SeaSpray Inn Beach Resort
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Marriott's Ocean Pointe(Palm Beach Shores)
$269
$209
Marriott
$179
$149
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
Marriott's Oceana Palms(Riviera Beach)
$329
  • Beachfront
$289
Marriott Hotels
  • Beachfront
Travel Inn Riviera(Riviera Beach)
$84
$84
TripAdvisor
La Doral(Palm Beach Shores)
No availability for your dates from our partners
The Pershing Suites(West Palm Beach)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Room Service
All reviewssinger islandrooftop restaurantentire weekendan older hotelthe entire hotelnight lifeice machinetikikitchenettefixtures
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 19, 2008

The room we stayed in had windows that openned but wouldn't close. Then when we woke in the morning there were cockroaches in the room in several places. It was horrible, I would never recommend this hotel or ever stay here again!!!!!!!!!!!

2  Thank lljjmd
Reviewed February 8, 2008

The hotel is located on South Ocean Drive in Palm Beach Shores, which is a very quiet section on the southern tip of Singer Island. The hotel side (beach side) of South Ocean Drive is full of high price, modern highrise condo buildings. The opposite side of the street is replete with 1 and 2 story houses and long term rental condos and efficiencies. A 5 minute walk will get you to a few bars, restaurants, sun n' surf n' souvenir shops, a 7-11 and Greater Gator convenience store, as well as some gas stations, a coffee shop, a diner, a nail salon, and a bank. A 7 minute walk will get you to North Ocean Drive, which is the main strip of road that takes you from one end of the island to the other.
The hotel decor is not modern by any stretch of the imagination, but it is quite comfortable and more than sufficient. We stayed in an oceanview corner room, equipped with a kitchenette, and a small balcony. The room was very nice size and the housekeeping staff was good. I wouldn't use the elevator if I needed to leave the hotel quickly, but it was serviceable. The front desk personnel are accommodating, but not overly so. The rooftop restaurant/bar has the best pinca colada's on the island, and believe me, I've tried several locations.
The hotel itself is situated about 1,000 feet from the beach. You have to cross the hotel's pool and sundeck (heated pool, nice size sun deck with lots of beach chairs, and a tiki bar which is open from 2pm), a small municipal parking lot, and a small park (open shower to rinse off the sand, some swings, a short boardwalk with some seating areas) before you get to the beach. The hotel is located on the best part of the beach - close to the lifeguard station, no rocks or outcroppings, and beautifully maintained sand.
There are cabanas which are available for $20/day, but we didn't rent any and were perfectly fine on the sand.
If I have any negative comments about the hotel, it's that the decor is quite cheesy and not updated, the ceilings are low, and it has a very strong "hotel" odor. Other than that, it's the perfect place for unwinding.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed January 29, 2008

We had planned to stay at the Hilton until 2 days before our arrival date when we found out that they had a Noro virus problem, so we started looking. We were able to book at the Best Western at the last minute. We were told they had only smoking rooms but we decided to go for it.

On arrival, they had had a cancellation so we got a non-smoking room on the 3rd floor (318). While the decor is quite dated, the room was large and clean with a kitchenette. There was a musty smell but as soon as we opened the windows and the balcony door the smell was gone.

We loved the location, the staff was good and we had a wonderful vacation. We were able to walk to the Sailfish Marina for dinner and the Thursday evening crafts event, recommended by the staff.

Happy hour by the pool was a little noisy but ended very early every evening and then things were extremely quiet.. Very little noise; you could hear the surf at night.

One amusing item: we were given an orange coupon for a daily breakfast special $3.99 (except Sunday). When we went to the restaurant we always got a lot of "what special" questions. However, always did get the special. Food was good , service was great and the price was right.

Given the price and location, I'd go back to this hotel in a heartbeat!

2  Thank Vanc98
Reviewed January 23, 2008

You won't mistake this hotel for its pricey neigbors. It is old and maintenance is not high on their list of priorities. But, you'll be hard-pressed to find a better deal in the Palm Beach area for a hotel on the beach. It's a short boardwalk to the beach (with lifeguard) which made it easy for us to come and go easily. The pool is also nice - not fancy but very warm (outdoor heated) and the front desk loans beach towels. Make sure you request a non-smoking room if you're not a smoker. I forgot to, and the first room we were in smelled horrible. But the desk staff easily switched us for the rest of our stay. The daytime desk staff was very helpful. I thought the beds were comfortable and the houskeeping was great - they left us extra washcloths without even asking when they noticed we were using them up. We payed more for a room with kitchenette and balcony, which was worthwhile for us, because with a toddler it was nice to be able to eat in the room any time we wanted and he could run around or watch TV while we ate.

Stayed: January 2008
2  Thank outdoorgalDelaware
Reviewed January 21, 2008

Please, save your money and do not stay here! It truly is an overpriced dump. The location is nice (a short walk to the beach) and the rooms are large, but that's all it has going for it. The beds were so old and sagging in the middle that we all had back aches the next day. We were all so grossed out by the dingy, dirty sheets that we spread out our beach towels and other clothing to sleep on instead of sleeping directly on the hotel sheets. They were obviously not cleaned from the previous occupants. The towels in the bathroom were frayed, the base of the toilet was yellow (obviously not clean), there was mold in the shower, the whole place smelled like smoke....and on and on. The facility has not been improved or updated for many, many years.

My family vacations often, and have stayed in a variety of hotels at a variety of prices. As long as we feel like the room is clean and fairly up-to-date, we're happy. We have never been so disgusted by a property. Morning did not come fast enough for us - my kids could not wait to get out of there! We paid $150 for this hotel for one night. Honestly, I don't think you could pay me $150 to stay there again. Usually I will thoroughly research a property before I book a stay. This time, I trusted the Best Western name and booked without checking any reviews. That was a huge mistake. I feel like I wasted my time, and my money at this property. I strongly urge you to stay away!

2  Thank sanduskymom