“Ice machine on second floor has slime in it and the...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Palm Coast

Days Inn Palm Coast
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Palm Coast
East Palatka
“Ice machine on second floor has slime in it and the...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Ice machine on second floor has slime in it and the elevator on the second floor smell with a awful odor and need cleaning. And the staff was standing around out front of the hotel smoking and if you are a nonsmoker it is rude to have to walk through smoke....

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

1 Thank Linda A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Tallahassee, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

First off, the moment you enter the main lobby, you are met with what smells like a smokers emporium! The entire lobby reeked of cigarette smoke odor. I had to ask if this was a non-smoking establishment and the girl said it was. I complained about the cigarette smoke odor and she said she didn't smell it..Unbelievable!!! As we went to our room, #201, the hallway reeked of cigarette smoke as well. Turns out that just below us at the end of the hall is where all of the employees and other guests go to smoke and it enters the 2nd floor through what is suppossed to be a fresh air vent....Ha! Some kind of fresh air that was....NOT!!! I complained to the front desk girl to no avail. Upon entering the room, #201, it looked like all that had been done was the beds were made and not much else. There was food and garbage on the floor from the previous occupants. I called the front desk and asked for houskeeping to come clean the room but was told they were gone for the day. I then asked for another room, she said none available, they were full. I asked for cleaning supplies and a vaccuum so I could clean the room and she said she didn't have access to any of that. Totally frustrated I called all of the other hotels in the area only to learn they were all full due to a huge sports tournament in town that weekend. Frustrated and tired, we decided to sleep there. As my son and I got in our separate beds, we both found black or dark brown hairs in our beds, both short and long!!! Had they even changed the sheets???? That night I slept sitting up in a chair, my son slept on his own pillow fully clothed on just the mattress pad. The next morning I complained vehemently to the front desk clerk demanding a different room. Again, sorry, we're full. I insisted that the room be cleaned properly, new bed linens, everything and I wanted it inspected by the hotel manager upon completion. The girl said she would pass my message along. Then we went into the breakfast area for the "buffet"....Ha! It was anything that came in a box they could open and put out. Nutri-Grain Bars, Pop-Tarts, Stale Cereal, Warm Milk and Cold Coffee!!! Good Grief!!! My Son and I went over to Bob Evans and got a real breakfast. I will never again stay at this property and you should think twice before you do!

Room Tip: Don't get a room on the West end where all the employees and smoking guests gather to smoke, esp...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank dupreeg

Travelers are raving about these Palm Coast hotels

Ruskin, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We were very pleased in every way with our stay here. The room was clean and inviting, and the bed very comfortable. We were in an accessible room that was totally accommodating for my partner, with a roomy roll-in shower. We will absolutely stay here again when we come back!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Penfield
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I was upset that I did not receive Trip Reward points for this visit that is my only comment the room was ok..altho not close enough to the front door for a handicapped person..thanks..hope I have enough words to qualify.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family