“Love, love, love!!!”

Marriott's Ocean Pointe
Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

Love, love, love this resort. The resort consists on 5 buildings. 4 are together and the Kingfish is separated by an apartment building. I stayed in the Cobia building in a two bedroom unit.

If you are not a owner at the Marriott it could be hard to get an ocean front if exchanging through Interval International (understandably so). I found that if you place a request, they will try their best to fill it. Tip: request the building you like and ask to be put as close to the front and as high as you can get. Palm trees could block your view, so fourth floor or above would probably be best. All of the buildings are great. We really enjoyed staying at the Cobia building because it was close to all of the action.

Request Kingfish building if traveling without children or if you have a small child (age 4 or less) you'd want this building because of the zero entry pool, and it is less crowded. Plus there is a bar right next to the pool. Additionally, you can watch the boats go in and out of the inlet at this building only. It also has its own hot tub.

Our 2 Bedroom:
We couldn't have asked for more. The unit was recently updated and absolutely gorgeous. Super clean! The beds were comfortable, the Jacuzzi tab in the master bath was wonderful, the second bedroom was its own little suite with its own balcony and kitchenette. The unit was large and spacious. The washer and dryer came in handy, and we called the front desk to replace our room towels at no cost. We didn't get daily maid service however, I believe you can request it for a fee. We enjoyed not being interrupted each day by a maid. There was a trash drop right on our floor. Perfect!

Tip: When you check-in ask for more keys than what you think you will need. Leave one in your beach bag, purse, and with each person on in your party because you will need them to use the elevators throughout the resort.

Resort/Activities:
The grounds are lovely!! Mini golf, Shuffleboard, Ping-pong, video games, kids spray water zone were are all free! There are bench swings, hot tubs, and grilles throughout the resort area. There is a list of activities each day. Some of the activities were 80s night, karaoke night, root beer floats, flag football, hula hoop contests, dance contest, sand making, candle making, Tie-dye T-shirts, and Barbecue night. Some activities were free and some had a minimal fee. It was nice to always have an option to get involved or not.

The ocean was the best!!! The water was beautiful and I am not one to usually go in ocean water. I loved it because you could see straight to the bottom. Very clean, clear, and very blue. We opted to purchase the use of beach chairs. It was not cheap but worth it for extra relaxation. We paid about $25 a day and he will give you a free day if you're staying five days or more. That included two chairs a small table and beach umbrella. Tip: book for less days than you think you'll need- rain could interfere with your beach visits. If you need the extra days he will give it to you at the discounted $25 a instead of $30 if you ask. You can also bring your own chairs and set up wherever you like on the beach. Much of the beach has a sand hill to go down to reach the water. Looks intimidating but is very easy to get up and down. Each day we brought a small cooler filled with beer and other drinks to the beach. So many people do it. Relax and enjoy :)

The Area:
We especially like the surrounding area. Walking at night or during the day was safe. I did not use my bug spray at all. Johnny Longboats and Two Drunken Goats are located to the right of the resort. We walked there quite a bit. The marina is close within walking distance. Thursday nights they have a craft show. Tip: If you want a drink, stop at the gift shop at the Marina and purchase can of beer for as little at $1.40. Then relax and enjoy your drink as you walk and look at the crafts. This is much cheaper then buying from the restaurant.

Our stay was absolutely sensational. We will most definitely return. I highly recommend the Marriott Ocean Pointe.

• Stayed: July 2013
4  Thank Whitehall123
There are newer reviews for Marriott's Ocean Pointe

