“Very good stay at a nice property, but.....”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Palm Beach Gardens PGA Boulevard
Reviewed December 29, 2012

I stayed at this property one night on a business trip. Check in went very smoothly since I had a reservation already booked, the front desk staff was both attentive and courteous. Parking is in a parking garage on the north side of the hotel (shared by the adjacent bank building), spaces are not well marked and the garage routing can be somewhat confusing. Poor lighting around the dusk timeframe in the garage until the overheads come on, it'd be easy for a mugger or car burglar to work during this time so use caution in the garage proper. There is a walkway to the hotel on the second floor, however this is locked down later in the evening (no posted hours on the door BTW, it just gets locked) so you have to take an elevator or stairs to the ground floor and cross the driveway.

Hotel itself is very well landscaped and cared for, a special touch are the two live white swans living in the hotel's central reflecting pool area in the atrium. Business Center services were all up & running, the area was clean and properly stocked, computers worked correctly. Guest elevators (only two) are somewhat slow, especially during peak hours. I ended up not attending the manager's reception so I can't comments on that amenity. The room was very comfortable, clean, and well outfitted. Two LG LCD televisions, one in the sitting area, one in the bedroom. This appears to be an older property as evidenced by some of the grout in the shower (all marble BTW), water pressure on the 4th floor was fine with good even flow and heat. Older massaging shower head. Towels were soft (to note), although there were only two sets. The shower leaked some water onto the bathroom floor from a curtain that would not close correctly so some mop-up was needed. Bed was fine, although a little soft on the edges (I could feel the mattress hit bottom).

The big disappointer with this property, however, was the breakfast buffet. Without a doubt this was probably the worst breakfast I've ever had at any Hilton property, very uncalled for under the Embassy Suites brand. Buffet cleanliness was only mediocre with dirty dishes, slopped around food, and greasy counters in the serving area in evidence. At least two of the hot dishes were out when I went through the line, there were no forks to be had on the floor, so I ended up eating the potatoes by spearing them with a knife. The coke machine was only dispensing tan coke-flavored water, no syrup to speak of nor any carbonation. Orange juice was watery with flow that splashed for that "juice hand" we all know and love out of machines. Lot of people parking at tables not eating, just surfing the web or having conversation. Staff made no effort to assist for people that were yet to eat. I ate standing up at a counter until a very nice fellow guest offered for me to share her table. The staff was pleasent and polite and I sincerely believe they were trying to please, but they did seem somewhat overwhelmed. I didn't try the omlette station since I counted 11 people in-line and knew it would take quite a while since only one cook was working this area.

All in all, this stay was pleasant with the exception of the breakfast (note this is an Embassy Suites signature feature for it's guests, so it really is disappointing that the breakfast was not better presented!). Revamp the breakfast buffet, add some signage (and perhaps a camera or two) for the parking garage and the 2nd floor entry, and this could very well be an award-winning property. I'd definitely return stay here if the opportunity arises again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank elc32955
There are newer reviews for Embassy Suites by Hilton Palm Beach Gardens PGA Boulevard

Reviewed December 29, 2012

The Embassy suites is located in a great location very close to I-95. free Wi-fi is a plus , love the, free breakfast but be prepare to wait at least 30 minutes for your cook to order ommelette, since they have just one person doing everything, not enough tables and chairs available at the restaurant so you maybe ending having no place to seat. Rooms are kind of small than other embassy suites and carpet was nasty full of dark spots. Wil not come back.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank gabincha2000
Tom S, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Palm Beach Gardens PGA Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2013

Thank you for staying with us and I sincerely apologize that we were so busy at breakfast. We did have additional staff on to service breakfast but we had most of our guests come down all at once. I am happy to let you know that we will be replacing several rooms carpet very soon and again apologize for the condition you had in your room. Thank you for the feedback.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

This hotel was filthy, I have never seen a phone or remote that was so unclean. The carpet was sticky and not able to walk on without shoes. Staff overall was not friendly. Weebsite said recently renovated but that appeared not accurate. Very disappointing for a Hilton property...

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Tom S, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Palm Beach Gardens PGA Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. Please accept our sincerest apology. We want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our guests are taken very seriously. We feel terrible that the room during your staywas not satisfactory. Again, please accept our apologies for the inconvenience you experienced. If I can be of further assistance please feel free to contact me.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I do put Embassy Suites into the "Sure Bet" category. My suite, room 417, was huge. And comfortable, very clean. The manager gave me two bottled waters - nice. There was a small stain on the carpet and no view but I truly didn't care. It was a great room.

I had a nice free drink at the happy hour. The dips were nice for the potato chips and gold fish crackers. But, I really do prefer popcorn and corn chips (like at the fabulous Embassy Suites San Antonio Airport hotel). Still, the bartender was nice and I enjoyed it. I didn't have time for breakfast.

The lobby is huge and pretty with water and swans!

The lights were low in the attached parking garage. There was a security guard who was very nice and made sure I got into my car safely that morning. He said they were working on the lights (some were out).

This is a good choice for you if you are in the area.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
connorysh, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Palm Beach Gardens PGA Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Dear FWTravelor, thanks for taking the time to write about your experiences at Embassy Suites Palm Beach Gardens - PGA Boulevard. Glad you enjoyed your room, our staff and the complimentary Manager's Reception. Next time with us you'll have to have our breakfast.

Hope to see you at breakfast soon.

Thanks again.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Enjoyed staying at this hotel while in thbeautiful lobby, good breakfast and the managers reception was enjoyed. The hotel is close to shopping and many restaurants. The room was clean and the bed was confortable

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 23, 2012

We stayed here a couple of nights for business trip. The hotel layout is of an older style: The Lobby is spacious by mostly set up for small area for eating around the bar, and the rooms have a layout of an old suite, not the new one. While this is noticeable, the hotel has been modernized as much as possible. The lobby floor looks great, the swans in the lobby give an eclectic touch, and the room modernized as much as the layout will allow. I will say I wished that both rooms of the suite had a TV, and that the TV was in HD. The morning complimentary breakfast was good on the first day, not so much the second when I noticed lots of gnats around the fruit and food, probably because the buffet line was right next to the back door, attracting lots of bugs as people go in and out.

I was impressed with the good service. Front desk was nice, very easy check in, and the bar tender was great. I’d also like to thank the staff for holding onto my coat and sunglasses I left in the bar, which was then stored behind the front desk for me the next morning. That saved me a lot of grief.

1  Thank Marc M
connorysh, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Palm Beach Gardens PGA Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Dear Marc M. Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences at Embassy Suites Palm Beach Gardens. We pride ourselves on customer service and appreciate when it is recognized. Thanks for the postitive feedback about the service your received.
We have noted your observations about our challenges and have taken corrective action in regards to the buffet.

Hope you have a chance to visit us again soon.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

If you're on business (or even on vacation) in the West Palm Beach area I suggest the Embassy Suites in Palm Beach Gardens. It's located right off I-95 (although you have to do a couple of U-turns to get there on PGA Blvd heading North from the airport). The free breakfast is great as is the daily managers reception in the evening which includes free beer, other drinks and snacks. As a Hilton HHonors member I always try to stay at an Embassy Suites or other Hilton property when I travel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
connorysh, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Palm Beach Gardens PGA Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Dear Timothy C. thanks so much for taking the time to share your positive experience at Embassy Suites Palm Beach Gardens - PGA Boulevard. Many Hilton HHONORS members agree Embassy Suites can't be beat for all the value they offer: free cooked to order breakfast and evening reception with complimentary drinks and snacks.

Hope to see you back with us soon.