“Beware of room location”

Hammock Beach Resort
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Palm Coast
Reviewed April 19, 2011

The resort is beautiful and the staff was always extremely friendly. Before going we had read that the restaurants were not worth it so for the seven nights we always ate off premises. Our room was beautiful and maintained each day by housekeeping. The problem was the location. We had a 3 bedroom suite in the main tower with beach view but were directly over the restaurant/bar. There is outside seating which anyone has access to also. The place books a lot of weddings and other affairs so you are dealing with people who are drinking a lot and partying late into the night. As a result of this we had 4 nights of people in the restaurant or outside being really loud and two of these had music so loud that our walls were vibrating. I thought I had booked a week in a lovely oceanfront resort but felt like I was sleeping over a cheap bar. Finally when everything quieted down at 1:30 a.m. you can hear the rearranging of the furniture in the restaurant for the next half hour. I am not saying don't go just be very careful of where they locate you and that the suite has the beds in it that you requested (that was wrong for us also)

Room Tip: Don't take room near restaurant/bar
Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
5  Thank Tyler1950
Write a ReviewReviews (1,592)

Reviewed April 18, 2011

1. Palm Coast is beautiful. The beach is unique with the course shell sand. View from hotel is excellent.
2. Room was very nice. We stayed in 1BR in the main building.
3. Gym, pools, miniature golf and spa are all excellent. A couple of caveats, the lazy river is a frozen tundra this time of year ars it is not heated and no one uses it. The slide doesn't open until 10a so use before checkout is almost impossible. The slide is great if you get to use it. The grounds are excellent and well-kept.
4. The service just was off. Excuses like we have a full house were common. Attempted late checkout with a valid reason and was told that they had too arrivals. I agreed but wasn't pleased. I then requested bell service for the checkout and had to wait 45 min which was longer than I had requested for late checkout.

The facilities allow the 4 star rating . . .the service has a lot to be desired.

• Stayed: April 2011
1  Thank BelleReviewer
Reviewed April 17, 2011

We stayed here for 4 days after 1 week in Orlando. This is a first class beautiful resort. Our beach view suite was beautiful and comfortable. The pools, beach, golf course and amenities are great. The pool deck ares can get a little crowded, but the beach is almost empty and beautiful. We will plan on staying here again!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank terry919
Reviewed April 16, 2011

From the moment I drove through the gates of the Hammock Beach I knew this was going to be an amazing vacation. Even though my 3 bedroom unit was at the Yacht Harbor, about a 5 minute drive from the main complex, the entire vacation experience from start to finish was all about class, luxury and customer service!

My 3 bedroom unit; unit 262, was huge and well, although sparsely, decorated. My kitchen was fully stocked with dishes, pots and pans, and a coffee maker. You do need to buy coffee maker filters & laundry detergent at the supermarket, but do not need to buy dishwasher detergent.

My unit was almost 2,000 square feet and had a large kitchen, a breakfast nook, a dining room, a living room and3 bedrooms. My 3 bedrooms consisted of one king, one queen, and one two double bed bedroom. My balcony spanned the entire unit and looked out on the side of the pool area. All units look over the pool and inter-coastal. Each bathroom was well decorated (the master had double sinks) and there was plenty of closets and drawers for all of your things. Finally, there were 4 flat panel TVs in the unit.

I was initially concerned about being off the main campus but fell in love with the Yacht Harbor due to its views of the inter-coastal and the pool and grounds surrounding the complex. It was so nice, after a day spent at the main pool complex, to come back to the quiet luxury of the Yacht Harbor pool. My initial concern about transportation to and from the main property was eliminated the first day when my wife and kids called the shuttle. They used the shuttle 3 times during the trip and waited no more than 10 minutes each time.

We spent most of our days at the main pool complex. I have NEVER been to a pool complex this large and this amazing for both kids and adults. It truly had everything for which you could ask: a zero entry kids pool with waterfalls and a lazy river on the first level of the complex; an adult U shaped pool along with a huge hot tub and restaurant/bar on the second level; a 3 STORY slide that empties out in the kids pool; and finally a zero entry beach pool for smaller kids. Further the food at the pool was pretty good (loved the salads) and the drinks were well made (and strong). Needless to say, my family was never bored, thirsty nor hungry while hanging at the pool complex. Yes, we needed to present our room keys each time we entered the pool complex and we did had to wear a bracelet, but never did I feel this was a nuisance.