Reviewed August 6, 2013

We traded one of our weeks in another Marriott property through Interval International. When we drove through the area we went through a rundown and ghetto-like part of the town but once we crossed the bridge the scenery changed very quickly to more pleasing and comforting. The outside of the Marriott property looked decent and promising. Once inside our one-bedroom villa we had mixed feelings. The decor in the living room was disappointing, especially the lights, curtains, and lamps. The colors were cheap looking and tacky. The two pictures hanging on the wall were anything but art. They were the tackiest we have seen in any Marriott and seemed more appropriate for a sleazy motel. The shower had very low pressure and made showering a chore. The good news and positives were our bed which was very comfortable and Marriott-like. The jacuzzi was a very nice size. The TV had more channels than any other place we have been to and also many high def channels. It also had many movie channels. The beach area was nice. The grounds were clean and had nice landscaping. Activities in the resort were plenty but none interesting to us and more geared towards families with younger kids. The surrounding area did not offer much that interested us. A quick trip to The Breakers and Worth Avenue reminded us why Vegas is a much better choice. Finally, we had a problem with the front desk authorizing charges to our room. We specifically asked the front desk not to allow any charges but that did not matter. On my third day I found out three different charges over $140. Management should be ashamed because they failed to honor our request. Overall, this was a so-so visit and Marriott should be advised to make some upgrades and updates to bring this place up to its standards and expectations.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank sunseedco
Reviewed August 5, 2013

There are some things that are really great about this place. The grounds are gorgoeus and kept very clean. The beach is well maintained and very easy to get to. All of the bartenders were friendly and helpful and the food was very good.

We had a very nice three bedroom suite. My husband and I loved it because our side included our own mini kitchen in addition to the nice big full kitchen on the other side. We were able to store our own drinks and snacks for our two year old.

Most of the activities are free or inexpensive and they were a lot of fun! We enjoyed trivia, bingo, left right center, mini golf, and shuffle board. There is even a cute splash park for kids. This made us feel like the hotel was very kid friendly.

The biggest problem we had was quality of sleep. I have some minor back problems that turned into major back pain after a few nights on the either cheap or old mattress. One side was firm, the other very soft which I found odd.

The worst part was the fact that our toddler's naps were constantly being interupted in very annoying ways. One day, two maintenence men came into the adjoining part of our suite while we were on our side with the door closed. We had just put on son down to sleep, and they did not even knock or see if there was anyone in the room. Instead they started testing the fire alarms! He woke up screaming.

Another day, they tested the emergency system in the hotel at the same time, 1 pm. There was a loud announcement with sirens over the loudspeakers in the room that there was an emergency reported and we needed to get out right away, using the stairs. Our son once again woke up sobbing, and we dropped everything and ran as fast as we could downstairs. Turns out it was a drill.

Another day he was napping in his stroller by the pool and a landscaper turned on his blower directly next to him. You'd think if you saw a baby in a stroller with a towel over it, you wouldn't do that.

We also discovered that room service had come in to our room when we weren't there. The funny thing is that we had a weeklong timeshare trade in which you don't get room service unless you request it (which we didn't). I did not like this because if I had known strangers would be in my room, I would have put a few things in the safe.

So long story short, the experience was mediocre. I probably won't be back.

Room Tip: Kingfish pool is more kid friendly in my opinion. Little ones can walk right in.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Tara B
Reviewed August 3, 2013

We loved our stay at the Marriott Ocean Pointe. The amenities are wonderful and the beach is just steps away. The only negative was that upon arriving we were given a room which faced a rather unsightly old pink building. We were immediately given a room change and the view was much better.

We loved how much there was to do on the property: minigolf, bocce ball, kids water polo, pool table, fitness center, contests, etc. Loved the chairs around the fire pit. The tiki hut for drinks/meals is a plus as well. We will stay there again!

Room Tip: Ask that you don't face the old pink building!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Kimberly B
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I gave a 5 star rating. I think I was feeling generous. I'd say not quite a 5 star rating is deserved, but maybe a little more than a 4. Stayed here for four nights, just a quick little get away. We live in South Florida, but this was far enough away that we definitely had the vacation feeling that I needed. We stayed in the Pompano building, 4th floor, oceanfront room. Very nice view. Not perfect, but nothing is. The view from the living room very nice and the view from the master bedroom very nice, although there is some rig looking thing there by the inlet. Not sure what that is, but that was the only thing that muddied the view a bit. I learned not to look at it : ). The pool is nice enough, nice hot tub, the beach is right there and you can use your own beach chairs if you want to, so you don't have to pay for beach chairs every day. The bar/restaurant on the property is not great at all and it's outside so if it's raining, you don't really have any choice of a restaurant at the marriott. I wish they had better dining options on the property. As others mentioned, you might not want to stay at the Kingfish building (they wanted to put us there when we checked in, but I said oh no, I read the reviews on Trip Advisor, thank you), because it's separated by one other building that doesn't belong to Marriott, but if you don't care about that, I think the Kingfish building has their own pool and I think they put a "restaurant" there too. The property isn't huge, but it's very nice. There are activities that you can do if you feel like it. Shuffle board, basketball, volleyball, some bag toss game that I was surprisingly good at......... They have planned activities. We enjoyed ourselves. One restaurant we did go to at the Ocean Mall i think it's called Johnny Longboats. I have to find the place where to write a review for this place. The food might have been good, but there were giant mutant flies all over the place, kept landing on our food. was absolutely sickening and how the staff handled the situation and our complaints was a complete joke, so we did not have a good experience there at all.
My last comment about the resort is that they try very very hard to keep the resort and the grounds immaculate. I've never seen so many maids and so many cleaning projects around a resort before. It was almost too much, like pressure cleaning outside at inconvenient times for guests, so guests had to walk around the areas that were being cleaned. It's great that they take such good care of the property, but they should do it earlier or later, so the guests don't have to be inconvenienced by that.

