WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Hilton Garden Inn Palm Coast

Hilton Garden Inn Palm Coast
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Palm Coast
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Great Location, Great Rates!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

We recently took a trip to the Flagler Beach/Palm Coast area. It was the week before Biketoberfest, needless to say rooms were hard to find and the rates were inflated for the event. After being turned away from a couple of hotels, we found the HGI. I inquired about rates and they did tell me that they were high due to the Bike event. I explained to the desk clerk that we weren't here for the event and that I was a Gov Employee. After some talking we realized that we had a few other organizations in common. We ended up getting a rate of $77 per night! The service was outstanding! I will be sure to stay here the next time I am in the area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Orlando, FL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012 via mobile

The staff iis very friendly. The pool area is very nice. Everything is clean and nicely organized. They take the extramile to make you feel welcome. I would definitely stay there again. It is close to St Augustine and far from the traffic and noise.

• Stayed September 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Port Orange, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

2 day stay for a sales seminar. Meeting rooms were perfect. Staff was extreamly attentive and friendly. Rooms and common areas were immaculate and very well appointed. Happy hour has live music at the bar.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Golfhunter
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012

I love this location and have stayed multiple times. They are always friendly and easy to work with. The hotel is super clean, and the location is great! I always slip over to Flagler Beach for a walk. The area is safe and there are restaurants nearby with shopping for everything you need. It's one of my favorite HGI's.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank SuthnBelle1975
Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

While I have never stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn in Palm Coast, I have dined there on numerous occasions, generally for business and banquets related to business.
The food, although attractively arranged on the plate, is often under-cooked or simply cold from laying about the kitchen. In short, my colleagues and I have never had a good meal here.
Our company no longer uses the facilities as much as in the past.
Bar experience leaves much to be desired. I ordered a Tanqueray and tonic once and to my astonishment, the barkeep snidely said, "That'll be $11.00." Understandably, this was my only cocktail of the evening.
I hope the rooms are great. The restaurant and bar are far from it.

Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank D-Day04
DABTC, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Palm Coast, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts about your recent visit to us here at the Hilton Garden Inn's Pavillion Lounge. I understand that sometimes we can experience sticker shock on the daily items we purchase and I apologize that you found this to be true for your Tanqueray and tonic. The $11.00 price you were charged was for the ordered double portion "top shelf" brand gin and tonic. Again, thank you for your comment.
Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012

This is the 2nd time our family has stayed at this hotel--the last time was summer 2010. We love the Palm Coast/Flagler beach because my sons love the surf--and this area of Florida's beaches are mostly quiet and not at all "touristy". You're literally a 5 minute drive from the beautiful beaches of Flagler, 72 miles from Orlando, and 30 miles from lovely St. Augustine. The hotel was very quiet, newer--we got a suite with a separate bedroom for my husband and I and a huge living area with a pull-out couch for the boys. My husband got the package with breakfast included for the whole week, which was always yummy--lots of continental choices, and also a hot breakfast with all the trimmings. Every staff person we encountered--from the maids, to the wait staff in the hotel restaurant, to the hotel managers was so polite and kind to us! We will NEVER stay anywhere else while in Florida!

Room Tip: The breakfast-included deal is the best! Eat a huge breakfast at 9am, skip lunch, and then head out...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank artist62
Poughkeepsie, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2012

Did not plan to stop until we hit the tail end of Tropical Storm Debby.....she packed a punch on our drive through Jacksonville on I95.....exhausted from a full day of driving and white knuckle stint in FL, we found this wonderful HGI....very clean, comfortable beds. Front desk was very helpful and accomodating. Got there after all restaurant options were closed for the night. The Pantry had a good selection to satisfy the hunger until morning. Very clean Panera Bread in same parking lot which helped with breakfast.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family