“Great place to stop over & hit the beach”

Holiday Inn Express Palm Coast
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Palm Coast
Reviewed April 28, 2012

Good welcome upon arrival & the room was spacious & clean. The whole property was in good order & decided to try the pool which was in excellent condition although you are adjacent to the Interstate but does not effect the rooms at all.
Easy drive down to Flagler Beach to get a walk & dinner & breakfast, as most HI express, very good.
Good stopover or base depending on your needs.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank HantsPhil
HIExpressPalmCoast, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Palm Coast, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2012

From our team here we would like to thank you for your review. We all agree that a good dip in the pool is a great way to relieve some of that travel stress. It is also good you took the time visit beautiful Flagler Beach while you were here as well. The beach here is still a hidden gem and a great place for surfing, playing or just a walk. We hope to see you again sometime soon on your travels.

Reviewed April 6, 2012

we stayed here for two nites, it pretty much like all the other h-inn express price is not bad rooms a decent nothing over the top good for short stay this location is right near i95 you will here the traffic most of the time, i recommend getin a room at the farther end of the hotel opposite of i95 highwy, they serve breakfast from 6am-930 which is pretty standard for these places nothing special but it is a little bit to get you goin for the day ahead. the pool was clean but they are in need of newer pool side chairs and tables, they run these places with limited staff and it hurts there operation. again as in my other reviews of h-inn exp they need to step it up a notch!!

Room Tip: suite is a little more its wort it...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 26, 2012

Disgusting room. Moldy shower-head. Smelly room. No remote to the TV. Old junky TV sounds only surpassed by the incredibly loud AC unit. Ice machine that didn't produce enough ice to even fill half the ice bucket. Odd bulky security cameras every few feet coupled with several signs about theft and parking at your own risk did not leave me feeling I was in a safe hotel. We only stayed there because we left the Hampton Inn next door due to bed bugs. This low quality room cost more than the much nicer Hampton Inn, and left us debating begging to go back to the Hampton Inn, despite bed bugs. However, it was the final night of our trip and we just decided to tough it out. Oh, and did I mention the ants? Lots of ants.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
HIExpressPalmCoast, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Palm Coast, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2012

Let me start by apologizing for your less than adequate experience you had with our property. We strive to make every guest's stay as positive an experience as possible. We need all types of feedback both positive and negative so I thank you for your candid remarks. I will be sure to share your feedback with all members of my staff and we will address the issues you had with your specific room immediately. I hope that you might be willing to give us a second chance if you ever pass through Palm Coast again. If you do please feel free to contact me directly for your reservation.

Reviewed January 24, 2012

I stayed here because those cute little booklets you get at the "Welcome to Florida" centers had a coupon for about $25 off at this hotel. I would have had better luck had I simply slept in my car at that hospitality center!

It was late when we checked in after a long drive on I-95. Hubby had already fallen asleep so I decided to take a shower. First mistake. The scent of mildew was horrid in the bathroom. Mildew surrounding the shower soap dish should have been my first clue. Second was the mildew and mold on the side of the shower wall. Faulty shower rod allowed water to spray on the wall and continue to keep wet. I kept the door closed throughout the night only to be greeted by that moldy smell in the morning.

Manager offered to move me to another room in the morning but since we were only going to stay one night that was a moot point. I do NOT recommend this hotel until their housekeeping skills become far better than they are. One would only have had to stand in the bathroom to know this was not acceptable and UN-inhabitable.

Stay at the Hilton Garden Inn in Palm Coast instead. That's where we went after this HI fiasco. It's worth every penny and the staff are the best. Say hi to Jay and Tom. And the food's great too!

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere!
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank Sophie_Houston

Again I would like to extend my apologies for your negative experience. By reading your post I see we spoke during your stay and I am sorry that our offer to move your room was not satisfactory. I have passed on your comments to the staff and we are using them along with other feedback to revamp our policies and procedures to hopefully prevent anyone else from having such a negative experience. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed January 18, 2012

Lisa who checked us in was a delight! She took the time to fill us in about the area and patiently let us ask numerous questions. She also supplied us with a most excellent dinner recommendation.

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank funnyfeet2

Thanks for taking the time to recognize one of our staff members. Our team here loves the positive feedback and I will ensure Lisa sees your positive comments.

Reviewed January 4, 2012

High speed internet wasn't, clerk claims too many devices connected.
Checked at 3 am still awfully slow.
No welcome pack as priority club member
Breakfast attendant was very with it, eggs burned, items empty.
First time I've seen a tip jar too!
Exit door by our room REALLY BANGED every time it shut.

Room Tip: Not near the exit door
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 26, 2011

we always stay at holiday inn express they are very courtious to us jennifer young was the most nicest person we have experiance with the other staff members are very nice the rooms are very clean always have a pleasant stay when we are there thank you elizabeth johns

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
HIExpressPalmCoast, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Palm Coast, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2011

Thank you for your positive feedback! Our team strives to excel with every guest and we love to hear it when it works. I will make sure to pass your comments on to Jennifer and we look forward to your future visits if you should ever get back this way.