“Terrible Hotel. Do not have a meeting there.”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel and Executive Meeting Center Palm Beach Gardens
Reviewed September 28, 2012

The GM Manny O'Neill is the most terrible hotel employee I have ever interacted with. I highly recommend do NOT hold a meeting here. I had a terrible experience with Manny O'Neill and this hotel. The other hotel staff is nice, but when I had a problem the GM was very difficult to deal with and refused to help.

Room Tip: I have stayed over 1100 nights in hotels and my tip is to NOT stay here. There are other great opti...
Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank miamibeach2009
Manny O, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel and Executive Meeting Center Palm Beach Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

It is unfortunate for all when we cannot resolve any guest complaint. This complaint was not about the meals or the food service but about the billing used in charging the guests account, and how it would be interpreted by his corporate office.
I offered to supply a new bill which he did not want, stating it would look "fishy". I offered to personally call his supervisor and or his accounting department to explain the meal charge but he refused. The guest wanted to be credited for the full amount of $80.64 for the meals his group consumed and when I advised him that I could not credit him for all the meals without speaking with his company on his behalf, he responded he would post negative reviews about our hotel.
Manny O'Neill

Write a ReviewReviews (1,214)

Reviewed September 5, 2012

We traveled for spring break to see our St. Louis Cardinals play & stayed here. It was modern, clean & an ok value for the cost. I felt it expensive but given the area and the late booking it is what we had to deal with. When we got there the front desk was confused about our 3 rooms and had 2 of them entered incorrectly. There must have been a shift change because it took 4 people and over a half an hour at 11pm to help us get keys and take our 4 year old & 5 year old up to bed. The food at their restaurant was great for breakfast but we didn't try it for lunch or dinner. Service there was great the hostess/waitress remembered us the 2nd day & was very helpful. The pool is beautiful & clean with a serene, lush, tropical garden path winding around and a cabana. However, it was deep & boring for small children. Vending was sparse & the coffee shop/ sundry area closed early on us on Sunday. Very early. Which sucks when you have children. But it is nestled between two main thoroughfares and mini-malls await with lots of great restaurants, shops, gas stations & convenience stores. Easy to and from the airport. Great overall.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Manny O, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel and Executive Meeting Center Palm Beach Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel, and I apolgize for the delay with your check-in, but as you stated, we were in shift change and I have spoken with the staff and taken corrective action to insure this does not happen in the future.
I can't tell you how thrill our restaurant and kitchen staff were, when I shared your review, as they take great pride in provding outstanding food and service and I am only sorry you were not able to enjoy lunch or dinner, but maybe on your next trip.
Your comments concerning our location, is right on; it is the perfect location for the families or business traveller's, with so many great resturants and shopping to meet all price points.
I hope you have the opportunity to return to our hotel and if you do, please stop by my office and say hello.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

I've stayed at the Doubletree a few times, this last experience wasn't up to par like the others. The location is good, easy on/off of the Interstate. The staff was friendly and all, my room was located near the lobby and I could hear a lot of noise in the mornings and late at night. Normally I wouldn't mind, but I was there on business. The room was very spacious and clean. The pool area was clean. Not sure if I'd stay here again if I come back, might want to try other hotels.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel and I apolgize for assigning you to one of our first floor rooms, that we normally do not assign to the business traveller.
I would like to know and have taken your comments to coach our front office team, on the importance of assigning the appropriate rooms, to our leisure and business travellers which in your case we did not do.
I appreciate your comments concerning our friendly staff, clean pool, spacious and clean rooms.
I hope we have the opportunity, of being your host in the near future and provding you with a memorable stay.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

excellent service and accomodations. The people at the reception desk were always ready to assist in a very professional manner. The rooms are great and very clean. The restaurant and pool aerea also were excellent. Thanks to all of the employees we had a very great and relaxing vacation.

Room Tip: higher floors have less A/C unit noise.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

We appreciate you taking the time to share this great review, as our staff works so hard in trying to provide each of our guest with a memorable experience, which in your case were successful.
I have posted your review in each of our departments and I can tell you, you have made many of our staff beam with pride, because of your kind words.
On behalf of the staff at the DoubleTree Palm Beach Gardens, we thank you for your business and hope to see you again.
A Proud General Manager...

