“Finest Dining in Palm City & Stuart”

Ristorante Claretta
Ranked #4 of 43 Restaurants in Palm City
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Fine Dining Northern Italian Restaurant Family Owner And Operated
Palm City, Florida
“Finest Dining in Palm City & Stuart”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

For years now, this restaurant has maintained it's extremely high quality of food, wine and service - all presented with a passionate personal touch and warmth that could only come from a dedicated, family-owned and operated business. It's so charming to see all of the personal photos from Italy of the family and region of Italy. When guests come to town or we have a special occasion, this is the only place we would ever consider taking them. When President Obama visited Palm city earlier this year, everyone said if he goes out to dine anywhere, it will be Claretta's! We're grateful to have them in town and hopefully for many more years.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Mary Louise M

Vero Beach, Florida
“Best Italian in Florida”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

This a small family-owned restaurant and serving the very best of Italian cuisine, with emphasis on northern Italy, although they always have wonderful fish and seafood, in addition to high quality meats and pasta.

The wine list is excellent, specializing as it should with Italian wines from different regions of Italy, although they have a prejudice to Piedmonte and also Tuscany.

The key positions are Christina at the door and taking orders, Francisco is a great chef, and of course, Claretta watches over everything. They have an excellent staff of servers, including several who have been there for many years.

We have been there over 25 times, over several years, and it is always excellent. I have been accompanied by children, grandchildren, dear wife, business associates and now my new love. This restaurant accommodates all types of dining get togethers and handles them all so well.

Simply, this is a truly great restaurant.

• Visited September 2013
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Ristorante Claretta”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

My wife and I have been eating at Ristorante Claretta for several years starting at their location on Martin Downs Blvd. We find the menu extensive with an excellent wine list.
On visit this weekend, we shared the ravioli with butternut squash which was wonderful. I had veal scallopino with lemon and capers which was also excellent. I usually have veal costaletta which was a special I had in a restaurant in Milan during our first trip there several years ago. The veal costaletta at Ristorante Claretta is equally as good as we have found in Italy, one of our favorite countries. My wife had tomatoes and mozarella for an appertiser which she loved.
The wine list is also execellent with a large price range from as low as $30 per bottle to well over $200. We shared an excellent red full bodied wine for only $52.
The service is excellent particularly with Claretta and her daughter in charge. We were welcomed back with a friendly smile by both Claretta and her daughter when we arrived and given a choice of several tables. Both stopped by our table several times to make certain we were fine and had all we desired food and beverage wise.
My wife remarked that the ambience in the restaurant made her want to go to Italy. I agreed.
A favorite of the private gold club we belong to in Palm City, we recommend it highly and will most likely drive there from Fort Lauderdale to dine even while the golf club is closed this summer.

• Visited May 2013
South Florida
“Quite disappointed”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

We had heard good things about this restaurant, so we decided to try them for a nice dinner. We called and made reservations ahead, went to where it had always been to find an empty building and no sign or anything directing us to the new location. We called and found they had moved across town. Would have been nice if the person taking our reservation had mentioned that.
We ordered a specific wine, the server brought the wrong wine, opened and poured. Whoa...that is not what we ordered. She returned with the correct wine. He ordered steak that he was quite happy with, I couldn't even eat my seafood dish or the sides. The roasted potatoes were awful. Dried out and cardboard like. I was very disappointed, he wants to try again, but I am very reluctant. The service was haphazard and confusing...we probably had 4 different servers...none knew what the other was doing.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank Diandra128
Florida, USA
“Claretta's IS Northern Italy Defined!”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I've been dining in this absolutely INCREDIBLE restaurant for 11 years and have never once not been taken back to the mountainous regions of Northern Italy!

If you are looking for high-end dining that is absolutely representitive of what one might find in Northern Italy, look no further. Ristorante Claretta is on par with the best Italian restaurants in New York, Chicago or San Fransisco that one could ever hope for, believe me I have some experience here.........Wow, from start to finish!

The pasta is always homemade and on display through the see-through window to the kitchen, the specials of the day represent nothing but the freshest of ingredients, ALWAYS........this place is a true gastronomic explosion in every sense of the meaning!

I'm not a talented writer, nor do I claim to be, but for some reason I felt the urge to write one of the few reviews that I've ever written here tonight because I just want to scream to the world how great this place is and always has been!

Claretta, the mother, Christina, (the daughter and host) and Francesco, the chef.........are there not just cook for you, but to welcome you to their family time and time again! When they cook for you, they are cooking for their family and you will NOT leave disappointed, ever!

FYI, the side staff apart from the familly themselves also make you feel like you're the last person on earth while they're serving you, it's not just Claretta's place, but the entire staff's place as well!

The entire dining experience from start to finish is flawless, flavorful and fun! This is fine dining without all the pretentiousness that usually comes along with paying good money to dine well.

Please note that the photos I took tonight were taken at 5:45 PM before the masses arrived. The restaurant is beautifully turned-out and well attended on a nightly basis.

Reservations are encouraged even if they're last minute, we got it tonight even if it was at 6:00 PM!

Hands down this is the best Northern Italian in South Florida, try it!

• Visited March 2013