“The Pad Thai IS very good indeed”
Review of One Thai

One Thai
Cuisines: Thai
Description: Family owned since 1986. Promote healthy eating. Vegetarian menu or special diet menu is available upon request
Reviewed October 27, 2015

Pad Thai is like hamburgers or pizza. There are lots of different styles of Pad Thai, particularly in the sauce. Some places the sauce is reddish. One Thai serves it with a rather dark sauce, which I like. The bean sprouts, while traditionally cooked with the noodles in the wok, were served raw on the side. Also on the side was the ground peanuts (in case you're allergic, I guess). I would have liked to see more scallions; hardly any were to be found. Flavor was great. The complimentary side salad (instead of the soup because it had meat in it) was iceberg lettuce with a peanut sauce sporting a bit of chili heat. For the price, you can't go wrong.

1  Thank R C
Cathy S, Owner at One Thai, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2017

Thanks for coming. Looking forward to see you again soon.

Reviewed October 27, 2015

been here multiple times, always enjoyed it and always had good food and very kind service. Definitely a place to go back to.

1  Thank lemeni58

Thank you so much.

Reviewed October 21, 2015 via mobile

This place had very good pad Thai. I asked for a spicy as it could get and it was medium spice. It was very flavorful and I enjoyed it.

1  Thank Jeff R
Cathy S, Owner at One Thai, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2017

Thanks for your support.

Reviewed May 13, 2015

It is not the fanciest place the the Pad Thai is to die for, they use real rice noodles that seem to be hands down better than anywhere else. Lunch is pretty cheap too.

Thanks for your positive feedback.

Reviewed April 12, 2015

Food seems fresh and is tasty. But the dining room is dated and tacky - a plastic turtle in a running water fountain, a glass case with etched dolphins, sea shells and marbles and a box of take-out on one of the two chairs at the entrance! [I guess waiting for a table isn't a frequent situation.] Service is strangely stilted and unbalanced. Nothing seems smooth or well thought out. A spring roll arrived; my wife had to wait for the sauce. Next, out comes our meals piled high on small dishes like the kind you find in a diner from decades gone by. We sat there looking at each other wondering how we were going to manage to eat without everything falling all over the table. Then someone arrived with even smaller plates for each of us while another dragged out some sticky white rice from an aluminum dish that was sitting on the back counter - so maybe everything isn't so fresh. What about a regular-sized plate rather than so many dishes, bowls, and utensils. Why does the customer need to track down a server to get more rice? - just give us each a serving in a dish that we can keep on the table - it seems they have plenty of those. For us, the experience matters. This was tense - didn't have what we needed until after we needed it. And, there were strange lapses in service. It wasn't busy so it seems that service isn't well thought out.

Unfortunately, I have to wonder about the kitchen - where no one sees - because the bus person was using a rag over and over, never touching water or sanitizer between clean-ups, cookies are on a plate with loose plastic wrap rather than a pastry cover and toothpicks sit loose in a bowl, unwrapped, unprotected from the last customer's grubby fingers.

The more I think about it, 'three' was probably too generous. At the time I thought that I might go back - maybe for take-out. But, now that I have given it some thought, I don't think so. Maybe this explains why it wasn't busy on a weekend night. Something is out of whack with this place - it certainly isn't customer oriented - or maybe this is the 'thai' way. Either way, it may have been adequate, but not pleasant. There are better options in the area and the prices were not competitive. For me, I would rather get less food - enough for the meal - at a reasonable price, rather than pay extra for more food that will only go bad in the back of the refrigerator.