“Bright lights and slow service...”

Carmine's Original Ocean Grill & Sushi Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Carmine's Original Ocean Grill & Sushi Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: waterfront dining with Seafood and sushi
Reviewed January 26, 2014

Went there with out of town friends. Staff was pleasant but service was slow and we felt rushed to order and eat. Waiter would come to the table look at us and walk away.. Appetizers were excellent but dinner was cold and not as good as "The Original Restaurant" . I will go back for happy hour but not dinner.

Reviewed January 20, 2014

We made reservations ( there are 2 restaurants there with almost the same name....a little confusing). The staff was friendly but service is a little slow. We had seats on the intercostal. Beautiful at night with the lit boats! So we didn't mind waiting for drinks.

My husband and I shared appetizers. The pizzas are flatbread and very good. I love the bang bang shrimp too! But we all had some of the veal chop...which was huge! And so good. I wouldn't get the Parmesan one next time...too much cheese. But the chop itself was excellent! My husband can't wait to come back and order it! Me too!

Reviewed January 10, 2014

Me and my family ate here, our waiter was very slow! I had to ask two other waiters and they had it to me in less than 2 minutes! our waiter also didn't pay any attention to what we got I got the wrong meal, but I waited so long I ate it and didn't say anything the food was great, but the service is horrible they should fire that waiter for good!

Reviewed December 30, 2013

I have been to Carmines 3 times with the same group of friends to take advantage of their Groupon deal. The sushi is actually pretty good, that's why i am giving this place a 3, but the service if horrendous! The last two times we overlooked the sloppy service because the sushi was impressive. However, the last time we went it took forever for them to seat us, even though there were many many seats available. After standing in the middle of the restaurant waiting to be seated (their idea!), we were given menus, without the pages inside of them!! We had to wait forever again for someone to realize that we were waiting for a server, any server, to come by!! We just couldn't believe how awful the service was this time. It made us just want to leave. I doubt we will be back anytime soon. Bummer!

Reviewed December 26, 2013

After asking some locals about where to go for good fresh fish not over priced hands down they said Carmine's. They were not kidding. We called and made reservation and the person told us about their happy hour special we might want to take up on. Drinks and appetizers 1/2 price. They appetizers were a meal alone and a very good deal. The drinks were cold. We sat outside so service was a little off. I guess the locals sit inside more. But what they missed on the slower service they made up with friendly servers. They also have our go to market to buy from as well. We will be going back.