How to begin. This was a much anticipated trip. It was my husband's Christmas gift from me and on his BUCKET LIST. I made the arrangements far enough in advance that I had options at many hotels in the area I wanted to be in. I decided to Splurge on this hotel, made my reservations and confirmed for late arrival, really late arrival. I also called the hotel 5 days before my arrival, just to make sure they understood my flight did not arrive until 11:30 p.m. After a very long day in airports, etc....we pick up the rental car and call the hotel for directions. At that point they tell me, "OH glad you called...we are in an overbooked situation and we have no room for you. We have confirmed a room for with another hotel in Port St. Lucie" Where is that you asked, 43 miles down the road....I went ballistic. We stopped at the hotel anyway....do you have a conference with a murphy bed, something...it has been an extremely long day..NOTHING...you must go an additional 43 miles...at this point it is 1 a.m. I ask what time the manager will be there the next day??? 8:00 a.m. they say...I let them know I would be back, bright and early. I could go on and on about my frustration and the unpleasant things I said, but, I am sure you get the frustration. I arrived the next morning to be told Tom S, the manager was not in yet. Gary the housekeeping manager, accepted my and mine husbands wrath, graciously. Gary got us a room, took care of us, made things as right as one can in that situation. We waited for Tom, were told by one employee he was on the phone and would be out in 10 minutes, by another employee he was not in...we left for our days adventures, came back after the day, asked for Tom, no Tom...next morning...NO TOM....next afternoon....NO TOM, little does Tom know, my husband took a whiz beside him in the bathroom. By this point, we were looking at all nametags. In spite of the beginning, Gary the housekeeping manager and Ruby the front desk manager have been trained well and did what they could. Tom on the other hand, never would see us. While we were having cocktails one evening...we met another family who had just driven 22 hours to arrive and be told no room.....at least their room was only two miles down the road vs. 43 miles (86 roundtrip). This seems to be an odd way of doing business. We certainly did not let this experience dictate the trip, we did go on to enjoy ourselves....however, TOM S is another story. It is his job, to hear the complaints and frustrations of his hotel guests. I am sure Gary and Ruby are not paid enough to put up with that on a daily basis.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located minutes from some of Florida's best beaches, golf courses, shopping and dining, the Embassy Suites Palm Beach Gardens - PGA Boulevard is an ideal destination. Enjoy a complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast and a complimentary Evening Reception before dining on site at Verdea Restaurant and Wine Bar. From a grand ballroom to executive boardrooms, this hotel in Palm Beach hosts events for between 10 and 400 guests. Onsite amenities include a fitness center, ATM and free breakfast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick and HRS so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Palm Beach Gardens PGA Boulevard reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Palm Beach Gardens
- Palm Beach Gardens Embassy Suites