“J Alexanders”
Review of J Alexander's

J Alexander's
Reserve with OpenTable
J Alexander's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: N. Military Trail
Jericho, New York
“J Alexanders”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Food is good, nothing special. Best for salads, ribs or burgers.Servers are courteous. Nice bar area.Tables are not good for large parties, would stick to parties of four.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank steven g

Palm Beach Gardens,Florida
“Happy delicious times!”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

We have been to this location several times. Most often we can sneak into the bar area as this is a busy place. After the first time we have always shared a meal plus appetizer as the portions are plentiful. Last night we enjoyed their special almond trout which was accompanied by rice pilaf and yummy coleslaw. We added on to the meal with an order of their special roasted beets. Wow were they good! Wish I could get the recipe on that one. Upscale crowd,not really a place for children.

1 Thank smokeyallstars
“Solid fare and reasonable price”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Large restaurant we go there frequently for lunch. Very good salads. The key lime pie is wonderful and frequently for a carb fix we go by just to take portion out. A large slice or heaven for 7 bucks

1 Thank Travelingbonedoc
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Watch out for the bar staff”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

It's obvious from the consistently good service that this restaurant company trains their entire staff, but I wonder about two at the bar that we came across last night. They were very abrupt.

west palm
“Thumbs up for food...thumbs down for service”
Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

As the title stated, thumbs up for the good and thumbs down for service.

I made a reservation in advance. My party of four got to the restaurant on time. Despite having a reservation, we were told it would be a 20 minute wait. Other folks that walked in off the street without a reservation were also quoted the same 20 minute wait. So, it really begs the question, why bother to make a reservation?? I could see empty booths throughout the restaurant so I am at a loss as to the wait. We were finally seated at a small booth and I explained to the hostess that we were celebrating a birthday and would appreciate moving to a bigger booth, and I pointed to two empty ones within my view. She muttered that she would check and let me know. Guess what? The hostess never returned to give me an update or an explanation that the other booth was not an option...just plain ole ignored us.

My server was somewhat pleasant but not very attentive. There is a problem when you are speaking to your server and she has walked off before you are finished placing your order. To be clear, I am not a difficult customer, not is my presentation poor as I was coming straight from the office and dressed in a professional manner. My server seemed to have given a lot better attention to the other tables around and giving my table what seemed like leftover service.

The food was served by the floor manager and was very tasty. Entrees and dessert were great. Large portions and great presentation for everything served.

I've been to this J' Alexander's before and enjoyed that experience more. Somehow they really fell far off the mark on this visit.

1 Thank jamaicanj