I stayed at this property one night on a business trip. Check in went very smoothly since I had a reservation already booked, the front desk staff was both attentive and courteous. Parking is in a parking garage on the north side of the hotel (shared by the adjacent bank building), spaces are not well marked and the garage routing can be somewhat confusing. Poor lighting around the dusk timeframe in the garage until the overheads come on, it'd be easy for a mugger or car burglar to work during this time so use caution in the garage proper. There is a walkway to the hotel on the second floor, however this is locked down later in the evening (no posted hours on the door BTW, it just gets locked) so you have to take an elevator or stairs to the ground floor and cross the driveway.
Hotel itself is very well landscaped and cared for, a special touch are the two live white swans living in the hotel's central reflecting pool area in the atrium. Business Center services were all up & running, the area was clean and properly stocked, computers worked correctly. Guest elevators (only two) are somewhat slow, especially during peak hours. I ended up not attending the manager's reception so I can't comments on that amenity. The room was very comfortable, clean, and well outfitted. Two LG LCD televisions, one in the sitting area, one in the bedroom. This appears to be an older property as evidenced by some of the grout in the shower (all marble BTW), water pressure on the 4th floor was fine with good even flow and heat. Older massaging shower head. Towels were soft (to note), although there were only two sets. The shower leaked some water onto the bathroom floor from a curtain that would not close correctly so some mop-up was needed. Bed was fine, although a little soft on the edges (I could feel the mattress hit bottom).
The big disappointer with this property, however, was the breakfast buffet. Without a doubt this was probably the worst breakfast I've ever had at any Hilton property, very uncalled for under the Embassy Suites brand. Buffet cleanliness was only mediocre with dirty dishes, slopped around food, and greasy counters in the serving area in evidence. At least two of the hot dishes were out when I went through the line, there were no forks to be had on the floor, so I ended up eating the potatoes by spearing them with a knife. The coke machine was only dispensing tan coke-flavored water, no syrup to speak of nor any carbonation. Orange juice was watery with flow that splashed for that "juice hand" we all know and love out of machines. Lot of people parking at tables not eating, just surfing the web or having conversation. Staff made no effort to assist for people that were yet to eat. I ate standing up at a counter until a very nice fellow guest offered for me to share her table. The staff was pleasent and polite and I sincerely believe they were trying to please, but they did seem somewhat overwhelmed. I didn't try the omlette station since I counted 11 people in-line and knew it would take quite a while since only one cook was working this area.
All in all, this stay was pleasant with the exception of the breakfast (note this is an Embassy Suites signature feature for it's guests, so it really is disappointing that the breakfast was not better presented!). Revamp the breakfast buffet, add some signage (and perhaps a camera or two) for the parking garage and the 2nd floor entry, and this could very well be an award-winning property. I'd definitely return stay here if the opportunity arises again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located minutes from some of Florida's best beaches, golf courses, shopping and dining, the Embassy Suites Palm Beach Gardens - PGA Boulevard is an ideal destination. Enjoy a complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast and a complimentary Evening Reception before dining on site at Verdea Restaurant and Wine Bar. From a grand ballroom to executive boardrooms, this hotel in Palm Beach hosts events for between 10 and 400 guests. Onsite amenities include a fitness center, ATM and free breakfast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Palm Beach Gardens PGA Boulevard reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Palm Beach Gardens
- Palm Beach Gardens Embassy Suites