DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel and Executive Meeting Center Palm Beach Gardens
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
“Middle of the road”
Reviewed March 2, 2007

My wife and I stayed here for two nights, Feb 14 & 15, while visiting family in the area. We booked the stay through Hotwire and got a rate of $106 per night, all taxes included. I wish I'd seen the other reviews here. Sounds as if I could have gotten it for about 50% less through Priceline. As it was, this hotel was the least expensive three star hotel on Hotwire in the Palm Beach area on the day that I booked it.

The property is very convenient to PBI: 15 minutes tops each way for us, but we were not traveling during rush hour. Check-in was efficient and courteous.

Our room was large, nicely furnished, and comfortable. We LOVED the Tempur-Pedic bed! The large, thin TV was great also.

The internet access via the TV for $10 per day was pathetic: slow connection and the format was worthless for checking newletters and stock quotes on Fool.com. I don't get it. The flat TV screen is huge compared to my 19" computer monitor at home, yet I could see only about 1/5th of a web page at a time, having to scroll up and down and left and right to read anything. I asked the desk for a refund, which they gave me promptly and courteously.

The bathroom was large and clean, with large, thick bath towels. The shower was a ridiculous trickle -- that was the most annoying aspect of our stay.

The pool area looked clean and adequate. We didn't use it.

Our room faced I-95, and we didn't hear any road noise.

Overall, an OK experience with a terrific bed and unacceptable water pressure in the shower. I would have liked it a lot better for $50-60 per night!

• Liked — bed
  • Disliked — shower
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank thomasjefferson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed March 2, 2007

The hotel possesses the typical Double Tree competence and amenities. They were very accommodating with our late check in. We were pleased to pull a DoubleTree reservation off of Priceline but that's probably why they stuck us in the wing facing I-95. The highway was a bit noisy but we were there for a business trip, not vacation. As soon as you hit that bed, you're asleep. It's some sort of comfort-pedic-memory sponge. Very, very comfortable. Also the television is a large LCD flat panel, another pleasant surprise. Other than sleeping, we spent little time in the hotel during our three night visit.

• Liked — Comfortable bed
  • Disliked — Interstate 95
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank Tampapair
Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed February 11, 2007

I stayed here with a friend as a good stop on my way down to the Keys. The hotel exceeded my expectations in almost every way. Upon entering, we found the lobby to be extra nice. Above average for a 3-star hotel.
Check-in was pleasant, efficient, and very professional.
Our room was obviously newly decorated. It has a huge desk, plasma television, granite countertop in the bath, and...much to our delight...Tempur-Pedic mattresses. That bed was one I didn't want to get out of. The bath was well-appointed, with a nice bowed-out shower rod and good water pressure.
The hotel also has free wireless Internet, and we had no trouble connecting, even on a higher floor far from the main area.

The only (slight!!) drawbacks were that there was only one trashcan for the whole room--in the bathroom--and there was a significant amount of noise. The wing we were in faced right at I-95. I was glad that I had brought my earplugs.

Downstairs, there's a full-service restaurant and a nice little convenience center serving Starbucks coffee. Great for grabbing on the run in the morning.

All in all, this was a great stay, especially on a Priceline bid of $60.

• Liked — Tempur-Pedic beds
  • Disliked — Highway noise
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled with friends
3 Thank Todd A
Rye, New York, USA
Reviewed January 29, 2007

Pricelined the hotel for US$50. We recieved exemplary service. We were traveling with a 13 month old and the staff went out of their way to accomodate. For example, no charge (usually $10) brought a huge fridge to the room. The crib they provided was standard - I rec. bringing along your babies blanket.

The bed though new mattress, isn't my style but we slept well. The rooms are spacious. The restaurant - ate the breakfast buffet for $10.95 - decent.

The bad - the water pressure in the room was horrible.

Our room faced out to the street - you could hear cars but it was tolerable.

Location was excellant.

Pool looked nice.

• Liked — Service
  • Disliked — Water Pressure
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank jmpjoy
Reviewed November 19, 2006

This is a pleasant hotel on a busy highway with good access to major roads like 95 and the FL turnpike. The hotel is in the shape of an L with the joining section being linked together by an outside concrete walkway. We were on the second floor. There was a garden next to it but I found walking outside after being in the air conditioning unpleasant and rather dark and spooky at night.. It seemed like we walked forever to get to our room. The hotel is really spread out. The rooms however were clean and well appointed.

The staff was great. The manager himself greeted us when we checked in and talked to us for a few minutes before we checked in.. The next day, we needed to go to a concert but our car’s navigation system couldn’t find it under the name we were given. (it had recently changed names) The front desk was helpful in looking up the concert’s address so we could program it. During our stay the staff remembered us as asked us how we liked the concert and if we had any trouble finding it. I was really impressed by them.

• Liked — friendly staff
  • Disliked — outdoor walkway
  • Tips/Secrets — pricelined it for $50
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled as a couple
3 Thank jayjaymag
ohio
Reviewed September 5, 2006

Hotel was contacted directly and the reservation agent stated that the hotel was located one block from beach--actuality 7 miles(had we known, then arrangements would have been made for rental car). Also the Front desk staff was unfriendly and unknowledgeable about the amenities within the surrounding area. Hotel restaurant was closed at 8 pm and when staff was asked about where to obtain food. No recommendations were known. When asked about an ATM location, the receptionist directed us to across the freeway (SunTrust Bank). After several trips to the aforementioned ATM, we noted a business center within the Doubletree hotel--right next to the reception desk--which had an ATM within) I would not stay here again!!

Stayed September 2006
2 Thank bear1528
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed July 12, 2006

I stayed two nights at the Doubletree Palm Beach Gardens for a business trip, and although it met my expectations vis-à-vis the $99 nightly rate, I would probably try a different hotel in the area if I come into town again.

First, the positives: The hotel staff was generally very nice and helpful, the bedding and bathroom amenities were consistent with other Hilton-brand hotels, and the location was close to restaurants and shopping. Despite the noticeable paint touch-ups on the wall, it was evident that the hotel had made an earnest effort to spruce things up. Unlike other reviewers, I didn't find the room furnishings to be retro; they must have recently replaced much of the furniture.

Now, the negatives: There was nothing glaring, per se, but there were certainly several little things that colored my overall perception of the property. Unlike other Doubletree's in which I've stayed, the shower in my room was noticeably dirty. There was visible soap scum on the towel bar, tile, and shower curtain, and the tub had a distinct black ring around its base. It's sounds like a minor thing, but it wouldn't have been too much work to clean it better. Also, the vent in the bathroom had dust caked on its outlet -- again, a minor thing, but noticeable nonetheless.

In the bedroom area, the carpet next to a/c unit was very damp from condensation (it's a good thing the room had indoor/outdoor carpeting), and I could hear it dripping from time to time (I wondered if there might be mold lurking underneath).

Lastly, the hotel was having problems with its keycard system. Both nights, I had to return to the front desk for a new key since mine would not open my room door. The front desk staff told me that they were working on the problem, and they were nice enough to give me a supply of six keys just in case I ran into the problem again.

Again, it wasn't bad property, but I would probably look at other hotels in the area before I booked this Doubletree again -- if no other reason because I had some concerns about the overall cleanliness of the room.

• Stayed July 2006, traveled on business