“Not a great start to a "Bucket List" trip”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Palm Beach Gardens PGA Boulevard
Washington, Missouri
“Not a great start to a "Bucket List" trip”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

How to begin. This was a much anticipated trip. It was my husband's Christmas gift from me and on his BUCKET LIST. I made the arrangements far enough in advance that I had options at many hotels in the area I wanted to be in. I decided to Splurge on this hotel, made my reservations and confirmed for late arrival, really late arrival. I also called the hotel 5 days before my arrival, just to make sure they understood my flight did not arrive until 11:30 p.m. After a very long day in airports, etc....we pick up the rental car and call the hotel for directions. At that point they tell me, "OH glad you called...we are in an overbooked situation and we have no room for you. We have confirmed a room for with another hotel in Port St. Lucie" Where is that you asked, 43 miles down the road....I went ballistic. We stopped at the hotel anyway....do you have a conference with a murphy bed, something...it has been an extremely long day..NOTHING...you must go an additional 43 miles...at this point it is 1 a.m. I ask what time the manager will be there the next day??? 8:00 a.m. they say...I let them know I would be back, bright and early. I could go on and on about my frustration and the unpleasant things I said, but, I am sure you get the frustration. I arrived the next morning to be told Tom S, the manager was not in yet. Gary the housekeeping manager, accepted my and mine husbands wrath, graciously. Gary got us a room, took care of us, made things as right as one can in that situation. We waited for Tom, were told by one employee he was on the phone and would be out in 10 minutes, by another employee he was not in...we left for our days adventures, came back after the day, asked for Tom, no Tom...next morning...NO TOM....next afternoon....NO TOM, little does Tom know, my husband took a whiz beside him in the bathroom. By this point, we were looking at all nametags. In spite of the beginning, Gary the housekeeping manager and Ruby the front desk manager have been trained well and did what they could. Tom on the other hand, never would see us. While we were having cocktails one evening...we met another family who had just driven 22 hours to arrive and be told no room.....at least their room was only two miles down the road vs. 43 miles (86 roundtrip). This seems to be an odd way of doing business. We certainly did not let this experience dictate the trip, we did go on to enjoy ourselves....however, TOM S is another story. It is his job, to hear the complaints and frustrations of his hotel guests. I am sure Gary and Ruby are not paid enough to put up with that on a daily basis.

Room Tip: Breakfast ----cooked to order is excellent, the breakfast buffet, a bit to be desired!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank bhut32217
Tom S, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Palm Beach Gardens PGA Boulevard, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience imposed during your recent trip and the delay in getting back to you. I appreciate your flexibility as we experienced an abnormal situation with the overbooking. Thank you for your review, I have reviewed your comments with our front office department in regards to your comments and we are evaluating our policies and procedures around this matter. I will be in contact with you shortly to follow-up.

Kind regards,
Tom

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I came to west palm for 2 nights for the nights of February 19th ad 20th and thouroughly enjoyed my stay here. Staff is super friendly, room was very clean and very comfortable. As soon as i walked in I was very impressed by the lobby layout and the swans were gorgeous! I came for leisure but did have to do some work while i was there and the suite was exactly what i needed. The bed was super comfortable and bathroom was very nice as well. The managers happy hour was exceptional and the bar tender was helpful, talkative, and smiled at every guest. The breakfast was very good as well, it was exactly what anyone would need to start thier day. When returning to west palm this will definetely be my hotel of choice!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Glendale, Arizona
Reviewed March 7, 2013

I have stayed in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida many times over the past two years, working on Estate business. Each time I choose to stay at this Embassy Suite because of its great staff, friendly atmosphere, and great location. I view it as "My home away from home."

Miami, Florida
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I spent a week at the hotel and got to enjoy its amenities. I went to the gym each morning to run on the treadmill, afterwards would stop by the breakfast area to have a custom omelette made, and each late afternoon (5:30pm to 7:30pm) I got to enjoy the Happy Hour. I was impressed that in the gym they provide a complimentary set of ear plugs for you to be able to watch the TV monitor that is attached to each treadmill. I also liked that the room had a small refrigerator which allowed me to store some fruits and yogurts that I had bought at the nearby grocery store. The staff was also very nice and helpful. I really enjoyed my stay. I plan to come back for another week in May -- I had originally booked a room at the Hilton Gardens Inn but because of my great experience at the Embassy Suites, I cancelled the other hotel and reserved the week at the Embassy!! The breakfast and Happy Hour make it stand out above the rest of the hotels!!!

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for non-smoking floor & room
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Traveling for business from north florida, to south florida, Palm Beach Gardens is a half way mark to stay over. Embassy Suite on PGA blvd has been a great relaxing, and enjoyable stay for me. I am always greeted, with a warm smile and a welcoming handshake, not to mention the two beautiful white SWANS in the pool lobby, raising there heads in my direction with a welcome back stare as well. Most times I stay an extra day for I enjoy there breakfast, the complimentary selection is quite for the food has alwamazing. As for the evenings, the manager's complimentary cocktail hour 5pm to 7pm has given me great opportunity to meet other people from all over who have become friends as well as great business marketing conversation. I usually end my evenings with room service, a comfortable bed, and a quite night's sleep.
Thank You Embassy Suite !!! See you again next week!!!
JoAnne

Room Tip: I always ask for a corner room !!! Very Quite!
Winter Springs, Florida, United States
Reviewed March 6, 2013

We have been staying here once or twice a month for over a year now and every time it is a consistent, pleasant experience. (Last stay Feb. 22-24, 2013) Our last trip was for a group event at Verdea restaurant inside the hotel. What a hidden gem! From the executive chef to the wait-staff, everyone was professional, graciously attentive, and they fashioned a very memorable evening.
The properties entire staff is accomplished, and consummately responsive. The hotel is well adorned, clean, and conveniently located between 95 and the Turnpike along well-known PGA Blvd. and close to ample shopping. Also, be sure to say hello to the two resident Royal swans, Bach & Beethoven, that grace the hotel lobby.
Overall, five-stars! Nice job Embassy, always.
M&J

Detroit, Michigan, United States
Reviewed February 27, 2013

The location is great. Guest rooms are tired yet lobby is impeccable. There is on site dining but not in the afternoon. Rooms are spacious but carpeting is worn and stained in the room I am in. Extremely courteous staff and front desk