“The motel that time and maintenance forgot”
Review of EconoLodge

EconoLodge
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Palm Coast
Reviewed March 29, 2012

Our first and last visit to this motel. Front desk lady was friendly and helpful. That's where the good ends and the bad begins. Carpet felt dirty, bath tub did not drain well during showers, toilet reservoir was loose, Only received 12 or 13 out of 60 some TV channels (no HBO). Free breakfast was horrible. This is very dated motel in need of serious maintenance.
A hotel travel coupon book said the motel was rated #2 in Trip Advisor so we took a chance. No way could that be correct. Latest rating in TA was well below that.
I cannot recommend this Best Western motel for any reason.

Room Tip: Check Trip Advisor before you stay.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
bwpcmanager, General Manager at EconoLodge, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to communicate to us why our hotel did not meet your expectations. Please accept our sincerest apology for any trouble or inconvenience we have caused you. Again, we highly appreciate your feedback, as it will assist us in becoming better at what we do. As with any business like ours, the greatest advertising we can have is word of mouth from a satisfied customer. It’s our goal to retain you as a satisfied customer and will hope to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed January 18, 2012

A clean room close to all shopping and restaurants, great value for the money.

• Stayed: December 2011

Dear Guest,
Let me start by thanking you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at our property. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay here with us. Hopefully next time you are in Palm Coast, you choose to stay at our hotel.

Reviewed December 26, 2011

I will never stay there again. We got in at about 2:30 in the afternoon, very tired from a long drive. The parking lot had one car in it which I presume was the clerk's. When we tried to check in, we were advised that check in time was 3 p. m. I noted that the parking lot was empty and obviously they had ready rooms since the whole place could not be cleaned up in 30 minutes. She said she did not know if any rooms were ready or not, so I asked her to check. She advised me that she could not since check in time was 30 minutes away. I cancelled my reservation on the spot, and walked across the street to the Sleep Inn. They, too, had a 3 p. m. check in time but the clerk behind the counter asked me to hold one minute while he checked for a clean room. He was back in less than a minute and gave me a really nice room for a better price than Best Western. Next time I'm in Palm Coast, this is where I will stay. Does the owner know he has people like this on the front desk?

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank tulipsFlorida

Dear Guest,

Please allow me this opportunity to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your brief visit. You willingness to share your thoughts is appreciated. The Best Western Palm Coast is committed to providing our guests with the highest quality services and facilities. We sincerely regret we fell short of our goal in this instance. Your comments are important to the success of our organization, as we rely on you, our guest, to tell us how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs.
Your willingness to share your experience is genuinely appreciated. I hope you will allow us the opportunity to serve your future lodging needs, as we would like the opportunity to provide you the level of service you expect from us.

Reviewed September 15, 2011

First I want to preface this by saying there is no question I could have the wrong hotel, yet looking at the sparkly room photos and reading some of the reviews, I feel I do. We stayed for 1 night before the Daytona 500 in February 2011. I was grateful to book early enough not to have to buy several days at high prices due to the race. However, the room was so worn and the walls so dirty, I didn't let my kids take off their shoes, let alone go barefoot.

I had read an old review about mold and mildew in the bath area, but I was still so shocked to see a lot of it on the ceiling. The toilet barely flushed and the carpet was truly dirty. There were large splats of bug (??) on the walls too. A bit creepy I have to say. I was disappointed because it was so opposite some of the reviews here, yet it matched others. How can the rooms be so nice to some people, yet so filthy to others? Do some rooms lay empty all winter or have short term rentals that they move out?? That is how it felt.

However, the linens were sparkly clean and so were the towels. We left for the race too early to see what there was for the continental breakfast. I'm not sure if the hotel just wasn't prepared for the full house they were receiving on race weekend, but I really expected clean if not fancy. I would suggest talking to the front desk if your room is not satisfactory as they truly seemed to want to be helpful.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Luvamoose67

Dear Guest ,

Thank you for feedback regarding your recent stay at our property. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.

Reviewed August 22, 2011

The property was clean, but the staff was not overly friendly. Good parking, easy access to highways and restaurants nearby. The water had a disconcerting yellow tint, which the staff only offered to change rooms. We only stayed two nights, and had already unpacked. Just used water elsewhere, since we had family in the area. Good hotel for dogs.

Room Tip: Sign up for the Best Western rewards program to get emails
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time out to share your opinions with us. I apologize for any inconvienice you may have experinced during your stay here. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis. In addition please know that your comments and issues have been addressed.

Reviewed March 19, 2011

on our way to Siesta Keys, coming from Canada, we spent a night at this hotel,

It was during the bike fest, so lots of noices, but we were expecting it, and we are no biker

good location hotel, near the 1-95

room not as clean as other BW
continental breakfast was good with lots of choices, and don,t forget it is free

coffee was good

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lily055
bwpcmanager, General Manager at EconoLodge, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2011

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comment about your recent experience at the BEST WESTERN Palm Coast. It saddens me to read that we fell short. I can assure you that we strive to maintain and excel in our standards. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis. I am glad you enjoyed the complimentary breakfast and coffee. In addition please know that your comments and issues will be addressed.
Again, thanks for taking the time and have a great day!

Reviewed November 11, 2010

I travel often and always stay at Best Westerns due to the fact the rooms are always clean and neat and the location. The first night I stayed here I had some problems and the next morning I spoke with Malinda Buchanan your general manager she went out of her way to make us very happy she change our room and location which turn out great matter of fact we now decided to stay longer We are a very crabby couple and hard to get along with she made us feel very welcome not only with our room but everything in gereral, This is the first time out of all my stays at any Best Western That I felt I needed to let the company know about an outstanding employee. She really seem to care which is rear now adays. Oh and by the way she never told me she was the gereral manager until I asked.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank lorio51958
bwpcmanager, General Manager at EconoLodge, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2010

Your feedback is very much appreciated and I can assure you that my staff and I use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again.

Again, thanks for taking the time and have a great day!