“Intended for Marriott Rewards members”

Palm Beach Gardens Marriott
West Chester, Pennsylvania
“Intended for Marriott Rewards members”
Reviewed January 18, 2011

This is an older facility just off I-95. Its main competitor is the nearby Doubletree. In January 2011 it was believed that if you bid on Priceline for a 3.5* hotel in Palm Beach Gardens, you will receive one of these two hotels. I obtained the Marriott for a bid of $47. When you check in, the Doubletree offers you a hot chocolate cookie. This hotel offers you apples, oranges or bananas. Although close to I-95, access is complicated by one way ramps. Nothing is within walking distance.

The hotel is older, but clean and well-maintained. The pool is in a nice garden area, but it was too cold to get in the water. The rooms include a modern wide-screen television. My room did not include a refrigerator, but the desk clerk had a small refrigerator delivered to the room without extra charge.

This hotel is best suited for Marriott Rewards guests who can take advantage of the concierge floor, its breakfast and its daily beverages. For all others, breakfast is not included and wi-fi in the room is not included. In January 2011 the hotel was asking $13 a night for in-room internet access. They did offer a free, 24/7 business center with two computers connected to the internet and a third computer for printing out airline boarding passes.

As I was about to depart, I realized that I had absent-mindedly locked my luggage key inside my suitcase. The hotel engineer opened the suitcase by picking the lock with a paper clip. He refused any gratuity.

If you are a Marriott Rewards member, this is a fine place. For others, get a refrigerator in your room and be prepared to serve your own breakfast.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Stu5390

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Galashiels, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 9, 2011

stayed here for 8 nights had a great time pool and hot tub were great gym was good as well . helpfull staff as well apart from the old dear in the conierge lounge who gave my son a hard time for nothing on the first day off our stay so he never came for breakfast again over all a good time and would recomend and stay here again.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Buford, Georgia
Reviewed October 2, 2010

This is a great hotel at a good price. The staff was very helpful and responsive. The rooms were updated with a large LCD TV with plenty of channels. Internet and breakfast was free for Gold/Platinum members.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 24, 2010

We booked here on hotwire and didnot realise how distant it is from everything. It's prob best for business people abdnot a travelling couple. Wentto Juno beach..... There's nothing to see the beach is lovely but that's it. The shuttles go within a 3 mile radius. Had a free issues bring picked up but was good. The hotel is by an shopping mall which is good we walked it's not far. It was nice to relax in

• Stayed September 2010
Florida
Reviewed August 31, 2010

We recently stayed here for one night before going on a cruise. I bid on this at hotwire and got it for a discounted rate, so I was happy for the price I paid. If I had paid full price, I would probably be a bit disappointed. There wasn't really anything majorly wrong with the hotel, but it was definitely dated.

Check-in was very easy and the employee at the front desk was pleasant. We quickly got our room keys and had our choice of a king bed. There is no additional charge for parking. It looked like they did not offer valet service.

Some complaints: Our room had a flat screen TV but when we turned it on, we discovered something was wrong with the screen and the picture was pixelated and had blue streaks. Not a big deal since we were just going to bed, but we were originally going to watch a sports game on tv and that would have been impossible.

There was no mini fridge. They have one of those coffee makers which makes individual cups, but there was only 1 packet for regular coffee and the other one was decaf, so only one of us got coffee. We checked out the room service and it was average price, $8-$15 each.

Our supposedly clean towels in the bathroom had some kind of crusted stuff on them - hopefully it was just dried shampoo or something but it detracted from the quality of the hotel.

What I did like: the bed and pillows were comfortable with decent quality linens. We mainly just needed a place to sleep so that was important! We were near the elevators so it was a little noisy, but I was able to fall asleep fine.

We didn't have to check out until noon. Lately it seems like the hotels we've stayed at make you get up early and leave by 10 am, so I enjoyed sleeping in and getting ready leisurely.

It was conveniently located right off I-95 so it was easy to find.

I guess it sounds like I had a lot of complaints, but those were minor little things overall. I would recommend this place if you're just looking for a cheaper place to stay. If you want luxury, look elsewhere.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 25, 2010

We stayed here a month ago and it was fine- this is a nice hotel. I especially liked the gym. This time around, we arrived and were given a room that overlooked this large dirty concrete wasteland. I looked at the sheets since this is the first thing that I do when I go to a hotel and there were two pubic hairs and the sheets were stained along with a lot of little black things that looked like small bugs. I was horrified!! I called downstairs and they refused to change my room. All they offered to do was send the manager up with someone to change the sheets. Well, over twenty minutes later a housekeeper came (not with the manager), there was no apology exchanged, and she changed the sheets on the bed.

At this point I was a little annoyed because I doubted that they had even cleaned the room in the first place and I didn't want to be in this room. But, they didn't offer anything- not to change the room, not an apology, nothing. Every other hotel that I have stayed at, if something like this had happened (which it typically doesn't) then there would have been an apology with something offered.

Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
PBGMGM, General Manager at Palm Beach Gardens Marriott, responded to this review, September 2, 2010
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of your recent stays at the Palm Beach Gardens Marriott. While I was very happy to hear of your previous stay I was disappointed to learn of your most current stay. Cleanliness and condition is very important to us and when we read your comment regarding the sheets in your room we of course were very concerned. I can promise you that is not our normal standards. I was also concerned to hear that there was not an offer to change rooms or offer a better resolution. We spend much time training and working with our team on proper Problem Resolution and it appears that this time we fell short of our own expectations.

I hope that you choose to stay with us again so that we can show you what a great experience we can provide. Please let me know next time you are in the area and we will make sure to deliver the exceptional service that you should expect.

Regards,
Eric Waltz
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed July 18, 2010

Got this hotel on an amazing Priceline bid and was happily greeted at the front by (I think) the manager. It was almost midnight when we arrived and he was very pleasant. Told me there were not any double bed rooms left in the sold out hotel and told me there was a cot or pullout sofa in t he room when I explained we were staying with our two young children. When I got up to the room, there was not a cot and the sofa was not a sofabed. I called down and he immediately said he had found another room for us and would bring the key right up. Within a few minutes, there he was with another key to a room with two double beds. He really went out of his way to help someone get another room when he didn't need to as we were priceline customers and they do not guarantee a particular room type when you cook. We all slept great in our new room and I was thrilled with the level of service we received. The room was comfortable, clean and fantastic all around! Would definitely stay here again and not on the priceline system either.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
PBGMGM, General Manager at Palm Beach Gardens Marriott, responded to this review, July 22, 2010
Thank you very much for staying with us. I am glad to hear that you were happy with your Priceline purchase. I apologize about the issue you experienced regarding the preferred room type but I was pleased to hear that the person at the Front Desk went out of their way to limit the inconvenience for you. We are very fortunate to have a great team of caring associates who handle these issues immediately. I was also happy to hear that you were pleased with the other aspects of the hotel as well.

I look forward to meeting you during your next stay at the Palm Beach Gardens Marriott.

Eric Waltz