“Business luncheons are handled with utmost professionalism”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel and Executive Meeting Center Palm Beach Gardens
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
“Business luncheons are handled with utmost professionalism”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

The organizations I work with are all local, so I can not comment on the rooms. But, I CAN comment on the great location (right off of 1-95 and PGA) and I would like to share my thoughts on the catering events I have planned and executed at the DoubleTree by Hilton. I highly recommend holding a breakfast or lunch at the DoubleTree. The food on the buffet has always been fresh, tasty and well presented. Equally as impressive is the STAFF!!!!! The staff is well trained to anticipate a customer's needs, and act on those needs without coaching. They make adjustments from adding seating & place settings to setting up last minute A/V hookups appear seamless. I would like to give particular mention to Jose Daniells, Pilar Gallego, Diana Cozzan, Manny Holguin, Oscar Cabrera, Maria Ramirez and Robin Ramos. With their continued assistance, (and yes, we have had the same staff for almost the entire year!) we have experienced the ultimate in customer service! Kudos to a terrific venue, incredible staff, and all you do to create memorable events for those of us in the community.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Manny O, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel and Executive Meeting Center Palm Beach Gardens, responded to this review, October 27, 2012
Thank you so much for this greaty review, I can not be more proud of our staff, that they were able to provide you with the superior service you have stated in this review.
On behalf of the staff you have noted, I say Thank You from a proud General Manager!!!
Manny O'Neill

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Our Church just finished our Marriage Enrichment Retreat at this location. I've received outstanding reviews from everyone who attended. They raved about the service quality, the food and the comfort of the rooms. I was mostly impressed with how unexpected requests were met, the staff (no matter who we approached) was efficient in granting the request WITHOUT DISPLAYING A NEGATIVE ATTITUDE! We had a great time at a great place. I commend the entire staff and we look forward to future events.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Manny O, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel and Executive Meeting Center Palm Beach Gardens, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Thank you for this great review concerning your Church’s Retreat and the rave reviews you received from your attendee’s about our quality of service, food, and comfort of our rooms.
What was most gratifying to read was how impressed you were, with the manner in which the staff handled your unexpected requests, as it is our culture to provide our guests with a memorable experience.
Thank you again and we look forward to the opportunity of hosting your next Retreat.
Manny O’Neill
General Manger
miami beach
Reviewed September 28, 2012

The GM Manny O'Neill is the most terrible hotel employee I have ever interacted with. I highly recommend do NOT hold a meeting here. I had a terrible experience with Manny O'Neill and this hotel. The other hotel staff is nice, but when I had a problem the GM was very difficult to deal with and refused to help.

Room Tip: I have stayed over 1100 nights in hotels and my tip is to NOT stay here. There are other great opti...
Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank miamibeach2009
Manny O, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel and Executive Meeting Center Palm Beach Gardens, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
It is unfortunate for all when we cannot resolve any guest complaint. This complaint was not about the meals or the food service but about the billing used in charging the guests account, and how it would be interpreted by his corporate office.
I offered to supply a new bill which he did not want, stating it would look "fishy". I offered to personally call his supervisor and or his accounting department to explain the meal charge but he refused. The guest wanted to be credited for the full amount of $80.64 for the meals his group consumed and when I advised him that I could not credit him for all the meals without speaking with his company on his behalf, he responded he would post negative reviews about our hotel.
St. Louis, MO
Reviewed September 5, 2012

