“Lack of service was shocking!” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hammock Beach Resort

Hammock Beach Resort
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Palm Coast
Orlando, Florida
“Lack of service was shocking!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2011

I stayed at this property for a quick weekend getaway. In researching my trip, I thought that a property as beautiful as this one would have service standards to match. Wow, was I mistaken. We had issues with our luggage making it to our room and had to call 3 times and waited 2 hours for it to finally arrive. I am not sure if the lack of service is due to the fact that the property has a "no cash tipping" policy and therefore the gratuity is built into the total on all food and beverage, valet, etc. I'm not sure what the incentive is for the staff to deliver great service since they are guaranteed a gratuity even if the service is not up to par. My expectation for a 4.0 star property is service at a much higher level than what I recieved during my stay. On a positive note, very family friendly and the resort is absolutely gorgeous....just don't expect great service!

1 Thank abragl

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (413)
  • Korean first
  • Slovak first
Port Orange,fl
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2011

My finance & I arranged an oceanview room for his parents to stay one night to celebrate their 45th anniversary. This was a surprise for them so the reservations were completed in my name. We planned to take our 2 kids & celebrate father's day at the hotel with them during the afternoon & then give them "alone" time for that night & the next morning. The room was not cheap, but we figured we could enjoy the hotel amenities with them during the day & it would be worth the money.

When we all went to the pools/lazy river that afternoon around 3p, we were told that because the room we booked was only for 4 people, we would have to pay 25$ per person for the other 2 people in our party. I tried to explain the situation to the recreation manager, but she was unrelenting about us spending an additional 50$ for the 2 other people in our party to even ENTER the pool grounds. I was so angry! Grandpa was not even in his swimsuit & did not want to participate in any water activity, he simply wanted to watch us & spend time with his family. I, personally only planned to go around the lazy river a couple of times & then join him at a table. The manager had the nerve to equate their water facilities to a major waterpark & that this was cheaper! We were only planning on staying until 5p(which due to rain we left at 4:45p)! I nicely attempted to reason with this woman, but my fiance just said to pay it so we could get on with our day. Basically, we paid 274$ for a room & then an additional 50$ to use the pool area as a family for an hour & a half. The hotel was nice & the water area was OK, but hardly a "water park" & I resent the amount of money I was asked to pay to spend a couple of relaxing hrs "celebrating" with my in-laws. I won't return to this hotel. In the future, I will go to Orlando where I can get the same type of luxury without the steep price tag.

4 Thank dgren697po
JasonKern, Director of Sales at Hammock Beach Resort, responded to this review, June 21, 2011
Thank you for visiting Hammock Beach and purchasing the stay for your parents special occasion. I do apologize that you felt that you were overcharged for access to our amenities when the max guest count for the unit was exceeded. Our Resort/Club amenities are designed and have capacity for registered Hammock Beach guests and Club members only. The $25 charge per additional guest is to discourage additional guests on the pool deck and amenities and not meant to be an important revenue stream for the resort. We truly are trying to protect paying customers, like yourself, from having to fight over chairs with unregistered guests. We hope you'll reconsider and come back to enjoy our incredible amenities another time.

Jason Kern
Director of Sales and Marketing
Winston Salem, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2011

What a terrific experience. Hammock Beach Resort had everything our family was looking for...beach, several pools, top-tier golf, spacious rooms and most impressive of all; the service. Everyone we encountered was genuinely friendly, helpful and professional. The cashless approach made the experience even more pleasant. The room key was all you needed to take with you. And when you did try to tip extra, the staff graciously turned it down. A well run resort. And a great value to boot. I would gladly pay double for the type of service we received.

Room Tip: Ask for the Main Tower over the Oceon Towers
2 Thank bigefish
Clarksburg Maryland, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2011

This resort is very nice, conveinent that the restaurants are right on property no need to go out or you can also pick up groceries at the nearby grocery store to bring back to your room, fully functioning kitchen too.
If you do go out there are not many restaurant options anyway.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
      Location
      Rooms
Buford, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2011

With 7 pools, 2 fantastic golf courses including the ocean front course, and tons of activities for families, youcant beat the Hammock Beach resort. The staff is top notch and the property is in pristine condition.

• Stayed April 2011
      Location
      Rooms
3 Thank randynovak
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2011

At this point, my family has frequented Hammock Beach resort twelve times in 3 years! Obviously we love it here and we have stayed in the main resort towers, Cinnamon beach condos and most recently in the lodge with direct oceanfront rooms. Even though the lodge rooms do not have kitchen facilities, they are our favorites rooms to date.

The staff, the amenities and the food continue to exceed our expectations, but the beach is the best! We always see something amazing like a school of hundreds of dolphins surfacing or shallow pools filled with dozens of living starfish!

What a fun, relaxing and beautiful place.

Room Tip: AAA gets you a better price than Florida resident
2 Thank HungryforGoodFood
Crystal Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2011

We visited the Hammock Beach Resort over Memorial day weekend. The service was excellent. Everyone from the valet, the maid and the swimming pool and spa attendants were helpful and accomodating. The room was very nice with a great view. The grounds and facilities were all impeccably kept. The only recommendation that I would have is that the pool areas were extremely crowded and did not have enough chairs. Also, the adult pool should really be for adults. There were numerous children and babies in the adult pool and I would have preferred a quieter enviornment.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
La Fiesta Ocean Inn & Suites
#1 of 10 in Saint Augustine Beach
Fairfield Inn & Suites Palm Coast I-95
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Palm Coast

Been to Hammock Beach Resort? Share your experiences!