Room Tip: I'd choose an oceanfront room, ask for a higher floor so you don't have a bunch of trees in...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank jraservices
Reviewed July 30, 2013

This is a nice Marriott resort that we traded through Interval International timeshare properties. We were traveling with preteens and there were not many organized activities for their age group. However for the younger children there were lots of planned activities. This property is located in a nice area on Singer Island just to the east of Rivera Beach. However over the bridge is a very run down section of town that was in construction being updated. For dinning options you need to head north of the resort off of Singer Island to the Palm Beach area about 20 minutes away. As like most timeshares, this resort had all the amenities in the kitchen from full size appliances, dinnerware, pans, toaster, blender, etc. Our family ate many meals at the resort cooked either in our room or on the very nice gas grills located throughout the property. This is always a welcomed money saver for families. The pools are nice with many chairs and we never had issues with getting chairs to sit around the pool. Only 2 of the resort pools are deeper than 4 ft. for adult/teen swimming. There are free cabanas located around each of the 4 pools used on a 'first come' basis. Other nice amenities were the free 9-hole mini golf course, shuffle board, beanbag toss games, basketball court & volleyball court. Within walking distance was a small plaza with 4 restaurants and a convenience store as well as a huge beach shop.

Our complaints - a biggie for me was the shower in the master bathroom. It is tiny like a camper shower and you could not bend over to shave your legs! I ended up using the shower in our adjoining studio unit. The resort did need some general maintenance i.e. exterior doors painted, carpets cleaned in the rooms, gates repaired that went to and from the pools & beaches. Overall the property is in good shape but needs some improvements. And lastly, though located on the ocean the beach is not much to talk about. There were huge 5 ft. drops from water erosion to walk down to get to the water. My kids are older and are raised here in Florida, but for parents with younger children this could be a huge safety issue and there are no lifeguards. The waters were rough for our stay, my body surfing kids were thrilled but again for smaller children it was too much and we didn't see many younger kids at the beach.

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank CFL-gal
Reviewed July 30, 2013

This resort is absolutely beautiful. The rooms are very nice, the grounds are clean, and the landscaping is very well kept in order. There are plenty of things to do on the grounds. Multiple pools, tiki bar, outdoor eating, shuffleboards, gas grills, and not to mention the ocean that is a short walk away. People complain about the towel situation and having to carry a card on you to unlock gates.. You grab towels and once you're done with them you exchange them at a counter in the middle of the resort outside. It's not a hard concept to grasp, and not a pain whatsoever. Also the locked gates is to keep people from the beach coming to the resort to use their pools and amenities. To me a simple swipe of a card is better than having an overly packed resort of non-staying guests. This resort was beyond beautiful, and we loved it so much that we are planning a vacation to stay here for 2 weeks!

Room Tip: If you can avoid the Pompano building, it is being renovated.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank fmchale
Also consider these accommodations in or near Palm Beach Shores
Palm Beach Shores Resort and Vacation Villas
Palm Beach Shores Resort and Vac...
#2 of 5 in Palm Beach Shores
Hilton Singer Island Oceanfront/Palm Beaches Resort
The Breakers
The Breakers
#2 of 10 in Palm Beach

Been to Marriott's Ocean Pointe? Share your experiences!