“This is just an incredible place to relax!”

Hammock Beach Resort
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Palm Coast
Reviewed September 25, 2010

We arrived late afternoon, unpacked and since it was cloudy and ready to rai n we stopped at the pool bar and our amazing experience began. The staff at the bar realized that we had just arrived and asked if we had reservations for dinner and offered to make them for us. This property is very customer focused in every detail. Dinner at Atlantic Grille overlooking the ocean was wonderful and very reasonable in our opinion. We actually were only staying one night but extended another day since we were enjoying the property so much. I have to say that I worked for Marriott 13 yrs. so my expectations are fairly high. The spa experience was wonderful. We selected a couples massage and it was one of the best. Dinner at Delfinos was wonderful, however, the dressing on the house salad is "crazy hot". We asked the waiter what was in the dressing and he mentioned crushed red pepper. Our lips were on fire! Skip the house salad and the rest of the meal was perfect. Also, their martinis are first class. We just can't say enough about what a pleasant surprise this place is. The a/c is our suite was noisy but everything else was so perfect including the ocean front view that I didn't even mind. Thank you for making our visit an extremely memorable one, and we are already planning when we can return.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank scanzilla
Write a ReviewReviews (1,599)

Reviewed September 21, 2010

We visited the Hammock Beach Resort in Palm Coast and loved it. We stayed in the Lodge. The room was beautiful, spacious and very clean. The grounds were immaculate and the staff was very friendly and helpful. There is a great pool area with a lazy river and slide. There were several restruants and bars on the property and the food, drinks and service were excellent. We are already looking forward to our next trip.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jmiskar
Reviewed August 11, 2010

Recently returned from Hammock Beach Resort. I traveled w/my husband and 5 year old daughter. We visit many resorts so I feel we are seasoned travelers with fair opinions. Hammock Beach was a very nice resort however you should know this is a "condotel" which means each unit is individually owned and then put into the rental pool if the owner chooses. Our unit was a one bedroom in the main tower, it was beautiful and extremely clean. The balcony overlooked the fountain and the pool area was off to the side, we could also see the ocean but it was quite far from our balcony. The resort was very crowed when we arrived with many families checking in. DO NOT plan on checking in before 4 pm as they will not give you a room. I had read this in other travelers reviews so made sure to arrive after 4 pm and was checked right in to our room. The pool area is great for families and children of all ages but you do need to arrive early to secure chairs. Since the pools get so crowded I feel the pool water could have been kept up better. The lazy river & pool slide were huge hits with the adults as well as the kids. The prices were in line for food and drinks as other resorts, in many cases the food & drink at the pool was less expensive that other places we have stayed. The one drawback to this place is the restaurant situation. Many people had 3 bedroom units that have full kitchens so most of them cooked their own meals. I prefer to go out every night while on vacation and the restaurants are pretty terrible as well as empty. Even if the restaurants are empty you may not get a table as they prefer you have a reservation (not sure why).
We went outside the resort for dinner but didn't find any great restaurants. TJ's fish house is terrible and overpriced (pretty much a dump). Flagler beach just south of the resort on A1A has some restaurants but all are pretty rustic and very casual (no need to dress up here) and we didn't find anything exceptional just run of the mill. There is a Publix just outside the resort so you can get whatever you need. Bring flashlights or lanters so the kids can chase crabs on the beach at night. The pool complex closes very early around 7-7:30 pm. This was surprising as most of the resorts we stay at keep the pools open until 10:00 pm or 11:00 pm for some evening swimming. There is not much nightlife here and not a whole lot to do other than the pool complex and the beach, but if this is what your after then Hammock Beach is for you. I prefer a resort that offers everything right on the property so you never need to leave, I find it much more relaxing. We did meet some great people though!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Sunnygirl023
Reviewed August 9, 2010

We spent a week at Cinnamon Beach and had a wonderful time. The condo was beautiful and spotless. Everyone had a great time.