Now onto the beach. One word - WOW! It is a short walk from the main pool complex. It was clean, well kept (no trash no rocks…) and stocked with enough chairs and umbrellas. One word of advice, if the resort is full, try to get to the beach early to reserve your chairs. What I loved about the water was how subtly the sand sloped from the beach into the ocean. On low tide you could walk almost 25 yards into the Ocean without it being above your waist.

As far as the restaurants are concerned, we ate at every restaurant on property. We are from Northern NJ and are Italian food snobs. With that said we loved Delfinos. We also loved the Sushi bar and found the food to be extremely fresh and amazingly well prepared. However, the Sushi bar is very small and only has about enough room for about 30 or so patrons at a time. The Atlantic Grill is also an amazing place to dine, however I think it is better suited to the Rich and Famous rather than a family with younger kids.

One final note, we did take the brunch cruise on Sunday and found this experience one well worth recommendation.

In summation, this resort is so worth the cost and the time it takes to drive from wherever you fly into. It is not as much “out-of-the-way” as you may think and is only 15 minutes from Flagler (eat at the Golden Lion!) and 40 minutes from St. Augustine (you must spend at least one day in St. Augustine; my kids loved this place). If you want some recommendations on where to eat off-campus, please send me a note.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank jrman66
Reviewed March 25, 2011

My husband and I stayed at this resort a few weeks back and had a great time! The service was absolutely fantastic and the view from our room at the lodge was gorgeous. What a peaceful place! I also appreciated the cash free atmosphere and the mandatory service charge - a big thank you to this hotel for not adding an additional line for discretionary gratuity!

I can't rate this hotel 5 stars because I think they have a bit of updating to do. It looks like the bathrooms were recently updated but I think the rooms themselves need a makeover. I also noticed a few other things that looked a bit outdated in the indoor pool. Nothing major. My other complaint was the check-in process. I think the idea behind it is great (you drive up, they park your car while you check in...) but that wasn't exactly what happened! It was more of a mad house. If you are staying in the lodge just go ahead and park in the back parking lot right next to the lodge (don't even go through the gate) and just walk through the complex to the front desk. It certainly would have saved us some time! Also, we reserved a king bed the night before and we were put in a room with two queens. When I tried to switch rooms I was told that the bed type was just your preference if you booked a lodge room, not what you would actually receive. I was okay with it but it may make a difference to some guests.

Other than that, great stay and we will be back again!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bellson88
Reviewed March 22, 2011

We went on march break , the rooms, pools and beach were all first class, best I have ever stayed in. But we asked before we booked is there lots for teens,as we had 4 teenagers with us. They told me there was surfing, bbqs on beach ,games, teen night etc, well none of that was true they had one foolsball table and 2 table tennis tables . We asked about teen night they said noboddy signed up for it , we didnt know we had to sign up. We took our teens to the pool at 9 pm and hot tub and were told to leave by security,as they close at sunset. It really is for couples or smaller kids. Still we had fun in daytime, great resort just not for anyone over 16 or 17 to do.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank celsk
Reviewed March 14, 2011

This place is very tasteful and the accommodations are really tasty. Granite counters, great beds, attractive furnishings, well kept, spotlessly clean. It had everything my tennis team needed. The pool complex is pretty great, with two heated pools, the water slide and one of the biggest jacuzzis I've ever seen. Two small issues. Hammock Beach doesn't seem very focused on the beach and our condos were pretty far away, though we had a distant ocean view. And the rates for court time were appalling. When we went to practice for our tournament at the Marina courts, they actually wanted $20 per person. With 4 of us, that's $80 for 1.5 hours of tennis on one court. Insanity. The pro thought so, too, so he only charged us $40. Still too much. In winter in downtown Chicago on an indoor court, we used to pay $32 an hour. $80 is nothing less than RIDICULOUS.

But aside from that, this is a really great place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2011
The Cove on Ormond Beach
The Cove on Ormond Beach
#5 of 29 in Ormond Beach
Fairfield Inn & Suites Palm Coast I-95

Been to Hammock Beach Resort? Share your experiences!