DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel and Executive Meeting Center Palm Beach Gardens
Reviewed March 21, 2010

I can't say enough good things about this hotel! We had an excellent stay for a week and were most impressed with the quality of the room and the superb service provided by the staff (especially Ana & Fitzroy in the restaurant). The hotel location is quite convenient to all local attractions and is easy to access from both PGA Blvd. and Military. Thr food is very good and the bar is romantic. The only areas I would suggest being addressed is the lack of a night light in the bathroom and the door leading to our patio was difficult to open. Oh, and by the way, the pool is outstanding with both lounge chairs and cabanas available for use. If you're looking for an affordable place to stay while in the Palm Beach area, I truly recommend this facility!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,190)

Reviewed March 20, 2010

pros: renovated lobby, nice pool area. cool fitness walk with the GM each morning, free parking, doubletree cookies!

cons: rooms outdated, musty looking glass elevators

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 28, 2010

I would recommend the Doubletree Hotel in Palm Beach Gardens to anyone looking for GREAT customer service, attention to detail, and an AMAZING management staff. I had some travel issues due to weather in the Northeast and Michael McMahon was able to work them out quickly, without any help from me -- allowing me to spend time with my family and friends. Also, the hotel is well-located by PGA food, shopping and entertainment.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed February 26, 2010

Oh, where do I start?
Hotel is old!
Pictures are not realistic at all.
Communication is extremely poor, I had a problem and 3 days in a row I passed messages to a manager, didn’t get as much as a phone call back.
Breakfast: don’t do it! Choice is poor, same products every day, impossible to get anyone to help you, the cheapest quality products you can find, and waitress wearing stupid leather jacket for 7 days in a row.
Garden area is beautiful just like in the pictures, but when they have conference in at he lunch time u might get about 50 people Q-in for the buffet located in the tent right beside wonderful sun chair where you are sunbathing.
Last day, during packing discovered that I am missing a shoe, rang help line, they said they will get back to me. An hour later there was no phone call, so I went downstairs and DEMANDED to talk to the manager. Explained what was happening for the duration of the stay, he had no idea. Shoe was found within 10 minutes, house keeping claiming I left it outside (stupid) and even if I would why didn’t they take the ice bucket and glasses that where left outside the door for 3 days?!
SHAME FOR THE WHOLE HILTON AND DOUBLETREE FAMILY.
I hope if didn’t leave anything out, really if am not a nag, but service was really and truly horrendous, and that just kills it for very comfy beds and gorgeous garden. Hope it helps.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 4, 2010

Yes lobby seems renovated and yes, pool area is esthetically pleasing but that's where my agreement with previous reviews stops. Not sure where those renovated rooms are. I asked about 30 folks in our group and all said rooms are dated, musty with old furniture and worn carpets and fixtures. What ticked me off though is some cheap savings this hotel is resorting to. First they usually have a shuttle that picks up folks from the airport but that stops when they have a large group coming in. They prefer folks to fork out $45 for a cab ride or $55 for a town car. Yes there is a shuttle for $22 but even at the airport it is not well advertised and even the transport desk there tries to find excuses to stop folks from using it. eg: you will have to wait 30-45mns etc (I waited 5 mns). Hotel still uses the shuttle to ferry airplane personnel though but not regular Joes like us when we are too many. 2nd cheap move: limited number of USA Today newspapers, Not that I read that rubbish anyway but as I came 2 days before the main meeting, a newspaper was left at the doorsteps of occupied rooms. Later on when there were more folks staying, that stopped. Probably because they did not want to buy extra ones. 3rd, food is so so and expensive, At lunch they try hard to push their $20 buffet which is not worth it, a la carte is a bit cheaper but food is ordinary. My advice: just cross the street and you have a dozen restaurants at the strip mall next door. Range from high end places to delis. Final advice: until they clean up their act, stay at the other chain hotels in the area. They cost the same and are in better shape and more customer friendly

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed January 19, 2010

We just stayed at this hotel located conveniently on PGA Blvd in Palm Beach Gardens. This hotel was perfect for our needs. It is located close to many different places to eat and shop, close to the beach and close to 1-95. The hotel is attractively decorated and our room was comfortable and clean. The business center was great! And I can't help but mention the awesome cookies we got at check-in.

My only issue is that sometimes the cleaning staff is slow to clean rooms. We were gone for 4 1/2 hours one day and came back and THEN they cleaned our room. So we went down to the bar and had a drink while we waited.

The pool area is very nice and tropical. I enjoyed this hotel and would stay again.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 9, 2010

I have stayed at the Double Tree twice and both visits have been fine. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. The rooms very nice and comfortable. The pool is great. They are not near the beach, but they are convenient for getting to the beach and visiting my mother. I will definitely stay here the next time I visit.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family