DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel and Executive Meeting Center Palm Beach Gardens
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Overall Good, but several issues, that were addressed afterwards, but some that were not. Front Desk Staff - GOOD Initially missed an opportunity to prevent a problem, but came to the rescue after the problem was created. "Pet floor"- The Bad Without being told I was on the floor or asked if I wanted to be in the floor. Is this because I was a Priceline customer? NOT GOOD Houskeeping- The Ugly Staff talking in spanish about non spanish speaking guests, as we walked by, NOT GOOD Security- BAD Back door wouldn't lock and even close properly. I notified the front desk immediately, and the responded, but it should have been checked daily. Door was at the back of the hotel, out of sight and no security. Breakfast- OK Food was good, but room was cold and made the food get cold very quickly. Staff more interested in talking about what they did last night, across the room, so everyone could hear. Since I didn't get any sleep the night before, because of dogs barking, I wasn't in the mood to listen to their social calendar Overall- GOOD There are several issues that need and MUST be addressed by management. But, I think when informed, they moved quickly to resolve, but some issues a guest shouldn't have to tell management/staff about, like the back door.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
glenn s, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel and Executive Meeting Center Palm Beach Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

Thank you for taking the time from your busy day to complete and return the guest survey about your recent visit to our hotel. It is only with honest and timely feedback that we can respond to guest concerns and prevent their recurrence. Your response was sent not only to me, but also to all the key managers in our hotel so that we learned about your specific experience and made appropriate responses.

Our deepest apologies that we did not meet your expectations during your most recent stay with us in such areas as housekeeping staff speaking in spanish about other guests, security within the hotel, and the issues with being placed on a pet friendly floor. It is from individuals such as you who share their experience with us that enable us to correct our shortfalls for future guests. You will be glad to know that we have just recently dropped being a pet friendly hotel, and that we have address the issue with staff members speaking about other guests.

Again, thank you for your helpful response and your business. We hope that you will return if your travel plans call for you to be in the Palm Beach Gardens area, and that you contact me directly so that I may assist you with your reservations.

glenn.spanier@hilton.com

Write a ReviewReviews (1,193)

Reviewed November 12, 2013

From the front desk to the rooms and grounds. I really liked the memory foam mattress and pillow selection- very nice. The large flat panel tv over the desk was easy to see from the entire room even as you work at the desk. Wifi was fast and no problem to access as in some other area hotels.
The coffee brewer placed on the desk is a nice touch because usually they are far from your work space and not used much. I actually drank some as I worked and it was a nice change.
I will be back!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
glenn s, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel and Executive Meeting Center Palm Beach Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

As always we greatly appreciate our guests taking the time to share their experience both with us and other travelers on TripAdvisor. We were pleased to hear that we exceeded your expectations in such areas as overall staff friendliness, and the comfort of the bed.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

I really like the room set up with the large TV over the desk. Memory foam mattress was very comfortable and I actually drank all the coffee offered and got more bc it was so tasty and convenient on the desk. Nice touch. Plenty of plugs for phone and laptop etc- thanks for not making me move the bed for a plug!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for the wonderful remarks about your most recent stay with us here at the DoubleTree Palm Beach Gardens. I have also share your comments with the hotel staff, and was pleased to hear that everyone was accommodating. We look forward to welcoming you back again if your travels bring you to the Palm Beach Gardens area.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

Well I was not quite as impressed as others. I travel frequently and this was not one of my better experiences. The room was tired and the hall carpets need an update. Our hallway starting on the 4th day had a terrible odor that lingered for days. The sink in the bathroom and the toilet was so low it was very difficult to use. I totally understand they is ADA compliancy but this was to the extreme. The daily warm cookies was a nice touch and the gentleman at the restaurant/bar was extremely pleasant. Their tea selection was very poor - didn't even have a breakfast tea. Everyday I woke up with a sore back due to the hardness of the bed. Our breakfast free passes were taken from the desktop on our second day. There was no robe and with today's limitation on suitcase weight it would be nice if they would provide one. They did appear to be a pet friendly hotel so I will give them a thumbs up for that feature. I usually have a better stay at Hilton Hotels.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
glenn s, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel and Executive Meeting Center Palm Beach Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor. I am disappointed that your visit with us was not as pleasant as we all would have liked. Your feedback is greatly appreciated as it allows us to perfect our service moving forward. Our deepest apologies for falling short to your expectations in such areas as hallway's needing an upgrade, along with the cleanliness of the hallways, and the uncomfortable bed in the room. We were pleased to hear that you enjoy our warm cookies daily, and that the gentleman in the restaurant/bar was very pleasant.

Thank you for your time to review the property, and hope we can again rebuild your trust in us for any future visits to the Palm Beach Gardens area.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

I have been on a multi-hotel trip. From the moment I stepped into the hotel, the staff was welcoming-a nice change. They had the packages that were sent in advance and told me that right away. Normally, no one knows anything about them and I need to chase them down.

I ran a seminar and the attention I received was amazing. You would have thought I was their only function. At all times I had one or more people making sure everything was perfect.
They even tracked down a battery for me when the one in my microphone died!

They set up a luncheon for us last minute, and even repeated it on the next day when the number of attendees was halved.

Jorge Daniells and his staff, (sorry I don't remember the others' names-except Sebastion) are at the absolute top of my list, and I'm sure we will have many more seminars at that location.

Room Tip: I stayed in the wing of the hotel accessed by a covered walkway. I would ask next time to stay in t...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
glenn s, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel and Executive Meeting Center Palm Beach Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

As always we greatly appreciate our guests taking the time to share their experience both with us and other travelers on TripAdvisor. We were pleased to hear that Jorge and his staff as well as Sebastien exceeded your expectations in the area of overall customer service.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

Stayed at the hotel for 4 days 2 weeks ago. I was impressed with how the staff cared about there jobs!. Sergio at the front desk was very nice and took care of my special needs with my luggage

When I got to the room it was clean well appointed and very relaxing..

There are 2 other staff members that went above and beyond Sebasti and Lucas. Great smiles and very friendly. After a long day on the road it is nice to settle in and relax with out trouble.

I recommend this property if you are in the area!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for the wonderful remarks about your most recent stay with us here at the DoubleTree Palm Beach Gardens. I have also share your comments with the hotel staff, and was pleased to hear that everyone was accommodating. We were pleased to hear that we exceeded your expectations on room cleanliness, and that staff members such as Sergio, Sebastein, and Lucas provided you with great customer service.

We look forward to welcoming you back again if your travels bring you to the Palm Beach Gardens area, and have a great week.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

I've stayed at this property twice and each time I've had a good experience. The staff was friendly, the property clean, the rooms were good and the cookies received at check-in are wonderful. They are renovating the property so my last stay was slightly different from my first but no complaints. The hotel restaurant had a good breakfast although I'd like to see non-pork meat added to the menu. Overall I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
glenn s, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel and Executive Meeting Center Palm Beach Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

As always we greatly appreciate our guests taking the time to share their experience both with us and other travelers on TripAdvisor. We were pleased to hear that we exceeded your expectations in such areas as overall customer service, and room cleanliness.

Again, thank you for your time to review the property, and we hope that you will stay with us again if your travels bring you back to the Palm Beach Gardens area. Enjoy the balance of the week and just a friendly reminder that this Saturday we turn the clocks back one hour.