Reviewed September 4, 2012

We were on a working vacation on the East Coast of Florida and were lucky to find a great sale price for the Doubletree in Palm Beach Garden. The hotel and grounds were well taken care of and the staff were exceptional. Friendly and responsive. Pool was warm and inviting and breakfast at the on site restaurant provided good value for an upscale hotel. A grocery store and mall is across the street and a pharmacy and service station are strategically located next to the hotel. Highway 95 was a half block away and the large malls were simply across the highway. All was very convenient and suited our needs and wants. The Palm Beach Airport was about 10 minute drive and given the air traffic patterns there was no noise from arriving or departing aircraft.
We did note one side of the hotel does face the highway and that could be a problem. We asked and were given an upgraded room facing the courtyard and pool. Perfect. We received very good value and recommend the hotel for its staff, convenience, cleanliness, convenience and services. Only negative I could foresee is traffic noise for those patrons that end up facing the freeway, particularly those rooms closest to the highway. I should note our room seemed very soundproof and we did not hear anyone next door, above or below us. Kids enjoying the pool when we did have the patio door open was the one exception. Having been parents the sound of kids laughing and splashing brought back great memories.

Room Tip: Try discount online resellers. It worked for us and the hotel even upgraded us!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Thanks for this wonderful review and I was thrilled to read that you were able to combine work and vacation, while staying at our hotel.
Your comments concerning our exceptional, friendly and responsive staff, and noting what a great location we have to shopping and restaurants, is much appreciated.
I was pleased that our staff was able to provide you with a complimentary upgrade to one of our poolside rooms and your comment concerning the "sounds of kids laughing and spashing of brought back great memories," was PRICELESS.
Again thank you for this great review and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed August 18, 2012

I chose this hotel for it's fabulous location and because it is pet friendly. Usually, I must give something up to get those things, but not here. Beautiful lobby, large clean room, comfy beds, soft sheets. The pool area is like an oasis in the middle of the city. You would never know you were a minute from I95 and the Florida turnpike.
We enjoyed a light dinner and drinks at the lobby bar. The food was really good, reasonably priced and served by a great, friendly bartender, Sebastian.
The grounds are well maintained. Our room was large and sparkling clean. The beds were comfortable and the linens were so soft.
I found all of the staff to be friendly and helpful. Racquel at the front desk checked us in and out, and could not be more polite and professional.
I lived in Palm Beach County for 30 years, and moved away 7 years ago. We go back often to visit family and friends. I now feel like I have a new home away from home at this comfortable first class hotel,

Room Tip: Our room was on the ground floor by request. We were on the side facing the pool area(room 138). Our...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Manny O, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel and Executive Meeting Center Palm Beach Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2012

Thank you for this kind review and recognizing the great and friendly service that was provide by our staff and in particular, our Bartender Sebastian and Front Office Supervsior Raquel.
Your comment that you have found your "new home away from home", is one of the most rewarding comments, a General Manager can hear and I thank you on behalf of our staff.
On your next visit to your NEW HOM, please stop by my office and say hello,as I would like to personally meet the newest addition to our DoubleTree PBG Family.
A Very Proud General Manager.

Reviewed August 11, 2012

This hotel was awful mainly because the staff is so indifferent and rude to the guests. Check in was horrible - and even though I was not rude to the staff checking me in she gave me attitude told me to step to side and did not offer me the cookie. Then the room had a horrible humidity problem - I had to keep the air below 70 because if not the room would get horribly humid. I was in town for work and had some pleadings and other court documents I needed to print and copy. I brought my own printer and was using the copy machine in the business executive center (only redeeming quality about this hotel is the executive center attached to the hotel and the location of the hotel). However, one night it was rather late and the executive center was closed so I went to the front desk and after waiting a couple of minutes for someone to come out of the back the lady looked at me like I had 2 heads when I asked her if she could make me copies. After she acquiesced she immediately told me she was going to have to charge me for the copies - even though copies are FREE in the executive center! I thanked her and went back to my room and just resolved to get up a little earlier the next day to make my own 4 copies in the executive center since apparently any copies made by the front desk staff come directly out of their paycheck. Another morning I asked a housekeeper for extra towels - she agreed to give me ONE extra. Overall, the hotel is dated (they have made some renovations to the lobby but one look at the carpet and ou can tell the housekeeping staff is not very keen on actually keeing the lobby clean) and the staff was rude - I was there for two days and could NOT wait to leave. I go to palm beach about once a month for work and have stayed at other hotels in the area that were booked so I went with doubletree. I was mainly disappointed by the staff and the humidity problem in the room which made me extremely uncomfortable when I was working in the room. Location of this hotel is excellent - you've got restaurants, publix, starbucks, etc. close by.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank amcastil
Manny O, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel and Executive Meeting Center Palm Beach Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share you experience at our hotel and please accept my sincere apologies for the poor treatment you recieved during your stay.
I have spoken with the each staff members and have taken corrective action to ensure this does not happen in the future.
Again, thank you for your comments and I hope to have the opportunity of being your host in the future and provide you with a memorable experience.