“Great rate for an expensive area”

SeaSpray Inn Beach Resort
San Francisco, California
“Great rate for an expensive area”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2007

On the beach, great rate for that area. Staff were great to talk to.
Hotels in that area would be double the cost.

• Liked — beach
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Miami
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2007

I booked a Best Western hotel, because I thought it would be a nice, clean reliable chain hotel at a fair price. The picture on the website looked very nice. Was I surprised! The hotel is extremely rundown. The decor and paint are absolute eyesores. The halls smell of smoke. The "security" doors at the end of the halls that lead to the outside stairwells do not lock, and are so rotten that they could be broken even if they were locked. The restaurant is dingy . The pool is horribly ugly. The maid service is terrible. The elevator is claustrophobic and creaky. All of this for a mere $179 per night! I have never been so depressed at a hotel. Even the fish tank in the lobby was cloudy and dirty. This is definitely the Worst Western, not the best.

• Liked — it was close to the beach
  • Disliked — It was dirty, rundown and smelly.
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank mrsdebster
Amherst, MA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2007

I read some of the reviews and felt I had stayed in a different place. Our room was clean, no sign of bugs, the pool was sparkling, the staff courteous and attentive. The view of the ocean was great and a short walk thru the dunes to the beach.

It is not a new facility but is well maintained except for a few minor glitches like the sliders not sliding well. Other than than, we are going back in Jan 07 and will re-check it out.

We thought it was a great, quiet, clean place to stay in a great location and a great price.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — ??
  • Stayed January 2006, traveled with friends
Eastern USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2006

The location on Singer Island is great. Be aware that the property has no actual "beach frontage" - you have to walk through a city park to get to the water. The ocean views from the outdoor rooftop breakfast area are great. It is within 2 blocks of the Salifish Marina - big plus, since the marina essentially has no parking. Hotel restaurant is so-so for dinner, but great for breakfast. Singer Island is within 2-5 miles of the airport, downtown, Palm Beach Gardens, McArthur Park, Jupiter Beach, etc. Room was clean, hotel is OLD, but servicable. Underground parking (out of sun).

• Liked — location/cost
  • Disliked — no waterfrontage
  • Tips/Secrets — eat at Sailfish Marina reataurant - EXCELLENT! (& reasonable)
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Schrodinger Cat
Atlanta, Ga
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2006

The hotel is right on the beach, but is very run down. If you look at the pics on the website everything is accurate except for picute #8... the nice lobby with vaulted ceilings and columns.. thats a picture of a mall in West Palm Beach, or at leat that is what the B.W. rep I just spoke to said. DO NOT BE FOOLED!! It is an okay place, for a dump, ugly carpet, ugly wallpaper, horrible restaurant, but everyone who works here is nice. The picture on the website is a LIE. Dean Martin probably died here, and they neve changed a thing.

• Liked — Proxmity to the beach.
  • Disliked — The picture in the website is not of this hotel.
  • Tips/Secrets — Don't book this hotel.
  • Stayed June 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank bonybelle
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2006

I promise you, am a very tolorent person and this place was a nightmare! The sliding doors for the balconies don't lock and are very hard to open...we tolorated it. The bathroom door is a sliding door that is super heavy to slide, we tolorated it.

There are SO MANY BED BUGS in this hotel and I will not tolorate that. A hotel is all about somewhere to sleep and it's not exceptable. We went to a concert in West Palm so we didn't get to our room till around 1am. We were tired and ready to get some sleep when we noticed the bugs on the head board, these are not tiny bed bugs either, they are HUGE! The blood from them on the wall is dry and crusty! WHY don't they wash that?!?! We packed so fast to get out of that hotel at 1:30am the went to the front desk to get a full refund....even an apology?! The guy at the front desk called us liers and said that he never gets any complaints. After we explained to him how many bed bugs were in the sheets and the walls, he told us it was OUR FAULT because we didn't inspect the room when we got there and he was only going to give us $60 of our $200! He was so MEAN and it suprised me. I told him, "are you kidding me? That's YOUR Job to keep a clean hotel." Long story short, he only gave us our FULL Refund after I told him that I took pictures of the room and I was going to post them all over the internet. He gave me my money and then walked behind the desk wall so I couldn't see him anymore while saying,
"Have fun with your pictures"...not, "I am so sorry" or, "what can we do to make this right"....transfer us to a sister hotel?!?! NOTHING, he was mad at us!! We had to drive from this hotel to Orlando and didn't get home till 5:30am in the morning.

DO NOT STAY HERE...I haven't even pointed out the elevator being broken, the pool being green. I am not easily angered, I love hotels...this was just..UNREAL. VERY VERY VERY VERY DIRTY and UNSANITARY! Oh....the toilet water stays YELLOW!!!!!!!!!

WARNING: Bed Bugs (and roaches)
*PICTURES ATTACHED*
ROOM #214

• Stayed July 2006
17 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Attleboro, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2005

Room I stayed in was clean, had cental air, iron/board, free local calls and free wireless internet. I was aware ahead of time that you wouldn't walk out your door and step into the ocean. There is about a 300 foot walk through dunes (no other buildings) to the water. Check out --- for the satellite view of 123 S Ocean Ave 33404. There is a boardwalk, which I didn't notice until comming back from the beach. This was a short business stay, so I didn't check out the rest of the hotel (pool, restaurant, bar etc). The staff seemed fine to me. Grounds-keepers would wave and say hi. This was off-season so the place wasn't packed with guests. I'll go back next trip. Best of all, as a buisness traveler it was $59.00/night off-season. Being on the frugal side, this hotel was a great value.

• Stayed August 2005, traveled on business
1 Thank Scazy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Palm Beach Shores
Palm Beach Shores Resort and Vacation Villas
Palm Beach Shores Resort and Vac...
#2 of 4 in Palm Beach Shores
#3 of 34 in West Palm Beach
Colony Hotel
Colony Hotel
#5 of 10 in Palm Beach

Been to SeaSpray Inn Beach Resort? Share your experiences!