Reviewed July 31, 2010

I stayed at this resort with a group of 9 other girlfriends. We spent a weekend here sharing 2 three bedroom suites. The accomodations are very well appointed with a nice large kitchen, perfect making meals in a group setting. The one warning is that the meals from the restaurant pool are very expensive.
The location is not so convenient as there are no nice restaurants near by, unless you drive to St. Augustine. Also the beach sand is very rough on your feet. The pools are very nice and relaxing, kids love the lazy river pool so expect lots of families.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 28, 2010

My wife, I, and two children spent two nights at Hammock Beach and one night with my brother and his family at Cinnamon Beach. We had a great time relaxing in the sun, swimming and just enjoying the resort and beach. The pool experience at Hammock Beach is as good as it gets. The property is starting to show a little age, but it is still one of the finest beachside resorts I have ever been to in the states. Great time had by all, staff was extremely helpful also. Wish we could afford to do a full week at this resort. We will return.

Reviewed July 28, 2010

I am putting this review under Hammock Beach Resort because that is where I THOUGHT we were going to be staying, but where we actually stayed was Cinnamon Beach at Ocean Hammock Club. We had stayed at Ocean Hammock Club last year, through a private rental and had a marvelous time, saw the Hammock Beach Resort and thought we would try it this year. When we booked the reservation, through the resort, we wanted an ocean view 3 BR/3BA unit under their special Beach Week Promotion (which was a very good deal at 30% off if you stayed the week) because we were taking our children and grandchildren.

We were told all the units in the main building were gone, but we could book at Cinammon Beach which was "stil on the resort grounds and an easy 5 minute walk." We were trying to avoid schlepping and parking with two children - 5 and 1.5 years old. If they had told me it was exactly the same compound we were in last year (which they knew and told us IMMEDIATELY upon check in) we would not have booked. It might have been 5 minutes BY CAR but not on foot.

The unit (which was not ready until 5 pm - check in was posted for 4 pm) had the same layout as the one we stayed at last year, but that is where the similarities ended. The stove and oven had not been cleaned and the kitchen was terribly equipped - not even a dish towel (I guess that was to encourage eating in their restaurants). The master bathroom and patio floors were dirty. Housekeeping was generally poor and over extended - which was a theme throughout our stay. It seems like many people trying to escape the oil spill from the Gulf, had flocked to Atlantic waters causing a major crowding at the resort. Good for them, but terrible for guests.

We had to fight for chairs at the pool and the beach and often it was a losing battle. Despite signs that guests could not "reserve" chairs or umbrellas (by leaving belongings or towels on them) there was no staff to oversee or enforce this leaving guests to fend for themselves. There were also no lifeguards at either location (not even at their water slide area) - very risky business to me. They also billed themselves as a "family resort" but coolers (even for baby bottles) were not allowed by the pool (again, to encourage buying of resort food and drinks - especially in 100 degree weather). There were children's activities, but almost all of them cost additonal money and the staff at these events looked bored and disinterested.

To add insult to injury, we were locked out of our room by some sort of malfunction of the door lock and it took nearly two hours to get it resolved (again, I am sure it was due to lack of sufficient staff). They were simply not equipped to handle the volume of guests they attracted this year. We will not be staying there again.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
nlindgren, Public Relations Manager at Hammock Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2010

Dear valued guest,

I am sorry to hear that your experience did not live up to our normal high standards. We do pride ourselves on a very personal and engaging service here at Hammock Beach which does not seem to have been met.

Your experience does seem so out of character for us and I deeply apologize for the inconveniences and experiences your family had as I am sure they were very frustrating, especially with a young family. We do hope in the future you will allow us to redeem our reputation with you by coming back. Should you decide to come back again, please let me know personally, so I may be able to ensure your experience is nothing short of spectacular. My email is nlindgren@resortsharedsvs.com should you change your mind.

In the meanwhile, I hope you have a wonderful remainder of the year and we do hope to see you back for the holidays!

Sincere regards,

Holiday Inn Express Palm Coast
Casa Monica Resort & Spa, Autograph Collection
Fairfield Inn & Suites Palm Coast I-95
Bayfront Marin House Historic Inn

Been to Hammock Beach Resort? Share your experiences!