“Sushi was good, but I expected great”
Review of Umi Fishbar & Grill - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Umi Fishbar & Grill
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 22, 2012

For the price, the sushi should have had more taste and been more inventful. It is part of Carmines and they have a great reputation. They did have a robata grill, where food is cooked over wood coals in the Japanese style.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

We sat outside overlooking the marina at dusk and watched the sunset. Ate the crunchy tuna roll, a side of endamame and another sushi roll topped with rainbow fish. The restaurant feels very posh but is not too pricey.

Reviewed February 1, 2012

Great service with smile. Huge portions.Order half of what you normally do.
Skirt steak is the best item on the menu. Sushi is very clean and fresh.
Drinks are so-so. Kobe beef burgers are extraordinary - 10 $ each - surprise!
The decor is very sophisticated, bathroom has that NYC feeling - cool and up-to-date.
Overall - they exceeded our expectation.

1  Thank glamontheroad
Reviewed August 26, 2011

The first time we went with another couple the food was good and the service was ok as we had a waitress in training. We ordered from the pre fix menu but added a fried fish for an additional 7 dollars. The drinks were good and the food was prepared well. This was a Sat. night and the place had a good crowd.

We went back the following Wed. with another couple telling them of a pleasent experience. Everything had changed. We ordered from the same menu. I sent back a steak that I could not cut with a knife and my wife sent back scallops which were raw. When they brought the food out the second time they were the same food which was just as bad. They even brought out the same dish to my wife with one less scallop which she had already cut into and they were overly salted. When the waitress came with the check all of the food was still on the check. We asked her to get the manager but he had already prepared another bill and just took a chance that we would pay the larger and not say anything.

Two weeks later we went to the bar and decided after work to just get appetizers which were 6 dollars each until I believe 6PM. It took about 5 minutes for us to get the attention of the bartender who was busy chatting up a group of 4 young girls. Be aware that there are 2 sizes of rock glass and one is about an ounce larger that the other. He tried to give me the smaller but I asked him for the real size. We each ordered an appetizer and when we asked to see the menu again to order more food, he told us we missed the time for the 6 dollar special appetizers. They then opened the window at the end of the bar for the outside seating and it got very warm and humid inside.

The only reason to go here during the happy hour is the premium drinks are about 6 dollars each and if you only want to drink this is the place for the happy hour.

In my opinion there are a number of good restaurants with happy hours and good appetizers in our area and I will not frequent this place again. They act as if they do not need your business and in this case they will not get it any more. There are a lot of local restaurants that would love to have you!!!!!!!

Rick