“Nice hotel, but had an issue with door locks”

Holiday Inn Express Palm Coast
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Palm Coast
Reviewed May 14, 2014

I had difficultly locating the hotel from the main road, missed seeing the small entrance sign and had to turn around. When I checked in on 05/13/14 the clerk was extremely friendly and polite and the hotel looked very clean and inviting. The rooms were very clean and maintained. We had a problem with the door not locking in the first room and called the desk clerk for assistance. She came up to our floor and provided a room that had properly functioning door locks which was next to my original room. It appeared that she was the only one on staff working at the time, which surprised me that she was by herself. We also had some issues with the door lock in the new room, but was finally able to get the door open without additional assistance. Other than the maintenance issue and only one employee working at the hotel during the evening shift, the hotel was excellent.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
GMPalmCoast, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Palm Coast, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2014

Thank you for your stay, and we really appreciate your review. We do want to hear the bad as well as the good so that we can constantly improve. We also want to apologize for the inconvenience with your door locks. We are working to fix them and unfortunately, you had a bad one. It does sound like Lisa was able to assist you and she does a wonderful job in the evenings.
We hope to see you soon again soon ! Joyce PAlm

Reviewed May 12, 2014

Beautiful, very comfortable room, and excellent breakfast. Also within a very short walk of a supermarket and several restaurants, which was important to us, as we were carless, having flown our small plane into the nearby Flagler Airport and gotten a ride from the airport staff. Unlike DavidK, we had zero problems with the interconnection, and, believe me, we rely heavily on it. The best part was Melinda at the front desk, who I dealt with both on the phone and in person at check-in and check-out. She was helpful, efficient, friendly, and delightfully cheerful. We travel extensively, and Melinda could give lessons to a lot of customer service people we come across. Wish they were all like her.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for the amazing comments about the Holiday Inn Express and especially about our wonderful Melinda. Guest service is our driving force and we are extremely happy to receive reviews like this!!! I will be sure to share your feedback with Melinda. Thank you for your recommendation of the hotel and look forward to seeing you again soon.
Joyce Palm

Reviewed April 21, 2014

Pulled up to the hotel late Saturday night, too tired to continue drive to Jacksonville. Was quickly and pleasantly taken care on nice young lady on duty. For $90/night with AAA it was a good deal. Room wave fine, very clean; breakfast (we took it to go as we were headed to the airport) was fine for such a hotel and the attendant was very helpful (BTW, I think all hotels should have a tip jar for breakfast room attendants. They obviously don't make much and they really work hard and early to make guests' breakfasts.

One negative -- Smoking rooms. Smelled in the hallway as we were going to our room. Get rid of the smoking rooms, as many hotels have done. If they can't smoke in a hotel, that's to the benefit of all, especially the would-be smoker.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank richardNewYork
GMPalmCoast, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Palm Coast, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2014

Thank you for your stay, and we really appreciate your review. We do want to hear the bad as well as the good so that we can constantly improve. I apologize for the smoke smell that you encountered , it usually is not that bad and we work very hard to eliminate it all together.
We hope to see you the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed April 20, 2014

I recently stayed at this location when traveling for work, I must say I was highly impressed and happy with the service I received. Lisa the front desk clerk had a phenomenal way of making you feel so welcomed almost as if you where staying at her house. It was so refreshing from other
experiences I've had at other hotels including hotels I've stayed at in Palm Coast.

Room Tip: I was going to be there for a week and they placed me on the 3rd floor which gave me time to relax f...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us here at the Holiday Inn Express and found our rooms to be clean and our team members to be helpful and polite. Thank you for taking the time to put your review of our hotel on Trip Advisor. Lisa is just one of our great associates that help to make us the nicest hotel in Palm Coast. We hope to see you again next time you are in our area.

Reviewed March 29, 2014

Nice rooms which are up to the HI Express standard. Wifi internet access from the rooms is appallingly poor. I tried several internet speed tests on my laptop and my smartphone and the best I got was 22k which is slower than dialup. Stay elsewhere if you want to use the internet.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere if you want to use the internet.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
GMPalmCoast, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Palm Coast, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write a review. I would like to apologize for the issues that you had with the Internet speed during your recent stay. We are in the process of upgrading the Internet so that we won't have this sort of issue in the future. Please give me a call if you would like to discuss this further. 386-439-3939

Reviewed March 17, 2014

We just returned from an 8 day trip to the Daytona Beach area for Bike Week. We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Palm Coast (our first visit to this Property). The room was clean with plenty of counter/desk space. The bathroom and shower were like new...spotless. The staff were all extremely professional...very friendly. And the breakfast was excellant. We willdefinitely be back again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for staying with us and writing such a great review! I am so glad to hear that you had a wonderful stay at our newly renovated hotel. We are very excited about all the upgrades to the hotel. Hurry back! We can't wait to see you again!

Reviewed March 6, 2014

We were traveling on the road late Friday, 2/28/14 with our very small dog. Had a hard time finding a room. We were calling and stopping all over Daytona and kept heading south to our destination, and it`s getting later and later. There were rooms, but one hotel wanted $75.00 non-refundable pet deposit! Then we called the Holiday Inn in Palm Coast. Johnny was on and we are so glad. He was very courteous on phone. He made all the difference. He was very welcoming when we arrived and also very busy with other late check ins. The Holiday Inn in Palm Coast, Fl was very clean! The room was great! Comfortable, clean, tidy. Very nice bathroom. Beautiful beds. We were very happy! Thank you Johnny, for making us feel welcome.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
HIExpressPalmCoast, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Palm Coast, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

I are so glad you were able to stay with us. Johnny is a key member of our team and I will be sure to share you words with him!! Don't forget to start with us next time!! Save the driving all over Daytona, we are just a short drive and newly renovated as you saw!!