“not your typical resort food”

Ironwood Steak & Seafood
Reserve with OpenTable
Ironwood Steak & Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Tournament Dr
Description: Ironwood Steak and Seafood, at PGA National Resort & Spa, gives an exciting dimension to the dining experience. Radiating sophistication, this contemporary American Steak, and Seafood house takes a wonderfully fresh and unexpected approach to classic steaks and local, fresh, Florida seafood. Providing a tantalizing dining experience, Chef Jeffrey Mueller presents the highest quality ingredients, steaks, and fish offerings on the menu. Notable is the "Tomahawk for Two" - a 32-oz. cross of Wagyu and Black Angus beef, dry-aged for 21 days, then cooked to perfection at 1,200 degrees in a state-of-the-art Vulcan 1200 broiler. Ironwood Steak and Seafood boasts one of the most extensive wine lists in South Florida with over 350 top-shelf selections. The unique design of Ironwood Steak and Seafood features 4 private dining spaces with room for up to 131 guests. These seating options are ideal for hosting corporate dinners and special events, anniversaries, and rehearsal dinners.
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Our group dined there twice. Both were excellent in terms of service, quality and value. From oysters to shrimp to lobster and from steak to tuna, eveyrthing was well prepared and the setting is what you'd expect for fine dining.
Don't feel the need to get into your car and drive to Palm Beach when you can walk 4 feet and enjoy yourself without the hassle of a car.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

great for lunch, dinner or special event! Beautifully decorated, top quality service and wonderful food. Worth every penny!

Reviewed April 14, 2013

I had dinner here three nights in a row. The first two nights the service by Cliff and then Karen was awesome. Cliff recommended the Kansas City bone in striploin and it was superb. He even arranged to bring me half portions of mushrooms and mashed potatoes as I was alone. I ordered a bottle of wine, the yave an excellent and well priced wine list, and asked if I could take the last half to my room and bring it back the next evening which was fine. The next evening Karen recommended the Sea Bass, which I found a little too rich, and she whipped it away and brought me the Red Snapper in about 5 minutes. The manager even came and took my side order and had it redone, both excellent folks. The third night unfortunately I was ignored at the table until I flagged Jimmy down. It wasn't his table but the gal who was supposed to serve me argued with him, within earshot, that she didn't have time to look after me. Jimmy did a great job after that, even though he was run off his feet, while the gal spent a lot of time talking to the customers at the table beside me. Kind of a bad ending to a great experience.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

I had planned a Valentine night dinner at Ironwood Grill with my wife. We are local and have visited the Resort/Spa and Golf course many times. When we arrived I had high expectations for the evening. The food and service were supposed to be top rated, and with the Honda Classic around the corner, I thought the restaurant would shine. We were seated promptly and our server was pleasant. We both decided to order the Kansas City Prime Steak. When the Steaks arrived they looked like two different meals. One had no grill marks and was undercooked, the second one seamed to be significantly smaller and overcooked. When our server saw the original meal she even question it, went to the kitchen, came back to us and said it was the correct meal. She then return it to the kitchen to be exchanged for a steak that was cooked as requested, Med-Rare...The steak was return a third time and my wife decided she was not hungry. Even the Baked Potato was taken back to the kitchen because it was cold and not cooked, AND never return. Our server apologized and set the manager over. I was surprised about the poorly cooked meal and the lack of follow thru to correct this issue. Great resort with a great golf course and spa. If the restaurant was top notch they would have a winning combination

1  Thank Bill Q
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I have been to the Ironwood Grill before, and had a great experience. This time was different, perhaps because it was Valentines Day. We had a 7:45 pm reservation, arriving at 7:30pm. They said they were about 5 minutes behind, but I could wait near the bar area (which was very crowded). We waited. The bar area, being overwhelmed, took about 20 minutes and multiple trips to the counter to get their attention. At 8:15pm, I went to the hostess stand and was finally told that "you are next" and to come up to the hostess stand. We did, and they promptly seated another couple ahead of us...we waited some more. Finally seated around 8:30pm, the waiter took 15 minutes to come to the table. We ordered the filet and the 2 pound lobster. 25 minutes later, we got an order of the 32 ounce porterhouse. We sent it back. 10-12 minutes later, we got the filet and a 3 pound lobster ..not what I ordered, but the waiter said he would only charge us for the 2 pound lobster. I find that the larger the lobster, the tougher the meat...I had also asked them, prior to ordering, if they could crack the claws for me. It arrived without them cracked. So I sent it back again. Despite all this, the food tasted good, otherwise I would have taken away another star...My recommendation, don't go to this restaurant on a holiday.

1  Thank Scoot2