DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel and Executive Meeting Center Palm Beach Gardens
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Although a bit run down, the hotel is very convenient to the airport, the beach, and shopping.
Nice pool area with cabanas/outside sleeping/resting areas.
I understand they allow pets (didn't need this but it is a nice feature)
They also have smoking rooms which is more rare all the time (though I didn't need this either)
The bar area and lobby area are chic

Room for improvement:
- only option is feather pillows that provide no support for the head/neck
- sink in bathroom, and light switch seem to be about 6 inches to short/low
- overall paint job would be nice
- rooms facing the highway are a bit loud (so I was told - we were facing the pool area)

Room Tip: Try for a pool/garden view to avoid traffic sounds from nearby route 95.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Manny O, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel and Executive Meeting Center Palm Beach Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Thank you for your review of our hotel. Your are correct, that we are are a pet friendly hotel and that we offer smoking rooms. I also apreciate your comments about our great location, chic lobby and bar and our nice pool area with cabanas.
We hope to see you in the near future.

Regards,

Reviewed February 4, 2013

Stayed for only a night for my birthday. Convienent location, right off of I-95. It has many nice restaurant within walking distance and or very inexpensive cab ride. Lobby is very nice lobby and the staff is very helpful and non-judgemental. There were 2 Ferrari's parked out front not sure if they were staying however, it wouldn't surprise me with the elegance of this place.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Manny O, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel and Executive Meeting Center Palm Beach Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2013

Thank you for your kind review and for choosing to stay with us on your birthday and pointing out the friendly staff, great location and our elegant hotel.
Stop by my office located in the lobby of the hotel, on your next trip to our area and say hello.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Spent two nights in this hotel, with a pet. Treated like a second class citizen. Room was smelly, ground floo. there was a huge noisy machinery that went off and on outside the room all night. the air conditioner was noisy. they slapped a $ 75.00 (unexpected) non refundable pet fee over the already inflated room rate, (given that the room, aside from being smelly and noisy was small, inconvenient). Then I was required to sign a "pet document" that was simply insulting in it's terms. Insult to injury. Oh, but, my goodness, when i checked in, wonder of wonders!!! i was offered a "warm cookie"...oh, but I wasn't offered help with my luggage, had to insist on it, and the personnel were slightly "put out" that they needed to call someone to help me. (I'm a female, was by myself with a pet, had driven for hours before arriving there...tired...oh...but, after all, I was offered a "warm cookie"...) There is no place to eat in the hotel, when I went downstairs and asked I was bluntly told, "no dinner"...no suggestion about where to go, just "no dinner". service was lacklustre at best. nice lobby didn't prepare me for the substandard room and service. Can't believe this is a Hilton Property. Quite silly that they offer a carbohydrate laden "warm cookie" and attach so much importance to a silly bit of nonsense. What might be better is to offer good accommodations and even a semblance of service. There were so many things that were offensive, not the least of which was the internet service was not the highest speed, for that you had to shell out a few more dollars. Shocking.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Lindy A

Thank you for your feedback. As I stated in my email to you, I'm terribly sorry to hear that your stay was not all that you expected it to be. We've addressed the customer service and maintenance issues you experienced with our team and apologize for any discomfort. We’re also sorry that our pet policy didn't meet your needs. Your, comments will help us improve our policies and serve our guests better in the future. I thank you for your kind reply to my email and allowing us the opportunity to provide you with a memorable stay in the future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Such a wonderful experience, great location, superb staff- Love the Double Tree way....
Pool and spa area are great and the poolside cabanas are extremely comfortable. We were attending a family function at a nearby resort and the staff made traveling back and forth a breeze.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for this outstanding review and taking the time to recognize our superb staff, our great pool area, comfortable cabanas and "Loving the DoubleTree Way..."
Hope to see you again!!!

General manager

Reviewed February 1, 2013

I spent a night in this hotel in the last fortnight and it was the worse experience I have had in any hotel. The room was on the ground floor and the inside of the door was damaged at the bottom. The smell in the room was horrendous and as a result I had a headache for much of the next day.The ac unit was noisy and when that quietened down the fridge started up as bad as the ac. I asked to see the manager the next morning but she was not available until later. I will not return to this hotel

Room Tip: do not stay on ground floor
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank bridieryan
Manny O, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel and Executive Meeting Center Palm Beach Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2013

Thank you for alerting us to the issues you encountered during your stay and I'm truly sorry for the experience you had. We want all guests to feel very comfortable and relaxed while they're our guest and apologize that we did not come through in offering you this. I'm actively working with our housekeeping and maintenance teams to freshen guest rooms and neutralize any mechanical noises. I am very grateful that you brought these concerns to our attention and would like to personally apologize. Please direct message me your contact information so I may speak with you about your experience. I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Reviewed January 26, 2013

I stayed here over 4 nights on a business trip and the property definitely needs some upgrading. The Executive Meeting Center is great - the staff there is terrific and there is food everywhere so you never go hungry. I especially like the ice cream they roll out in the afternoon.

The lobby is also quite nice. However the rooms are another story. A few complaints I had are:
1. The shower drains very slowly. After a 5 minute shower you are standing in water up to your shins.
2. The toilet is barely functional - reminded me of toilets down in Mexico.
3. If you are on the back side of the hotel you will hear traffic, traffic, and more traffic. The sliding glass doors in the room are original equipment and offer hardly any sound buffer. The drapes actually cut down the traffic noise more than the slider. Outside is I-95, an exit ramp, and the service road. Ask for a room facing the pool - much better and quieter.
4. I think it is a pet friendly hotel - saw a few dogs being walked on the property

I did not pick the hotel for the business meeting and I would not stay here if it was my decision.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the pool. All other rooms face traffic and are loud.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank texasgringogator
Manny O, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel and Executive Meeting Center Palm Beach Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Thank you for your kind remarks concerning our" terriffic staff, great Executive Meeting Center and nice lobby." However, we are very sorry if you did not enjoy our exterior room of our hotel and our bathroom, as we want to make every effort to ensure our rooms meet our high expectations as well as our guests. We understand that it's the little things that help to make your stay more comfortable and we are very sorry we missed the mark.
We will be offering extra training to our housekeeping and engineering staff, so that the missteps you encountered do not happen again.
I hope to see you again soon for a much better experience.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

Every time I come here, I always have to find time to spend poolside, it is beautiful! My room was nice and the bed was awesome. The staff was great and the cookie was nice too. Since when did I have to use 200 characters to write a review?

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Manny O, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel and Executive Meeting Center Palm Beach Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Thank you for your kind review and sharing the great staff we have and how every time you stay with us how you "have to find time to spend poolside, it is beautiful." and relax on our awesome bed and lets not forget our COOKIE.
Please stop by and say hello on your next trip to our hotel, and I will personally hand you one of our delious DoubleTree cookies.