“Beautiful property with great amenities and very friendly staff.”

Hammock Beach Resort
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Palm Coast
Springfield, Missouri
“Beautiful property with great amenities and very friendly staff.”
Reviewed July 18, 2011

The three bedroom suite that we were in was top notch and wonderfully furnished. The resort is the closest thing to an all inclusive that I have been to in the US. Reminded me a nice all inclusive resort in the Carribean, without any language barriers. Staff was friendly and helpful. Really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (461)
  • Korean first
  • Slovak first
Reviewed July 17, 2011

I am 16 years old and went to hammock beach with four of my friends and one of their families. While it's an amazing hotel with alot of immaculate detail, there's nothing to do for teens. They have a beach and a mini water park, thats about it. And if your somewhere for a week and the only thing to do is swim, it gets old...FAST. We decided to ask the staff if there are any programs for people our age, and there reply was "Sorry, you guys got the short stick at this resort." So basically, if you have kids under the age of 12, this resort is a perfect place for a family vacation. But if you have teens, I wouldn't waste your money here, there's MANY different resorts by beaches with things to do for the WHOLE FAMILY.

• Stayed July 2011
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed July 4, 2011

This is our family trip here for the third time we have started to come every year. I love coming here with a big group. We have stayed in the villas, villas in the condo, and main property. The plus to this hotel is the property is very well kept, the kids have something each to enjoy at the pool and the beach. I love that the property is so big and everyone has their own space you never bump into anyone its very open all the hallways. However, I stayed in the main property and turndown service never came I had called for the time estimate but I waited patiently and no one came. After I called explaining it was after the time given to me by them it was only 10 minutes late they showed up. I compared this to staying on the villas and I their turndown service was early and much more efficient. I don't kow if on the main property they have too many rooms but very slow. In fact, a couple of rooms I walked by people left their pizza boxes on the front door. I suspect no one passed by and they decided to throw their mess outside (no matter how you might feel about the service you shouldn't throw pizza boxes on the front door). Next, the linen is about time to be changed. I know having to wash sheets to get them clean is hard on the fabric but I believe it's time this hotel spent some money on new sheets and pillows. They are beige and ugly I noticed this trip and the pillows were bad. These pillows are so used that they can't keep their form. I can overlook other thing but not sheets. I iron my sheets at home and this time I couldn't overlook the conditions because they were poor. Also, if your very big into the bed your sleeping in you will not be very pleased. Overall, the sleeping conditions in the villas section are better kept just a little walk away from the main property. In the end, I have kids and if you have them from toddlers to teens they will enjoy the hotel beacuase of the pool and beach. In addition, I am able to cook for them and bring their cousins along. I can't take away that the hotel has an amazing facility because its secluded, well kept property, spacious rooms even the one bedroom. Overall, I had a great time and there were more positives that my family would come back and I recommend. If your on a budget they have great prices and worthcoming if you have a big group the 3 bedrooms are worth it.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Fort Myers, FL
Reviewed July 3, 2011

This is our second visit over the July 4th weekend and once again they surpassed our expectations. The minute you arrive you know that you are definitely in for a wonderful experience. Their attention to detail is amazing, and the staff couldn't be more attentive. Everyone that we encountered went out of their way to greet us and really helped to make our visit an excellent one. Someone mentioned in their review about the fact that gratuity is included and perhaps this was why they received subpar service. I couldn't find fault with one employee that we meet up with. Even in the elevator a bellman went out of his way to ask how our visit was. This place has it all over so many others that we have stayed at. Already booked for next year and we can't wait!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed June 30, 2011

The Hammock Beach Resort was very nice. Our family stayed there several days in a larger suite and had a great time. No real deal-breaker issues whatsoever.

+ Landscaping was amazing ... absolutely amazing. Beaurtiful.
+ Golf course ... awesome. We saw an alligator in the sand/water trap on #4 or #5
+ Staff; extremely friendly ... always had something nice to say; genuinely friendly.
+ Pools; always busy and well-maintained. The huge hot-water spa was great.
+ Location; not overly busy at all. Secluded almost at times.
+ Beach; clean, great waves from the Atlantic; short walk through gorgeous grounds.
+ Putting greens; right next to the resort. Fun change of pace. Amazingly manicured.
+ Service; always someone waiting at the right place with a towel, etc etc

- Minor cosmetic upkeep items. Scuffs on walls, one PC in business center wouldn't print, minor insect problem in our suite, maybe from a previous stay leaving a window/door open. Some tiles missing from driveway area. Tile in our bathroom toilet area didn't match up to to the wall. I'm picky though and notice such things.
- Some things close too early. Would be nice to have the putting green and spa pool stay open later, especially when it rains earlier in the day.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank 80sTiger
Pound Ridge, New York
Reviewed June 29, 2011

Great Resort, One of the best I have stayed with my family, Rooms are outstanding and a great value. Recreation is fantastic, awesome water park pool lazy river kids pool, adult pool, great mini golf and perfect real golf...Staff is fantastic and place is clean clean clean...did not give it 5 stars since I am a vegetarian and not options on the menus, but my meat eating family loved the offerings.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Reviewed June 28, 2011

First let me start off saying.....What a beautiful resort. I was there for a wedding on June 25th. I would totally recommend this as a wedding destination, conference or vacation with or without children. I want to give Kudos to the following....The event coordinator Keith, Our wait staff on the Sun dancer, housekeeping and most of all the Beach Guys!! The wedding was wonderful even though it rained during the ceremony. They had a choice to relocate the ceremony to the Sundancer, but chose not too, and WHAT a great idea! The guest surrounded the bride and groom under the pavilion and the ceremony was very sweet and intimate. The reception on the Sundancer was wonderful including the food and atmosphere as we sailed the intercoastal was fabulous. What I loved about Hammock Beach was the friendly atmosphere, the helpfulness of the staff and that it was very kid friendly. I don’t have young children but I was able to watch the staff coordinate activities for the kids in and out of the pool. Now the pool, that was another thumbs up. You had a choice of many pools to relax at. The lazy river was an added bonus. The beach service was unbelievable. Those guys work so hard getting chairs and umbrellas set up and taken down. When the tide was moving in it was their job to move everyone's chairs, umbrellas and belongings to keep from getting wet. Wait staff came and took food and drink orders both at the beach and the pool, which was very convenient. I would also like to say the accommodations were wonderful. My friends and I stayed in a Villa and it was beautifully decorated and impeccably kept. I was able to be in a couple of suites and rooms as part of the wedding festivities and they also were great! If you have a chance to come to this resort you won’t be disappointed. I do have two minor negatives. The first I wasn’t prepared for a cash-free resort. Either you had to use a debit/credit card for each purchase(s) or charge it to your room and pay for it at the end with credit or debit. This would be fine if I knew. The second negative I have is.......I WASNT THEIR LONG ENOUGH!!!!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Ascend Collection Castillo Real
Ascend Collection Castillo Real
#3 of 10 in Saint Augustine Beach
Holiday Inn Express Palm Coast

Been to Hammock Beach Resort? Share your experiences!