“82nd Airborne Division Association Banquet”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel and Executive Meeting Center Palm Beach Gardens
Reviewed December 10, 2012

For the second consecutive year we held our annual Installation of Officers Banquet at this DoubleTree Hotel in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida. Working with Sales Manager Robin Gutilla and EMC Planner Miranda Johnson was a true delight. They are both very professional and know how to please their clients.

The night of the banquet we worked with Jose Daniells, Banquet Manager and his staff who were oustanding. Jose paid attention to every detail and even ran the projector for us. Server Pilar and Chef Manuel were especially helpful and courteous and the food was superb.

Thanks for a wonderful and memorable event. SEE YOU AGAIN NEXT YEAR!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Barry C
Manny O, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel and Executive Meeting Center Palm Beach Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2012

Thank you for this wonderful review, I have shared your comments with the staff and they wanted me to thank you for taking the time to recognize their hard work and we look forward to being your host next year.
Happy Holidays from the Staff at the DoubleTree Hotel PGA...
Gemeral Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,196)

Reviewed December 4, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for one night. Initially I was disappointed that we had a ground floor room. However, the ground floor rooms open up into lush gardens, not the pool or other communal area, so it was secluded. The room was super clean, the bed was comfy and the service was excellent - especially Taylor at the front desk. I would definitely stay again. One gripe, if I have one, is that you have to pay for breakfast.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank simmons0317
Manny O, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel and Executive Meeting Center Palm Beach Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2012

Thank you for your kinds words concerning your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate your comments concerng the "super clean room which opened onto our lush gardens" and the excellent service you recieved, and I wish you could have been here to see the look on Taylor's face when I gave her a copy of your review, it was PRICELESS.
We thank you for staying with us and HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!

Reviewed December 4, 2012

We stayed at a very busy time, Thanksgiving & USA field hockey festival. Our first room had a toilet that wasn't functioning properly, after quickly trying to fix, they moved us to another room. I have to say how a hotel handles a problem means everything! They took us to our new room, immediately, the gentleman who was doing the repairs called got the new room let us in and had someone bring us our new keys. No fussing with luggage back to the lobby, just straight away handled & resolved. After a long day of traveling that was appreciated. The buffet breakfast included for the players & families was convenient. Even though the hotel was very full, we did not think it was loud and were able to sleep & get up early for our games. Thank you for being prepared & staffed for such a busy time.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share this great review about you stay at our hotel during the Field Hockey Tournment.
I was please to see your wonderful comments... "the manner in which the staff handles a problem means everything" and I thank you for recognizing their efforts.
As you you thanking the hotel "for being prepared & staffed for such I busy time", I must thank you for choosing our hotel, as I know you had more than 15 other hotels to choose from.
Happy Holiday and hope to see you next year.
Manny O'Neill

the problem in your room, and how we s we are not perfect, but how you recover

Reviewed November 12, 2012

What a wonderful place to hold a meeting. The facility is excellent and can be configured for any size group. The staff is superior! They take care of all your needs with a smile. The food is terrific as well.
As a board member for a local women's networking group I can attest to how well this hotel takes care of your needs. Jose Daniells, Pilar Gallego, Diana Cozzan, Manny Holguin, Oscar Cabrera, Maria Ramirez and Robin Ramos are the BEST. They are there to set up more tables, fix the AV equipment, replenish the buffet, serve the coffee and clear the tables without anything but a smile and letting us know how the appreciate us! We are really the ones who appreciate them!
Our group has met at several other local hotels and restaurants, but this is by far superior! Thanks guys!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Manny O, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel and Executive Meeting Center Palm Beach Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

Thank you for this great review concerning your Catering events at our hotel and your comments concerning the professionalism and caring of our staff and how they went beyond the call of duty.
Thank you again and we look forward to the opportunity of hosting your next event.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

