“The GREEN ROOMS are especially nice....”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel and Executive Meeting Center Palm Beach Gardens
SE Georgia
“The GREEN ROOMS are especially nice....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2010

I stayed at the Doubletree as it was referred to me by a friend that said they had "Eco-Friendly Rooms". Not only were there a number of the "standard green" features (dual recycling garbage cans, "don't change my sheets" signs, etc - there was also an ion air freshener in the room that definitely frershed the air.

I'd stay here again - great room, nice staff, execellent location for Palm Beach Gardens.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
nykball03, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel and Executive Meeting Center Palm Beach Gardens, responded to this review, June 18, 2010
Thank you so much for your response. It gives us great joy that you enjoyed our environment friendly concept. We are always looking for new ways to improve our facilities but maintain our GREEN aspect as well. Please let us know if there is any way we can make youe experience with us even better the next time you stay with us. Thanks again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
new jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2010

I stayed at the Doubletree Hotel in Palm Beach Gardens on the recommendation of my dear friend of 40 years, Carmen Scharibone, who recently bought a condo nearby. He was right about the place: first-class. I checked in on Easter Sunday and although there was no bellman, the young man (Deej) who registered me took me to my room, pullingmy bags along with him. Classy, I thought, and found out later in my trip that he was an assistant front desk manager. My room was great, the food terrific, the bar in and out just fine. I got to know Ashley, who was one of my top three employees during my 10 days, anad Justin, also working the front desk, and, of course, Deej. The pitfalls of an extended stay were very minor, although one front desk person, relatively new I found out, was disrespectful when I tried to get a quick 5 minute trip up PGA Boulevard to a restaurant. I was told I had to wait 20 minutes for the shuttle to get back. No problem. When it returned, the driver said he couldn't take me, and the foolish front desk person (who was disrespectful in front of his boss, who was frozen in her shoes) changed his tune and told the driver a different story. In the time these two clowns got done with their classless routine, they could have taken me to where I wanted to go. What can you do? Not everyone is born with commonsense. After a day, I told over this misstep and enjoyed my stay. Like I said, Justin, Ashley and Deej were the best -- my top 3 exployees. Bless them for their professionalism. I chatted for hours at the pool bar, Deej tried to make amends for ther shuttle snafu and Justin told me to the airport in the shuttle on departure. I found that Justin really cares about where he works even though management might not no it. He's a first-class guy. As for everything else, I really had no mjor complaints. I enjoyed my stay so much that I have already book 2 weeks in October. I'm looking forward to meeting my new friends and sharing stories, some funny, some serious. I hope Ashley, Deej and Justin are still there when I get back there. I'd love to take them to dinner and share even more stories. It's so rare that employees are so concerned with making a first-time visitor's stay so wonderful. That you all. Thank you very much. . . . Don Wilno (donwilno@yahoo.com)

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
Thank you so much for staying with us for the first time and for writing this extensive review. It brings me great joy knowing that our employees made you feel warm, welcome and were attentive to your needs. I will have you know that our employees will be here for you once again for when you arrive in October. I am extremely glad that we live up to our standards and a premier service oriented hotel. If you have any special requests or if there is anything we can do to make your experience with us even better, please feel free to let us know. Thank you so much once again.
West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2010

My husband and I enjoyed our stay at this hotel immensely.. The staff were phenomenal! We have never been treated so good! We stayed at a local five diamond bed and breakfast last year for our Anniversary and it didn't touch the experience we had at the Palm Beach Gardens Doubletree.. The staff was better, the food was better, the tempurpedic bed was better and the pure room was fabulous... I had tried to get a better rate at the bed and breakfast for the same time period, but I'm so glad it didn't work out. There was absolutely "no" comparison! The staff treated us like solid gold at this Doubletree and they far exceeded any expectations we had. They went so far above and beyond and made our 10th Anniversary the best one ever. It had nothing to do with money either... We got a phenomenally low rate and we got treated like celebrities. We are staying there again in a month (we live really close by and we go to the restaurant for dinner all the time; we came back the same day we checked out for the steak salad). We wholeheartedly suggest this hotel and we would stay there again and again. We had to drive around to realize we were in Palm Beach Gardens because we got such "Southern" hospitality in posh surroundings and with the finest staff and amenities...

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
It sounds like you had a wonderful 10th anniversary! I hope that it was nothing less than perfect.
Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2010

We were in WPB for a college visit and chose to stay at this particular Doubletree because it was close to everything we wanted to see. I have to say that it was the BEST experience we've had in a long time! When we checked in, we were greeted by an amazingly courteous and professional gentleman (Will Harris) at the front desk. He actually greeted us with a smile and made us feel as if he really appreciated us staying there! We stayed in a "Pure" room, which was perfect. The beds were EXTREMELY comfortable and the pillows just added icing to the cake! Every hotel employee was kind and helpful and never made us feel as if we were bothering them. The pool was clean, crystal clear and the perfect temperature. The General Manager, Michael McMahon, should be extremely proud of this facility and his staff. Because we had such a great experience, we will definitely recommend this hotel to everyone we know.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2010

My husband and I live and work locally at a local children's home, and when we need to get away this is where we stay for a mini vacation in our back yard. The rooms are great (clean, modern & plush...great linens and lots of pillows!) and the atmosphere is quite classy (room service available). The pool/garden area is very nice and include poolside "couch cabanas", chairs with cushions, hot tub, flowers and small waterfall. We were very impressed when visiting friends stayed there...we've been going back ever since whenever we get the chance. We were impressed and would definitely recommend it to family & friends!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
St. Louis, mo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2010

I can't say enough good things about this hotel! We had an excellent stay for a week and were most impressed with the quality of the room and the superb service provided by the staff (especially Ana & Fitzroy in the restaurant). The hotel location is quite convenient to all local attractions and is easy to access from both PGA Blvd. and Military. Thr food is very good and the bar is romantic. The only areas I would suggest being addressed is the lack of a night light in the bathroom and the door leading to our patio was difficult to open. Oh, and by the way, the pool is outstanding with both lounge chairs and cabanas available for use. If you're looking for an affordable place to stay while in the Palm Beach area, I truly recommend this facility!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
F. Lauderdale
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2010

pros: renovated lobby, nice pool area. cool fitness walk with the GM each morning, free parking, doubletree cookies!

cons: rooms outdated, musty looking glass elevators

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple