“Pleasant but needs help”

Legacy Vacation Resorts-Palm Coast
Reviewed July 6, 2013

We just stayed for a week and found these units to be big and quiet. The staff was friendly and helpful. The noise from the frogs at night was bothersome for our kids staying in the second room for the first few nights, they got used to it. We couldn't hear it at all in the master bedroom. The unit was really quiet, we never heard our neighbours at all. Our only disappointment was the cleanliness of the unit. All the dishes in the cupboard had to be re washed. Dirty dishes were put under the clean ones, some dishes even had chunks of food on them, it was not a pleasant smell. We found stuff on the floor on the side of the bed in the extra bedroom and two sinks and one bathtub dripped water all week. Overall we had a great trip and loved Palm Coast.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Stephanie C, Guest Relations Manager at Legacy Vacation Resorts-Palm Coast, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Hi Joanna,

Thank you for choosing our resort for your vacation. We know how important a quality vacation is to you and your family and we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

I am concerned with the condition you found your room in. We do pride ourselves on the cleanliness of the units so what you experienced is not the norm and it has been addressed with our staff. We hope that you will choose Legacy for future travels.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

Upon check in, I found the master bedroom to have a mountain of mildew build up on the floor by the double doors. I was immediately given another room. The floor in this room was mildew free but it did contain an unusual amount of flying bugs. Quite a bit of mosquitoes, moths, and flies. It is Florida but proper pest control would keep this under control. The shower could have been cleaned much better as well. Upon check-out, I discussed the bug issue with the manager "G" and he offered no remedy for the lack of comfort. He did state he would get pest control to check it out. I expected more for the experience that I had. I will not return to this property.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Hi Tera,

First , thank you for your feedback. We value our guests’ comments and we do not take them lightly. I apologize that you were disappointed with your stay, and specifically your unit. Although we are an older property, we do pride ourselves on the cleanliness of our hotel. I can assure you our pest control company treats the interiors and exteriors of every unit twice a month. If you had mentioned this issue during your stay and we did not resolve it , then I am truly sorry.

I hope that you accept our apology and will give Legacy Vacation Resort of Palm Coast a try again in the future.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

We came in to Palm Coast for a lacrosse tournament. We were pleasantly surprised at the roomy accommodations and all the amenities... mini-gold, nice pool and fitness center, easy check-in. Really a great stay, having the kitchen was ideal and it was centrally located, very easy access to all.

Room Tip: There was no room service, I couldn't get that off above. Nice amenity center with ping pong and...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Danielle H

Hi Danielle,

We love to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We find that guests really love our spacious accommodations with full kitchens.

Our maintenance team works diligently to make sure that our amenities are always kept clean for our guests. We're happy to read that you made good use of our pool, fitness center and mini golf.

We'd love to have you as a guest again, please keep us in mind for future vacations or tournaments!

Reviewed May 21, 2013

If you stay at resorts on a regular than I believe that you will find these accommodations to be better than most. Last year I stayed at a resort in Orlando, I had to clean it my self along with so many problem. All the resorts that I have stayed at are not 5 star hotels, so I find that the furniture was acceptable. I had no plans on stay there to entertain, however I felt that the property grounds were well keep, refreshing and welcoming. I do however wish that I had WIFI in our room instead of having to go to the office or pool hall. (working vacation for me) When I go back to this area (and I will) I will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Had a room with the lake in front of it, the sound of the water was soothing for me
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank broketravelbug
Stephanie C, Guest Relations Manager at Legacy Vacation Resorts-Palm Coast, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to send in your comments and for choosing Legacy Vacation Resort of Palm Coast for your vacation stay. We are happy you enjoyed your stay!

In regards to your comments about in room Wi-Fi, we are in the process of having it installed and will be online by the year’s end, if not sooner. We value your feedback and we hope you will choose Legacy for your future travels.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

The prime takeaways from our overnight visit after a day at TPC Saw-grass Players tourney were the swarms of bumble-bees and later (after-dark) the massive frog-belching concert that went on till well after midnight. Perhaps, the frog noises are a seasonal event - but their noises easily penetrate quite loudly into the condo, to a point where we thought this must be some sort of joke by folks partying by the pool! The lagoon that meanders around the inner circle of the property, needs some serious attention; there are many stagnate areas where green slime floats on the surface. The banks of the lagoon are eroded and in need of some landscaping mulch or stone to restore the boundaries. Wouldn't make a big deal about the lagoon feature had it not been so played up by receptionist at check-in.

The accommodations worked out fine for us, 2 adult couples. Two bedrooms, two baths, one a master suite set-up with Jacuzzi tub. Spacious floor plan for four adults to move about without feeling crowded at all. Adequately stocked full galley kitchen, good dining and living room areas with big screened in lanai type room in the back.

The place seemed pretty clean overall, including all bedding and towels. The only noticeable cleanliness issue was with a second glass sliding door behind curtain in dining room area, the outside surface appeared to be covered with dried out green slime - we kept this curtain closed.

Furniture is comfortable, nothing fancy but in good shape for lounging around. The AC unit worked fine for all rooms except bedroom 2, requiring the door be left open all night to allow cool air in.

Another let down for us was that the Golf channel or the hockey game was not available on the TV. We were looking forward to checking the tournament scores after leaving TPC earlier in the day. It always surprises us when there are over 100 channels available and about 95 are those we never watch.

Overall, this place worked out swell for a one-nighter despite the negatives mentioned above. Check-in and out were quick and easy. This "resort" is worn and dated, but reasonable and generally clean - something a lot of other places can't claim.