I am so impressed with the professionalism and caring of the Staff which handle our catering events. They go above and beyond the call of duty. Also, the food (both for breakfast and lunch events) is outstanding...not your typical buffet as the food is very fresh and tasty. I would recommend that any organization utilize the DoubleTree in Palm Beach Gardens for their events. I have also attended evening events and they do a fantastic job on setting stages, etc. The staff who I work with and am very pleased is Pilar Gallego, Diana Cozzan, Manny Holguin, Jose Daniells, Maria Ramirez, Robin Romas and Oscar Cabrera, My hats off to all of them! Because I am local, I have not personally stayed in the rooms, however I have heard from business travelors that they were very happy with the rooms and staff as well.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your kind words concerning the superior service you revieved during your recent meeting at our hotel and for taking the time to recognize several of our outstanding staff.
I have shared your review with the staff and I wish you were here to see the smiles on their faces, it was PRICELESS.
If you would stop by my office the next time you have a meeting at our hotel, I would like to personally thank you for your kind words.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Came for a wedding and stayed 2 nights. Everything was clean, new, modern. Comfy beds. free (slow) wifi, though if I had plugged in or paid $10 it would have been faster. Right next to a CVS that has any sort of forgotten item you might need to pick up, as well as beer/wine. Room had a small drink fridge, so that could be convenient. Quiet, and has a medium sized, but nice, pool and jacuzzi area. They ran out of towels, but I was too lazy to ask for more. Hotel bar was very hospitable to the wedding guests each night after festivities, and breakfast was also very good. Nothing totally amazing here, but you get predictable quality and cleanliness for a good price.

• Stayed: November 2012
Manny O, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel and Executive Meeting Center Palm Beach Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Thank you for your taking the time to share your positive experience at our hotel and pointing out how clean of a hotel we have and how hospitalbe our staff were to your wedding attendee's.
We hope to have the opportunity to be your host n the near future.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

We stayed in this hotel this past Friday and Saturday night. We came in late and checked in late. To our delight (or so we thought) We were automatically "upgraded" to a "Pool view" room for an extra $20 per night. Only problem is our room (620) had really limited view. You can see the trees surrounding the pool area great, but the pool, not so much.

Anyway, when submitting the reservation I clearly stated my preferences were high floor, close to the elevator. We did get put on the top floor, but our room was the furthest possible from the elevator. Not something I felt I should complain about, but still an annoyance.

The room did have an odor when we walked in, almost like someone had hidden a sweaty pair of gym socks somewhere and the maids didn't find them. Again, not something we wanted to make a fuss about, as we got used to it within about 20 minutes.

Saturday morning, we left the hotel around 8AM. We did the things we had to do for the day and came back around 2:15 or so. We noticed our room had not been cleaned. We needed to change for an event we were attending, so we hung the do not disturb sign on the door and showered and got dressed. We left the hotel again around 3PM, and removing the do-not-disturb sign on our way back out.

Around 9PM, we arrive back at the hotel and walked into our room to find it has still not been cleaned. I walked down to the front desk and was told that the room was not cleaned because the do not disturb sign was on the door when the maid came by. I explained that the sign had only been out for at a maximum of 30-45 minutes and asked that they send someone up to clean it while we socialized with some of our friends. Her response was that there was no housekeeping staff in the hotel at that hour and the most she would do was send up fresh towels.

My wife was the first to go back to the room, and I came up later after she was asleep. I did not think to look for the towels before going to bed. It wasn't until the next morning that I found out that instead of towels, they had hung a bag of coffee cups and toiletries on our door handle (they didn't even bring them inside) - and completely forgot our towels.

None of these things in and of itself is really a big deal, but the combination of all of them made for an unpleasant experience. I was super annoyed with with the front desk's attendant's attitude when I was requesting my room be cleaned. All I wanted was a clean room and it almost seemed like she was implying I shouldn't have been in the shower at the time the maid came by.

Sorry, as your consumer, I shouldn't have to know or care what your housekeeping schedule is. I would also think that if you go by a room at one point during your shift and it says do not disturb, you should at least make an attempt to go back before your shift is out. That one little check and balance would have kept them from getting this review.

Not saying I won't be back, I still believe in the Hilton brand, but this time a few things just kind of slipped through the cracks. Not impressed, and the desk staff didn't seem to care. All I can say is that I expected more from a DoubleTree.

Room Tip: Please ask to see the view and verify you can actually see the pool before paying extra for "Po...