“Perfect...if you want awful food”
Review of Ebisu

Ebisu
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 7, 2012 via mobile

We tried this place because we couldn't get a table at Talay in the same mall. Looked promising & had decent reviews. I had veggie roll with brown rice & chicken tempura; girlfriend had dragon & rainbow rolls, both with brown rice. What a disaster! Rice was stale, disgusting & falling apart (Yumi does it perfect). Plus we got a bowl of brown rice since the waitress couldn't understand our order. The chicken tempura which was disgusting. Basically I felt like I stopped by Bud's for day old fried chicken fingers. Smelled so bad, we went home to change my shirt & wash my hair to get the stench out, honest to God. And to top it off, each item was brought to our table at different times, with the beef roll appetizers served last...of course. Will NEVER go back.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

the service was very good. It's own by family and all of them were very friendly. It was good quality food. It was better than Nobu without paying ridiculous money.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

This is the second time in less than a month we have tried Ebisu, thinking the first time we went might have been an off night for the chefs and the waiters since it has been given other good reviews and we already purchased the Groupon.
The Groupon was worth $55 and our bill was close to $100 for 4 people without drinks, two sushi rolls per person and a miso soup. We waited nearly an hour for our food without anyone checking on us or apologizing. In our opinion Hayashi is far better and a lot cheaper. In addition, the atmosphere in Hayashi is more peaceful and they have more booths available. Ebisu seems to offer either very expensive sushi rolls ($15) or very basic rolls with one ingredient. Hayashi and Sushi Yama
(PGA and Military) offer a variety of mid price rolls with three or four ingredients. With Hayashi on Northlake and Yama on PGA and Asian Fin on Donald Ross there is no reason to go back to Ebisu.

Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

I am not a fan of sushi, but my daughter and I love Japanese food so we wanted to try this restaurant because of the reviews. It is a little more pricier than some other Japanese restaurants we have been to, but I think it's worth it. We both ordered the chicken teriyaki bento box. It was the best chicken teriyaki I have ever had. It tasted like steak. So tender, and very tasty. I loved the salad. The ginger dressing was so fresh. I ate the inside of my sushi and enjoyed it. (I don't care for seaweed) she said that compared to what she has had elsewhere, this was her favorite sushi. Definitely worth trying this restaurant.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Family run restaurant with really great sushi and traditional Japanese items at quite reasonable prices. Service is nice and quite friendly, can be a tad slow when they are too busy (not uncommon in a restaurant!)but the food makes up for it. The sushi is fresh and they have a myriad of combinations. Worth the visit. The tuna tower is excellent! Would definitely go back!