“Very nice!”

Cuisines: British
St. Augustine, Florida
“Very nice!”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

We've been twice and both times were very, very good. We as a transatlantic couple decided to compromise for our July 4th celebration...so we went to Shakespear's. My husband is English, and I'm American but lived in England for thirteen years. I know a great afternoon tea when I see/taste one. I can spot real clotted cream from a mile away! Shakespear's does not disappoint. Husband had the afternoon tea and I ordered a very nice, generous portion of quiche and salad. Food is authentic (they do what Brits are good at - scones, pastries, tidy little sandwiches - fortunately leaving out mushy peas and overcooked sprouts), the service was very friendly and efficient. The tearoom's decor is lovely...we will be back and wish all the best for them and the European Village restaurants/shops in general for the future.

• Visited July 2013

Sinking Spring, Pennsylvania
“Too Rigid- beware if they have no scones”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

We called at 3pm to come in at 4:30. We were warned that they were out of scones. We thought they could just substitute. They would not serve many of their teas- ie Children's tea( we were there with 9 and 6 year old) . I asked if we could just add more cookies or pastries instead of scones & still do the the Tea. I was told it is an English thing not to serve tea if there is No scones. I asked if we could do a plate of pastries ( which they had) and were told no. We did end up ordering the fondue and teas. I just think they need to be flexible when they do Not have the food in stock & the customer is Always right. They should have shown us what we could order. It almost put my 6 year old in tears. Just not worth it

• Visited April 2013
Palm Coast, Florida
“Great Experience.”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Had such a wonderful time there with a girlfriend of mine who suggested it for lunch. Wonderful atmosphere and wonderful food.

Visited September 2012
Burlington, Ontario, Canada
“Nice afternoon tea”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Nice time for tea, service was very good and friendly. My 6 yr old daughter loved the chocolate covered strawberries and the free seal salt scrub in the bathroom was definitely a highlight for her :-)

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Taraf1316
Annapolis, Maryland
“Afernoon tea”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Tea and more ..great food platter, fresh and innovative..small and intimate and excellent service with a boutique store attached

Visited January 2013