“Great Food and great Restaurant”
Review of River House - CLOSED

River House
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Scenic view, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Lombard, Illinois
“Great Food and great Restaurant”
Reviewed December 5, 2013

My Husband and I where guest of our friend Tom Beckmeyer who has a Boat docked at the Marina there. He really likes this Restaurant. and he took us to dinner there on the 2nd of Dec. 2013 I have to say it lived up to its reputation my husband TIm and our friend Tom each had the Pork Chops my husband loved them I had the Scallops they where very good. and yes you get a lot of food. we also had the salad bar. Like i said Great Food Great Drinks Great Place.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Paulette G

Montreal, Canada
“Still the best”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

This place is just perfect in my estimation. Great attentive and informed service, a wonderful location and view. Nice menu and who can top that incredibly fresh salad bar with baked fresh bread and cheese selection? No one.

“Up scale dinning”
Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

If you are looking for a great meal for a special night out it is hard to beat River House. This is a staple in North Palm Beach and it's classic menu of steak and seafood is pleasing to almost anyone's tastes. Most entrees cost about $35 to $45 and come with a loaded salad bar. I had a combo entree of New York strip with tender scallops. I had mine fried but you can have them blackened or grilled. The sides are rice, steak fries or baked potato. The loaded baked potato is delivered with a plate of goodies like chopped chives, chunky bacon bits, shredded cheeses and sour cream. I added cream of spinach which could serve several people and of course asparagus. Best of all is the view of the intercostal waterway. You have to drive thru a working boat yard to get to the restaurant and as you dine you have views of million dollar yachts float past. They have even added an outdoor bar that sits along side the intercostal that you can have cocktails while you wait for your table. They also have a full bar inside but if the weather is nice why not sit outside. There was a 25 ounce bone in porter house steak special for $55 if you are up to it it looked awesome. The atmosphere of the dining room is upscale and it is not a T-shirt and shorts attire kind of place. The staff is very attentive and friendly and the manager is top notch and runs a tight ship. If you are a local whom has never tried the River House or you are from out of town I highly recommend this classic eatery.

Fairfax, Virginia
“Can't understand the hype!”
Reviewed November 16, 2013

We went for dinner last night with friends who LOVE the restaurant. We hadn't been back there for many years because we weren't thrilled with the food, but so many folks in our building rave about it, so we decided to give it another try. I haven't changed my mind. The food is just not that special. The portions are humongous, and if you want to take left-overs home to eat for the next few days, this is the place for you. I was considering ordering the prime rib special until I asked how many ounces of meat it was. The answer --- 25 ounces! I would rather have smaller portions and include a vegetable as a side dish. With your entree of ridiculous proportions you get either a baked potato (extra-large), steak fries, or rice. I don't think there is an entree that is less than $30, but I can't swear to that. I am sure that the prices are on the high end because of the size of the cut of meat or fish not because the food is so outstanding. It's very average. The salad bar is fine if you like salad bars. The service is very good and it is a beautiful setting, but I just can't recommend the food.

Fresh Meadows, New York
“on the water”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

returned for another great visit....food is excellent in great setting...waiters are so frindly and give great advice...plenty of specials......enjoyed visit and continue to recommend....well worth the price