We traveled for spring break to see our St. Louis Cardinals play & stayed here. It was modern, clean & an ok value for the cost. I felt it expensive but given the area and the late booking it is what we had to deal with. When we got there the front desk was confused about our 3 rooms and had 2 of them entered incorrectly. There must have been a shift change because it took 4 people and over a half an hour at 11pm to help us get keys and take our 4 year old & 5 year old up to bed. The food at their restaurant was great for breakfast but we didn't try it for lunch or dinner. Service there was great the hostess/waitress remembered us the 2nd day & was very helpful. The pool is beautiful & clean with a serene, lush, tropical garden path winding around and a cabana. However, it was deep & boring for small children. Vending was sparse & the coffee shop/ sundry area closed early on us on Sunday. Very early. Which sucks when you have children. But it is nestled between two main thoroughfares and mini-malls await with lots of great restaurants, shops, gas stations & convenience stores. Easy to and from the airport. Great overall.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Manny O, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel and Executive Meeting Center Palm Beach Gardens, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel, and I apolgize for the delay with your check-in, but as you stated, we were in shift change and I have spoken with the staff and taken corrective action to insure this does not happen in the future.
I can't tell you how thrill our restaurant and kitchen staff were, when I shared your review, as they take great pride in provding outstanding food and service and I am only sorry you were not able to enjoy lunch or dinner, but maybe on your next trip.
Your comments concerning our location, is right on; it is the perfect location for the families or business traveller's, with so many great resturants and shopping to meet all price points.
I hope you have the opportunity to return to our hotel and if you do, please stop by my office and say hello.
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I've stayed at the Doubletree a few times, this last experience wasn't up to par like the others. The location is good, easy on/off of the Interstate. The staff was friendly and all, my room was located near the lobby and I could hear a lot of noise in the mornings and late at night. Normally I wouldn't mind, but I was there on business. The room was very spacious and clean. The pool area was clean. Not sure if I'd stay here again if I come back, might want to try other hotels.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel and I apolgize for assigning you to one of our first floor rooms, that we normally do not assign to the business traveller.
I would like to know and have taken your comments to coach our front office team, on the importance of assigning the appropriate rooms, to our leisure and business travellers which in your case we did not do.
I appreciate your comments concerning our friendly staff, clean pool, spacious and clean rooms.
I hope we have the opportunity, of being your host in the near future and provding you with a memorable stay.
Reviewed September 4, 2012

excellent service and accomodations. The people at the reception desk were always ready to assist in a very professional manner. The rooms are great and very clean. The restaurant and pool aerea also were excellent. Thanks to all of the employees we had a very great and relaxing vacation.

Room Tip: higher floors have less A/C unit noise.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
We appreciate you taking the time to share this great review, as our staff works so hard in trying to provide each of our guest with a memorable experience, which in your case were successful.
I have posted your review in each of our departments and I can tell you, you have made many of our staff beam with pride, because of your kind words.
On behalf of the staff at the DoubleTree Palm Beach Gardens, we thank you for your business and hope to see you again.
A Proud General Manager...
Kitchener, Canada
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We were on a working vacation on the East Coast of Florida and were lucky to find a great sale price for the Doubletree in Palm Beach Garden. The hotel and grounds were well taken care of and the staff were exceptional. Friendly and responsive. Pool was warm and inviting and breakfast at the on site restaurant provided good value for an upscale hotel. A grocery store and mall is across the street and a pharmacy and service station are strategically located next to the hotel. Highway 95 was a half block away and the large malls were simply across the highway. All was very convenient and suited our needs and wants. The Palm Beach Airport was about 10 minute drive and given the air traffic patterns there was no noise from arriving or departing aircraft.
We did note one side of the hotel does face the highway and that could be a problem. We asked and were given an upgraded room facing the courtyard and pool. Perfect. We received very good value and recommend the hotel for its staff, convenience, cleanliness, convenience and services. Only negative I could foresee is traffic noise for those patrons that end up facing the freeway, particularly those rooms closest to the highway. I should note our room seemed very soundproof and we did not hear anyone next door, above or below us. Kids enjoying the pool when we did have the patio door open was the one exception. Having been parents the sound of kids laughing and splashing brought back great memories.

Room Tip: Try discount online resellers. It worked for us and the hotel even upgraded us!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thanks for this wonderful review and I was thrilled to read that you were able to combine work and vacation, while staying at our hotel.
Your comments concerning our exceptional, friendly and responsive staff, and noting what a great location we have to shopping and restaurants, is much appreciated.
I was pleased that our staff was able to provide you with a complimentary upgrade to one of our poolside rooms and your comment concerning the "sounds of kids laughing and spashing of brought back great memories," was PRICELESS.
Again thank you for this great review and we hope to see you soon.