“Good Food in Odd Place”

Cross street: Gardens Mall
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Good Food in Odd Place”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

One doesn't really expect more than casual food in a department store, but Figs by Todd English is in the Macy's store at the high-end Gardens Mall.

The restaurant is a bit lacking on ambience, but the food was good. I've had the hot spinach salad on occasion, but my favorite is the crab cakes that comes as both appetizer and entree.

The wait staff was attentive, and seeing that one person in our party ordered a pizza, the wait wasn't too long.

The only thing that was a little off was the extremely minimal amount of ice in the ice tea.

Would I eat there again? Yes, I'm sure I will.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank wpbpatfl

Patchogue, New York, United States
“Vegetarian food that would convert your steakeater”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Many times when I eat out, I feel vegetarians are over looked but not at FIGS. I had so many choices, I didn't know where to start. I ordered the fried eggplant sandwich with tomato soup. I don't know if I stopped smiling during the entire meal. The food was fabulous! I can't wait until I am in PBG to go again.

• Visited January 2013
Jupiter, Florida
“Good find, good food!”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

We've gone to Fig's on several occasions and the food and service is always very good. Last night I had a nice piece of Mahi with a pasta side and steamed broccoli that was just right. My wife had soup and a goat cheese salad that was fresh and tasty. The Lobster bisque that I had needs some work. Don't miss the white chocolate bread pudding!

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank T S
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Not bad for a mall”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

I was skeptical going here. Todd has lately a reputation of spreading himself thin..too many place opening. All in all, the service was very good and attentive-well trained. The wedding soup was a little salty, but corrected when i added some hot tea water upon request. The pizza is very good-fresh crackling and nice varieties. Only down side is that this is not a romantic place..just for a hungry couple tired of shopping. This is Todd's original concept, and it still works. Why are you selling pots and pans on shopping networks..?

• Visited October 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Great evening, good food and great service”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Tucked away in Macy's this restaurant is a gem! They do have an outside entrance, however a bit difficult to see. We had a party of six, were greeted with an enthusiastic staff, experienced great service and had some wonderful food. Highly recommend this restaurant!

• Visited October 2012