“Still love it, but slightly disappointed”

Marriott's Ocean Pointe
Reviewed December 14, 2013

Maybe I was expected big changes, but did not see them. I have been coming to this Marriott at least 6 times over the past few years and always stayed in Pompano building. I was told the renovations to that building were just completed. I was in what they call the Guestroom or Lockout. It looks like the carpet and decor had changed but the bathroom was still essentially untouched. The tub had a large blemish in the porcelain that was patched but still very obvious. I still love the resort..the staff are delightful, the food at the Tiki Bar did not disappoint. I will definitely return hopefully in the future, but if you are expecting over the top accommodations, then chose the newer, two bedroom Oceana Palms about a mile north on the island. I utilize Interval Getaways and price is the determining factor in where I stay and that being said, Ocean Pointe will be in my future...I still love it.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor for a good view
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Erlandsdottir
MVCI_Executive, Manager at Marriott's Ocean Pointe, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide your review of Marriott’s Ocean Pointe. We appreciate your kind words for our team and are so happy to hear you love the resort! Your feedback on the room renovations is also important to us and we apologize the updates did not exceed your expectations. We thank you for your loyalty and look forward to many more trips from your family!

Reviewed December 6, 2013

This may be a very nice hotel but they are the most disorganized organization I have ever dealt with. I made a reservation for a third party months in advance, gave a credit card for full payment months in advance, confirmed four days ago that the guest would not have the CC in their possession and was told that the guest would only need the last four digits of the card. The poor guests are told on their arrival today that the card was not on file but when I called I was told it was but they could not run it until they spoke to a manager who of course could not be reached, They tried to give me an 800 number which of course was not a 24 hour number but in the end they simply would not do anything about it. There are lots of choices that don't include Marriott; I will be sure to never use a Marriott again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Mary M
MVCI_Executive, Customer Care at Marriott's Ocean Pointe, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2013

We apologize you had difficulties when setting up a reservation for your travelling party. The safety of our guest’s credit card information is very important to us and a pre-authorization form is required if the cardholder will not be on-site. It is concerning that you received conflicting information prior to your arrival and we will share this with our reservation partners to prevent this from happening again. We hope you choose Marriott’s Ocean Pointe for future visits and appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed December 6, 2013

We go here every year and it's amazing! Great staff, great food, great beach, great pools! Last year when we went it was abit wavy though so it wasn't always that easy to swim (beach). If you like abit more quiet and peacefull resorts this may not be the right place for you. It's always busy (I think it also depends when you go) and fun and exciting with like 6 pools and six hotubs. And mini putting and everything. Also if you have little kids with you there is a kids club. Don't get too caught up with the pools because the beach is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!! I just love this resort it feels like home. The food is great too. The place is like a community, so big but so loving!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jackie N
Reviewed December 5, 2013

Spending a few days in beautiful Palm Beach Fl. Wonderful weather and ocean is delightful. Hotel is very nice and close to the ocean. Will come back and hopefully stay longer. We also found two very nice restaurants in the area. The first was called Jetty's and the second was called Palm Beach Grill. Both were excellent.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed December 4, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed the well-kept, beautifully landscaped grounds and variety of activities offered. The 2 bedroom villa was perfect---spacious, updated, and lovely. We cannot say enough good things about all our stays at Marriott locations. We will return.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

Maybe it was just bad timing, but Marriott's Ocean Point resort was probably the worst MVCI property we ever stayed at. There were renovations and noise all over the place, which definitely detracted from what is probably, normally, a peaceful oasis on Singer Island. Even though our accomadations were adequate, they are "old school" Marriott, nothing soecial to WOW over. It also rained 3 full days of the week, not Marriott's fault, of course.

I think every MVCI resort we ever stayed at rated 4 and above...so comparatively, I cannot rate our experience better than average.

• Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank HSAYSHI55
Reviewed November 14, 2013

My family stayed in a 2 bedroom unit with a lock-off. It was a really comfortable unit, with the on,y exception being the living room furniture which was OK to sit on if you were 'visiting' in someone's home, but not really comfortable for lounging or hanging out on. The swimming pools and all common facilities were really great, especially the BBQs which we enjoyed several times. The beach is fantastic as well. We plan to return soon with friends!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Spikesgirl87
Also consider these accommodations in or near Palm Beach Shores
Palm Beach Shores Resort & Vacation Villas
Palm Beach Shores Resort & Vacat...
#2 of 5 in Palm Beach Shores
Hilton Singer Island Oceanfront/Palm Beaches Resort
The Breakers
The Breakers
#2 of 10 in Palm Beach

Been to Marriott's Ocean Pointe? Share your experiences!