“A Sports Bar”

Duffy's Sports Grill
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night
Description: The Official Sports Grill of your favorite Florida teams.
Decatur, Illinois
“A Sports Bar”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Nothing wrong with being a sports bar and that's what Duffy's does. Lots of TVs...lots of them! Unfortunately, all but one on the same station. But, we weren't here for the TV anyway.

We were visiting with a friend and this was a convienent spot to meet. We were seated promptly and got our drinks and menus quickly. Took a little longer than expected for the food to arrive, but it was good. Mrs. M's Cobb Salad was on a big platter and she said it was good. I had a burger and fries. Both good.

Duffy's has good food and plenty of TVs and drink specials. Definitely, a sports bar!

• Visited October 2012

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“This place has gone down hill fast.”
Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

We've been eating at Duffy's Sports Grill on Northlake Blvd about once a month for over 9 years (since we moved to West Palm). Used to be great....The food & service has steadily gone down hill since the start of 2012.

The last 3 times we've eaten here, it has been a terrible experience, and this past Monday was simply the last straw. The service was non-existent. The place wasn't very busy, so that excuse doesn't fly....I had to "find" our waiter 3 times (#1. the appetizer never showed after waiting for it for over 10 minutes...Then...after ordering our 2nd drinks & asking how much longer the appetizers will take, our waiter said, "Oh, I forgot" and had to go to kitchen to submit appetizer order...#2. Asked for water twice...again we got, "Oh, I forgot, I'll get ya some water right now"....water still never showed after about 5 minutes so I went to bar and got two glasses of water... #3. After waiting over 20 minutes, still no appetizer or entree. Had to go and find the waiter to ask where our food order was, and also let him know that we never got the appetizer & he could just remove it from our bill...his response was...you guessed it, ..."I forgot...I'll take it off". He then immediately had another waiter bring our entree's (now cold!...from apparently sitting at the "pick-up counter" as he was too busy "chatting" with a waitress about a sports event). 8 minutes later, Mr. "I forgot" brought an appetizer. Yep...even after I had told him to forget the appetizer and we had finished eating half of our "cold entrees" (cold cheeseburgers???? Not good!). Even more astonishing was it wasn't even the appetizer we had originally ordered. He then said, "Well, you can go ahead and have these 'on the house". I politely replied, "No Thank you & besides it's not even what we ordered"....but he just left the plate of appetizers on our table. 2 or 3 minutes later, he came back to the table and said, "You're right, these "aint" your appetizers" and took the plate of appetizers to another table. When the check arrived, we had not only been charged for the original "no show" appetizer, but also the appetizer he brought after we had almost finished our cold burgers & fries, and then taken away and given to another table. I straightened out the bill after having to hunt down the waiter again.....WE WILL NEVER GO BACK to this Duffys!!! This is the closest "Duffy's" to our home, and we "may" try another one....but certainly not anytime soon. We'll try one of the many "other" sports grills in Palm Beach County before any Duffy's gets our business again. Sorry for the rather long review, but it's the total disappointment that caused that.

“Bad food for low price”
Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

The owners have figured it out:PRICE it low and they will come. Save your hard earned money before you go here. The food is marginal,the place is dirty and noisy. Drinks for half price is a joke since they serve half portions except beer is a good deal. Had the pastrami and Swiss sandwich and it was bad!
P

Florida
“Good Food at Fair Prices”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Duffy's at the Oakbrook Sq is very large, larger than most of the other Duffy's restaurents. It was once a very high priced steak house so the interior is first class. The beautiful long bar, comfortable seating and open feeling add to the enjoyment. My "crunchy Mahi" sandwich was super as was the Mahi dinners my wife had. Plus, 2 4 1 drinks all day. Lots of free parking too. My favorite of all the Duffy's here in South Florida.

• Visited September 2012
“They had somewhere else they wanted to be”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Let's start with the waiter. Asked for drinks took him forever and when he did bring them they were missing the lemon asked him three more times and finally ask just for a dish of lemon wedges and only brought three. Then ordered food fish sandwich it was so thin that when turned sideways it vanished, the steak it said was to six ounces was not a bit over three must have been the four ounces of fat that was not there .my sandwich was fine cornbeef. But it did take over 40to min to get served. .to refill our drinks was a challenge by itself. Then came the check. Why do waiters insist on putting their table checks in their pants Im don't want to touch anything with your sweat open sores or what you missed when you did not take a shower. So put your book in your apron.