Room Tip: Ask about noisy frogs at night if you're a light sleeper.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Stephanie C, Guest Relations Manager at Legacy Vacation Resorts-Palm Coast, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing our resort and taking the time to give us your feedback. We hope you enjoyed the Players Championship during your stay.

In response to your concerns, one of our biggest features is the closeness to nature within which the resort lies. With that, unfortunately, comes the sound of the wildlife. The springtime draws the tree frogs, carpenter bees and woodpeckers, and the noises that they make. We have signage stating we are a wildlife habitat and it is what makes us unique.

I apologize for the lagoon, during that time we were replacing the two large motors that pump the water for the lagoon and keeps it flowing.

In regards to the channels offered, this is through the local cable company. It was not our decision to remove the Golf channel, and the hockey game was being provided on a package service we do not offer.

Thank you for your comments about the units, cleanliness and staff. We will continue to improve and we hope you will travel with us again in the future.

Best regards,

Reviewed April 1, 2013

The condos are very large, but badly need updating. The furniture was uncomfortable, the kitchen was very poorly equipped (one dish towel, come on!), and the in-unit dryer did not work at all. There were bugs in the kitchen and bathrooms, and the bathroom faucets leaked. The rates are very reasonable, which leads me to think they haven't remodeled or updated so that they can keep rates down and business coming in. The staff, I have to say, is excellent. They were very friendly and accommodating to us every time we spoke with them. The resort has a lot of potential, it just needs some TLC.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank RobinF73
Stephanie C, Guest Relations Manager at Legacy Vacation Resorts-Palm Coast, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

Dear RobinF73,

Thank you for choosing Legacy Vacation Resort of Palm Coast as your family’s destination. We appreciate and value your feedback and I apologize if your stay was not up to your expectations.

I can assure you we are continually upgrading and improving our resort. We also pride ourselves on responding and resolving issues quickly, and I hope that you had given us the opportunity to resolve those issues you mentioned during your stay.

I hope that you will consider staying with us in the future.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

Palm Cost itself is a dead place, there is nothing to do, and it's a drive to the beach. However, there are good walking/running trails and it's nice and flat, so if you are a runner that is good. The Legacy Vacation Resort is only OK. We stayed there on an RCI exchange and it's supposed to be Silver Crown. There is no way it's Silver Crown. The staff were very pleasant and helpful and the actual apartment was very spacious and the bed was comfortable and the pillows were good. According to RCI there was 1 king and 2 twin beds. This was not the case when we got there. We have a 12 year old boy and a 10 year old girl that can share a room, but not a bed. Our 12 yr old son ended up sleeping on the pull out coach in the living room. The kitchen was small, and ill equipped. The apartment was supposed to sleep 6, but there were only 4 chairs at the table and only 5 knives and maybe 6 forks and 6 plates and bowls and mugs. So we had to run the dishwasher every day as we had breakfast and luch in our apartment, so we ran out of stuff, and then they only supplied 2 packets of dishwasher powder. We asked for more and then got 2 more for a weeks stay! The internet was horrible. It kept going in and out. Unfortunately in this day and age people have jobs that require them to use the internet even on vacation. It's 2013 people.!!!How hard can it be to get an internet that works in all the rooms? That was extremely frustrating. We have stayed at tons of places through RCI where the internet was great in each apartment. There were not enough blankets if it was cold, which this week certainly was, a cold snap in FL. We were told at check in that the pool was heated to 86F. NO way. It would have been lucky to be 80F. I'm sure it was colder, making it miserable to swim. There were not enough ping pong paddles to hand out and only 2 pool cues, so without swimming there was not much to do. Our toilets were clogged and one ouf ours overflowed, so we had to call to get it fixed. The pots and pans in the kitchen were horrible and cheap and nasty. The burners on the stove were uneven, so cooking eggs in the morning was tricky. It all ran to one side. We have stayed in RCI properties that had much better kitchen equipment. What if you had friends nearby? There is no way you could have extra people eat in the apartment. Not enough equipment. There was no vacuum cleaner, only a broom, and the tiled floor had tons of stuff treaked in that a vacuum would have made short work of. The fitness center was OK, but one of the two treadmills was out of order and had to be constantly unplugged and rebooted to work. It was cold outside, so I had to run inside 2 of the days, and the treadmill situation was irritating. The whole place looked run down. Overall I was very disappointed and all those factors made me feel like I didn't really have a vacation at all. Palm Coast itself is uninspiring. As a family it was tough finding enough to do at this resort and in Palm Coast.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Cathie2011
Stephanie C, Guest Relations Manager at Legacy Vacation Resorts-Palm Coast, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

Hi Cathie2011,

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review of your stay with us at Legacy Vacation Club in Palm Coast.

I wanted to address some of the concerns that you expressed:

We apologize if slow internet caused any inconveniences during your stay. It's a new system which we have just recently installed, therefore we are still working out the kinks. This is something we hope to work out soon, however in the mean time it's working great at the pool, pavilion and lobby.

After double checking, we found that RCI simply lists our units as a 2 bedroom that sleeps six. The type of beds are not indicated; double beds are not listed anywhere on our resort page on RCI. We're sorry for this misunderstanding. As listed, we provide enough dinnerware for the maximum amount of people a unit can hold. In this case, 6. We do not supply extra for non-guests of our resort. However, we will take your comments regarding the amount of dinnerware into consideration as we continue to improve and update our resort.

We're sorry that the pool heating was not to your liking - we maintain it at 82 degrees and have not yet received complaints about this.

We already had a service company come and inspect our treadmills, however they did not find an issue.

We hope this can address some of the main concerns that you had. Again, pleased accept our sincere apologies for a less than positive vacation experience.