it into an overnight trip. I am always hesitant about spending the night away from home.I was pleasantly surprised that when we got turned around with our directions we called Best Western and they took the time and patience ( after several phone calls from us) to get us safely there. I am sad to say I do not know the name of this wonderful person. The rooms were wonderfuly spacious and very,very clean. We very much appreciated the table and refrigerator. Most hotels we have visited do not have these things for the great rates we paid. We called down for some extra towels and almost before we got off the phone a nice well groomed young man was knocking on the door with our towels .I do know that his name was Daniel Murphy (DJ) After a good night sleep we all went down for breakfast . We weren't
expecting the wonderful breakfast waiting for us absolutely free. We had Belgium waffles, biscuits,
sausage,eggs,bagels,toast,cereal,oatmeal,fresh fruit and I don't even know what else.Plenty of what ever you wanted to drink.There was a really friendly lady there to help if you needed it .We ate so much I thought we were going to have to go back up and take a nap.I am trying to think of some excuse I can come up with to visit this wonderfully,friendly place again. I really cannot say enough nice things about this Best Western and their wonderful staff from the front desk ,house keepers to food services .If you have an chance to visit Palm Coast try to stay at Best Western. I believe like us you will be glad you did. :) :)

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business

Reviewed November 2, 2009

My wife and I stayed at the Best Western PC on our way down from Quebec to Hollywood fl as we do every year.We are pleased to say it hasnt changed a bit!!!!Same wonderful rooms and an even better breakfast!!!The frond desk clerk DJ was an excepionaly nice guy..We were in our ground floor room in less then 3 mins...He also had directions to just about every reasturant in town..This BW is one that you cant pass up for the price...Great job to the all the staff for maintaining a beautiful hotel...

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 4, 2009

Based on the great reviews here, I booked 2 rooms. Both were damp and smelled moldy. Cleanliness was average at best. Beds were comfortable. Cars and noise all night from the parking lot right outside our rooms. We put a "do not disturb" on one room and the maid left a note by 10am saying our room would not be cleaned that day.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank emsan
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at EconoLodge, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2009

We regret to hear of your experience during a recent stay at our hotel. Here at the Best Western we’re always working to improve our product and services and use feedback such as yours to do just that. There is no excuse for the housekeeping issues that occurred during your stay. We have been working with our staff to ensure these matters are corrected. Thank you for the distinct service you have provided us by sharing your thoughts.