“Great resort”

Marriott's Ocean Pointe
Reviewed May 6, 2013

This is a wonderful resort and the star is the grounds. They are immaculately maintained with 2 saltwater pools (one adults only) and plenty to do. They have a bochi ball court, shuffleboard, pool table, ping pong table, and a putt putt course. There are plenty of activities, the workout room is really large (the right size for this resort which is not normal), and the staff is very friendly. They have a tiki bar with a small restaurant facility and the food is pretty good with a decent selection and drink specials. The ocean and beach are beautiful and somewhat shielded by large bushes which serve as a barrier to block light which confuses the sea turtles.

The room itself was nice (a studio with a kitchenette and sleeper sofa). The bed was not particularly comfortable, and the towels not very plush, but not really a big deal. The room was recently refurbished and was in great shape and we had a great view from our lanai.

There were 2 restaurants within walking distance including SailFish marina which was pricey but good. Johnny Longboats was setup more like a bar but the food surprisingly decent.

We like to veg on vacations, so this place was perfect for us.

4  Thank gt_linz
There are newer reviews for Marriott's Ocean Pointe

Reviewed May 3, 2013

Based on a past visit, does anyone have a specific room or building they would recommend? This will be based on a family of 4 with 2 kids ages 11 and 12. Looking forward to hearing your comments. Thank you!

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank wineryinoh
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I was very nervous about my visit to this resort, having made an exchange through Interval International, after reading the reviews on this site. I must say, the resort was MUCH better than people had reviewed. I called ahead to request a refurbished room, which they could not promise, but did note the request, and honored it upon arrival & check in. All the staff we encountered were friendly and willing to go the extra mile to help. This is a Marriott Vacation Club site, so perhaps the bad reviews were from people not familiar with typical vacation club resort amenities?? They had plenty of planned activities, particularly for children & teens. My favorite thing about this resort is that one pool is open to adults only from 7 am - 11 am, which resulted in it being used almost exclusively by adults all day. VERY nice for those not traveling with children. The only issue I had with this property is that you must drive to restaurants - we found only 2 within walking distance (Sailfish Marina is good & just a few blocks away).

3  Thank Christina B
Reviewed May 1, 2013

This place is amazing. We traded a week of our timeshare for a week at the Marriott's Ocean Pointe and so glad we did. We had an unfortunate family event and had to leave 4 days early which was very disappointing but the 3 days we were there was perfect. We had a 2 bedroom, which was great. The 2nd bedroom had its own mini kitchen, bathroom and balcony which was perfect for my 21 year old daughter and her friend. The property was beautiful and offered lots of things to do. Every person I came into contact with at the resort was friendly and helpful. There are only a couple things I wished was that the pools and other activities were open later and there was a light on the balcony so we could sit out there at night. Direct access to the beach was also a huge plus. We were on the first floor which we did not have much of a view of the ocean but it was to be expected since we were trading our timeshare and to think they would give us a 6th floor ocean view was not realistic. I would go back to this resort in a heart beat I loved it so much.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank HereWeComeFlorida
Reviewed April 29, 2013

My wife and I just returned from Ocean Pointe and we had a really great time. Like a lot of people here, I rely on Tripadvisor to get a feel for a property and I was concerned by what some have written here.

Our room was on the fourth floor of Sailfish building. I was pleasantly surprised when I opened the door to find a beautifully furnished, recently remodeled room. Everything from the bedroom to the bath to kitchen was completely redone, and tastefully so. It appears that the entire complex had undergone the makeover simply by looking at the windows of all the buildings: each line had the same drapes and lamps, although I couldn't see the Kingfish building. The furniture was in excellent shape with no broken doors, drawers or scratches. One of the best features (at least for me) was the shower pressure. The Directv was in good working order and so I had no complaints there. Parking directly under the building is very tight due to the design of the building, but outside parking is plentiful and close in.

Proximity to the beach is excellent, much better than some of the Hilton Head resorts. The beach occupants pretty much consisted of guests of the resort and lounges and umbrellas are available for rental. The cost was $10 per hour or $30 for the entire day for two lounges and an umbrella, although we brought our own. The beach was very clean and stretched for miles, but there are no lifeguards so be very vigilant of the kids.

The pool areas were very well kept but I found the lounge chairs there to be incredibly uncomfortable because the webbing was of a very hard plastic. Also, even when in the full upright position, the back was still fairly reclined so I couldn't actually see the pool unless I rolled up a towel and used it as a pillow. The resorts choice of the lounge chairs is puzzling to me.

My wife and I had drinks at the pool bar and while they served them up good, the average price of $9.50 per was out of line, so we opted to wait until after 5:00 for Happy Hour when they take off $2.00. Also near the bar area are swing chairs.

Many have stated that there aren't a lot of places to eat in the area, and that's pretty much a correct statement. But not far away in Sailfish Marina restaurant, where we enjoyed an excellent dinner. There are also two outstanding place nearby, and within walking distance, for breakfast. Two Drunken Goats and Johnny Longboats serve up excellent breakfast fare at incredibly reasonable prices. For a better assortment of restaurants you'll need to venture into Palm Beach, which is about a 20 minute drive. As with all Marriott Vacation Club properties, there is no kitchen thus, no room service.

I will admit one thing, the neighborhood that one has to drive through on the way from Interstate 95 to Singer Island is not great, and it's a shame that the first thing one sees on the way to a great resort is public projects and derelict housing. However, once over the bridge things change dramatically.

Staff were very nice and accommodating, especially the front desk personnel. I know others have written about rudeness but I didn't experience any of that, nor did I hear it from other staff while checking in others at the same time. As we passed employees around the resort each gave us a hello, from the maintenance people to servers around the pool area.

I am happy to give this establishment four stars and will return sometime in the future.

4  Thank MarcJordan
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Super family oriented resort with beautiful Riviera Beach at your doorstep but dozens of pools and hot tubs surrounded by paradise like landscaping. Everything you need is there without tons of commercial retail shops. Everything you want is an easy 10-15 minute drive (shuttle available). We went into town for night life and restaurants which are in abundance.
Hundreds of on property activities for all age groups. Secure and private. My husband and I were there on our own but look forward to bringing the family next time.
If you're a "go-go" kind of person there is plenty in the area, but we enjoyed the opportunity to kick back and enjoy the sun and water without the crowds.

1  Thank PIC06
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Had a wonderful time staying at Ocean Point, have visited 3 prior times. I found the room and grounds in great shape, staff were very friendly. We did use the grill for drinks and food, found it reasonably priced and very good. We enjoyed walking daily in the neighborhood around the resort and walked to the Sailfish Marina for breakfast and sat outside and enjoyed watching the boats depart for morning fishing. Overall no issues, great for a relaxing vacation.

Room Tip: Try to stay on the 3rd level of any building, below that is obscured by Palm trees.
3  Thank itravelalotGeorgia
Also consider these accommodations in or near Palm Beach Shores
Palm Beach Shores Resort and Vacation Villas
Palm Beach Shores Resort and Vac...
#2 of 5 in Palm Beach Shores
Hilton Singer Island Oceanfront/Palm Beaches Resort
The Breakers
The Breakers
#2 of 10 in Palm Beach

Been to Marriott's Ocean Pointe? Share your experiences!