“Embassy Suites Palm Beach Gardens-Pga Blvd”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Palm Beach Gardens PGA Boulevard
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Overall stay was ok but had a problem with the breakfest. It didn't uphold the standards of other Embassy Suites that I'm stayed in. I understand problems happen but the staff was not prepared for it and showed.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Tom S, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Palm Beach Gardens PGA Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2013

We always try to stay steps ahead of our guests' needs and regret we dropped the ball this time. Thank you for sharing your feedback with us and we hope you'll give us another chance to demonstrate our commitment to hospitality.

There are newer reviews for Embassy Suites by Hilton Palm Beach Gardens PGA Boulevard

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Recently, I stayed at the Embassy Suites on PGA Blvd for 5 nights. My overal evaluation was great. The hotel was very clean, rooms were spacious and the staff was professional. This place did exceed my expectations and I would recommend others.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Our room was exactly what we expected for ES. Love the space and decore. The Breakfast was a bit of a let down ONLY because of the wait and not enough space to accommodate everyone...had to wait for a table and then in line 35 minutes for an omelette. Otherwise, i was very happy and WILL stay here again:)

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Hotel allows guests to bring coolers of beer and to smoke in the hot tub. When we questioned the hotel staff the response was " you can smoke outside in Florida". I guess that this hotel will cater to the minority. Steam and smoke is a disgusting smell. The hotel needs some rules to make the hotel experience enjoyable for the majority. Staff was unconcerned about the situation. There were three men smoking cigars and drinking beers with numerous empties around the hot tub. My wife felt like she was in the ghetto and felt intimated. This appeared to my wife to a situation that could lead to violence or sexual assault.

L

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Tom S, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Palm Beach Gardens PGA Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to review our hotel. I am sorry that the smoking policy did not meet your needs. I can assure you that our guests' comfort and safety is always a top priority and your comments will help us to improve our policies and better serve our guests in the future. I have reviewed your comments with the staff so a better response will happen in the future. We hope you will consider staying with us again if you return to the area. If you would like to discuss your experience in greater detail, please feel free to contact me.

Kind regards,
Tom

Reviewed March 19, 2013

How to begin. This was a much anticipated trip. It was my husband's Christmas gift from me and on his BUCKET LIST. I made the arrangements far enough in advance that I had options at many hotels in the area I wanted to be in. I decided to Splurge on this hotel, made my reservations and confirmed for late arrival, really late arrival. I also called the hotel 5 days before my arrival, just to make sure they understood my flight did not arrive until 11:30 p.m. After a very long day in airports, etc....we pick up the rental car and call the hotel for directions. At that point they tell me, "OH glad you called...we are in an overbooked situation and we have no room for you. We have confirmed a room for with another hotel in Port St. Lucie" Where is that you asked, 43 miles down the road....I went ballistic. We stopped at the hotel anyway....do you have a conference with a murphy bed, something...it has been an extremely long day..NOTHING...you must go an additional 43 miles...at this point it is 1 a.m. I ask what time the manager will be there the next day??? 8:00 a.m. they say...I let them know I would be back, bright and early. I could go on and on about my frustration and the unpleasant things I said, but, I am sure you get the frustration. I arrived the next morning to be told Tom S, the manager was not in yet. Gary the housekeeping manager, accepted my and mine husbands wrath, graciously. Gary got us a room, took care of us, made things as right as one can in that situation. We waited for Tom, were told by one employee he was on the phone and would be out in 10 minutes, by another employee he was not in...we left for our days adventures, came back after the day, asked for Tom, no Tom...next morning...NO TOM....next afternoon....NO TOM, little does Tom know, my husband took a whiz beside him in the bathroom. By this point, we were looking at all nametags. In spite of the beginning, Gary the housekeeping manager and Ruby the front desk manager have been trained well and did what they could. Tom on the other hand, never would see us. While we were having cocktails one evening...we met another family who had just driven 22 hours to arrive and be told no room.....at least their room was only two miles down the road vs. 43 miles (86 roundtrip). This seems to be an odd way of doing business. We certainly did not let this experience dictate the trip, we did go on to enjoy ourselves....however, TOM S is another story. It is his job, to hear the complaints and frustrations of his hotel guests. I am sure Gary and Ruby are not paid enough to put up with that on a daily basis.

Room Tip: Breakfast ----cooked to order is excellent, the breakfast buffet, a bit to be desired!!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank bhut32217
Tom S, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Palm Beach Gardens PGA Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2013

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience imposed during your recent trip and the delay in getting back to you. I appreciate your flexibility as we experienced an abnormal situation with the overbooking. Thank you for your review, I have reviewed your comments with our front office department in regards to your comments and we are evaluating our policies and procedures around this matter. I will be in contact with you shortly to follow-up.

Kind regards,
Tom

Reviewed March 17, 2013

I came to west palm for 2 nights for the nights of February 19th ad 20th and thouroughly enjoyed my stay here. Staff is super friendly, room was very clean and very comfortable. As soon as i walked in I was very impressed by the lobby layout and the swans were gorgeous! I came for leisure but did have to do some work while i was there and the suite was exactly what i needed. The bed was super comfortable and bathroom was very nice as well. The managers happy hour was exceptional and the bar tender was helpful, talkative, and smiled at every guest. The breakfast was very good as well, it was exactly what anyone would need to start thier day. When returning to west palm this will definetely be my hotel of choice!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 7, 2013

I have stayed in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida many times over the past two years, working on Estate business. Each time I choose to stay at this Embassy Suite because of its great staff, friendly atmosphere, and great location. I view it as "My home away from home."

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business